NFL Thread 2019-2020

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cohen was open by 20 yards....would have been a tough play though for Mitch 

He was to the far left (and for some reason running away from the ball). Yea I can't blame Mitch for not seeing him but it's a damn shame.

Edited by SoxAce

Going up against a dime defense pretty much the whole game and the Bears still can't even run the football.  Montgomery is a vanilla RB and the oline and run scheme are awful (and I think a good chunk of this is on coaching and scheme vs. purely on the players).   Daniels had a horrific season though.  Just awful (after a promising rookie year). He is still young so hopefully he can put in the work in the offseason and make major progress.  

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Going up against a dime defense pretty much the whole game and the Bears still can't even run the football.  Montgomery is a vanilla RB and the oline and run scheme are awful (and I think a good chunk of this is on coaching and scheme vs. purely on the players).   Daniels had a horrific season though.  Just awful (after a promising rookie year). He is still young so hopefully he can put in the work in the offseason and make major progress.  

Montgomery had little to work with, but he looked so slow yesterday 

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Montgomery had little to work with, but he looked so slow yesterday 

That was my issue from the moment they drafted him. Dude works hard and is going to get the most out of himself, unfortunately, he just has a ton of physical limitations (despite the fantastic attitude).  

I just get the feeling that this offense didn't focus enough on its attention to detail (year over year) and I think some of this stems back to the fact that they all thought it would be easy. It will be key to see how they respond now that they are out of the playoffs and how everyone bounces back and how the coaches / players both learn from this.  It is extremely difficult to win in the NFL (especially on a consistent basis) and you need to be so darn focused. I think this team thought everything was going to be easy and everything went sideways from camp on (from the absurd focus on the kicker to what I have to presume is just a complete lack of dedication to the rushing game).  Reality is I think Nagy needs an offensive coach who will flat out challenge him.  I don't think he has that in Helfrich and to be frank, head coaches are head coaches for a reason. I get it, they brought him in for his scheme, etc, but he doesn't have to call all of the plays and he can still have his system but ran by others with their own capabilities (that is perfectly okay).  

I would love to see them win the next two, but I'd be content if they split the final 2. Going 0-2 is a distinct possibility but I really hope that doesn't happen.  Hopefully we continue to see Mitch make progress, no (MORE) injuries, and of course see Miller keep stacking up good games.  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I just get the feeling that this offense didn't focus enough on its attention to detail (year over year) and I think some of this stems back to the fact that they all thought it would be easy. It will be key to see how they respond now that they are out of the playoffs and how everyone bounces back and how the coaches / players both learn from this.  It is extremely difficult to win in the NFL (especially on a consistent basis) and you need to be so darn focused. I think this team thought everything was going to be easy and everything went sideways from camp on (from the absurd focus on the kicker to what I have to presume is just a complete lack of dedication to the rushing game).  Reality is I think Nagy needs an offensive coach who will flat out challenge him.  I don't think he has that in Helfrich and to be frank, head coaches are head coaches for a reason. I get it, they brought him in for his scheme, etc, but he doesn't have to call all of the plays and he can still have his system but ran by others with their own capabilities (that is perfectly okay).  

I would love to see them win the next two, but I'd be content if they split the final 2. Going 0-2 is a distinct possibility but I really hope that doesn't happen.  Hopefully we continue to see Mitch make progress, no (MORE) injuries, and of course see Miller keep stacking up good games.  

I would agree with this but also add that Nagy is still very new at play calling and creating a scheme game to game. In KC he helped design the plays but was only a play caller for 1 season. He still seems to be stuck on creating plays but not tailoring them to the weakness of the defense. Everything worked last year. It didn't this year. Hopefully, he learned a lot this year and will carry it forward.

It's fucking criminal that Allen Robinson isn't even a Pro Bowl alternate. Idk how people could have watched football this year and come to the conclusion that Robinson isn't one of the top 5 WRs in the NFC. 

Also, with the way Miller has come on in the last few weeks, there's no way in hell that they should cut or trade him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's fucking criminal that Allen Robinson isn't even a Pro Bowl alternate. Idk how people could have watched football this year and come to the conclusion that Robinson isn't one of the top 5 WRs in the NFC. 

Also, with the way Miller has come on in the last few weeks, there's no way in hell that they should cut or trade him. 

The Pro Bowl is a joke and no one takes it seriously. I wouldn't get to worried about players who make and not make it.

13 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Who the hell is saying they would cut or trade Miller?

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Could someone explain to me why everyone hates Miller? I think the dude has talent and I'm tired of Nagy throwing him under the bus constantly to cover for Trubisky's incompetence. 

They'd be stupid to give up on him after 2 years when he's not the problem with the offense. He did have 7 TD as a rookie. He's open often and it's not his fault that Mitch can't hit him 

When I saw people shitting on Miller, this is what I posted.