NFL Thread 2019-2020

33 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Anybody know the best way to stream the Bears Chiefs game?  TV broke just in time for the holidays.  I'm not sure which of these websites are trustable!

It’s on the yahoo main page. I’ve never watched a game on it, but I just checked and it was playing - maybe 30 seconds behind the tv feed.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Lol at anyone who ever defended Trubisky in any way

Put Mahomes on the Bears with this team and they wouldn’t be rolling like the Chiefs are with how many holes this team has. Mitch is a symptom of the problem but he is not the main problem.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Put Mahomes on the Bears with this team and they wouldn’t be rolling like the Chiefs are with how many holes this team has. Mitch is a symptom of the problem but he is not the main problem.

This. He missed Arob on what should have been a touchdown but otherwise he wasn’t the main problem. The reality is this team has a ton of problems on offense and unfortunately a good chunk of them start with the head coach and the offensive assistants and they will be around next year or at least some of them will.

Every game, they put up some good plays and than bam a negative play (like the Miller reverse fumble) or two. And Tarik Cohen...geeze he blows. He had some huge plays that he was scared of hitting the hole on in screen play game. 

47 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

He's not the only problem.

That missed bomb to Robinson was a killer. He also had some terrible misses on short passes. Mitch was awful last night.

Cohen has been terrible all year. He runs laterally all the time instead of turning upfield. I can’t think of a player who regressed so much from one season to the next.

3rd down defense was bad last night, and it feels like they’ve been giving up 3rd and long conversions all season. They’ve also had too many dumb penalties that have extended drives that eventually ended in scores.

Nagy has been bad and stubborn all season. Play calling has sucked.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

I’ve been a Chiefs fan for a long time. I saw them constantly not draft a QB early in the draft. Keep swinging Bears. I wasn’t shocked that they passed on Mahomes but it was that they passed on Watson. Mahomes on the Bears and they’re in the playoffs. He isn’t a product of KCs system. The kid is special and elevates those around him. Early on Tyreek was out, his LT was out. No real RB1. A bad interior OL and they still were producing. It’s a QB league clearly. Mitch isn’t and never was the answer. Keep swinging Chicago. You’ll find one. 

I was one of the morons who wanted Trubisky to keep throwing and I thought he could be something. I was an idiot and I admitted so after the Saints game.

Last night was another example of his ineptitude. In hockey we call bad players "tomato cans." Trubisky is a tomato can. 

Nagy may end up being a loser in my eyes but right now it's impossible to judge him, imo. The most important position in sports is QB and he doesn't have one. He missed 2 TD throws last night. He consistently threw short of the line to gain. Media asked yesterday if he had the 4th and 23 back if he'd throw it to a streaking Cohen. He said "yeah sure." The guy is bad. He has no IQ.

The Bears need to upgrade their OL but Robinson & Miller are good enough and Montgomery is decent. 

I fear they go into next year and give Trubisky (and thus Pace and Nagy) a final hurrah because the other options aren't good either (and yay, waste another top 10 D in my lifetime), but I'd also love to see them get creative and get a good QB (Bridgewater?) or just fire Ryan Pace all together

Edited by soxfan49

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

He's not the only problem, but he's not just a symptom either. He's a playoff killer on any team because he's pretty bad at football. Conversely, this team with a competent quarterback is probably a wildcard team given how closer the defense held most games.

The Bears need to at least admit to themselves that Trubisky was a mistake. Problem is that the team is not in the position to draft a quarterback. But this offense has enough problems without Trubisky compounding things. Let's not have a Bobby Douglass situation where the guy plays for years and the team stinks for years.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I'm almost to the point where if they suck ass next year I wouldn't be upset because then they can get Lawrence or Fields

I'm already to the point that I do not want to see them draft any more QB's early.  It just doesn't work.  With a special defense, We don't have time to wait to see what a young QB becomes.   

8 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I'm already to the point that I do not want to see them draft any more QB's early.  It just doesn't work.  With a special defense, We don't have time to wait to see what a young QB becomes.   

Yeah I can see your point, but the odds that Keenum or Mariota will get them a championship aren't good. I suppose Bridgewater is an option but for $20M a year that likely means a lot of pieces will have to leave- Jackson perhaps, Robinson maybe, Cohen who cares, Patterson could be gone.

Plus if they run Trubisky's sorry ass out there and finish 4-12, it'll be a new GM/HC finding that quarterback. Pace loved Mariota, Glennon and Trubisky. If it was him making the 2021 pick I'd be with you, but it'll be a new GM and just by sheer chance he will have a better eye for QB talent than Pace.

Edited by soxfan49

Drafting trubisky to me is inexcusable and tanked what could have been a super bowl winning team with a good QB.

However, gotta say I have no idea who a good qb will be anymore. Last year it seemed to make more sense. Those QBs who threw a lot in college and crucially showed good improvisational skills on third downs while being accurate seemed to be the key.

But then baker was terrible this year and Josh Allen was good. Darnold was terrible and Daniel Jones was good.

I have no idea. It's a damn crapshoot.

• Like 1

I mean the NFL has basically become quidditch. You have this whole game going on that seems important, players trying to hit a ball through a hole, but actually all that matters is some guy randomly getting a golden ball completely separate from the action.

If you don't have the QB watching your team is meaningless. I just can't bother with it after 30 years of this shit.