NFL Thread 2019-2020

13 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I thought you meant the city would feel that way, but this is simply a you thing.

I know a lot of Bears fans who despise Brady, but yeah, for the most part it's just me. 

I think Belichick is awesome and I think Brady is a whiny entitled b**** that has been riding off BB's coattails. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Yeah, the early 90s Super Bowl teams were a snooze.

Ask any Bills’ or Dolphins fans the last time they were really excited about their teams.

You might have a couple of years of overlap into the early 90’s for the Bills as their three core players were still in their early 30’s, but those were really good teams that still didn't belong on the same field with their NFC opponents.

Saying the 1990’s doesn't seem quite so dramatic, but whatever...it has been ages for both fanbases.  Obviously Brady and Belichick have something to do with it, too.

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ask any Bills’ or Dolphins fans the last time they were really excited about their teams.

You might have a couple of years of overlap into the early 90’s for the Bills as their three core players were still in their early 30’s, but those were really good teams that still didn't belong on the same field with their NFC opponents.

Saying the 1990’s doesn't seem quite so dramatic, but whatever...it has been ages for both fanbases.  Obviously Brady and Belichick have something to do with it, too.

Lmao what are you talking about.  The 90s were infinitely more dramatic for the Bills. They went to and lost four straight Super Bowls.   They missed the playoffs for six straight years in the 80s

D14E5710-2E81-4E0E-8F0E-1EA08DA4AA13.png

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao what are you talking about.  The 90s were infinitely more dramatic for the Bills. They went to and lost four straight Super Bowls.   They missed the playoffs for six straight years in the 80s

D14E5710-2E81-4E0E-8F0E-1EA08DA4AA13.png

Dramatic?

Sure, that's like saying this decade has been dramatic for Oklahoma football.   They've lost 7 straight times in the College Football playoffs...while they at least gave Georgia a game two years ago, no Sooner fan believes they had a realistic chance in any of those games.

But fine, I should have edited it to early 90's. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I should have edited it to early 90's. 

It’s not a big deal. I was just pointing out that their most exciting period was the early 90s. They didn’t win the Super Bowl, but they were definitely a great team. Their “success” shouldn’t be minimized. It’s pretty remarkable that they kept making it when you consider recently the runner up often misses the playoffs the following year.

16 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

It’s not a big deal. I was just pointing out that their most exciting period was the early 90s. They didn’t win the Super Bowl, but they were definitely a great team. Their “success” shouldn’t be minimized. It’s pretty remarkable that they kept making it when you consider recently the runner up often misses the playoffs the following year.

I used to love NFL football...it was third after MLB and NCAA basketball for me.

But that's because I grew up in the 70's and 80's as a Dolphins' fan (and I never particularly cared for Jimmy Johnson, either...which goes back to his time at Oklahoma State, since my dad went to OU, which made him more or less a bitter enemy, haha.)

After the mid 90's, it has been almost 25 years of nothing for Miami, like being a Royals' fan over that time period.  So that pretty much wiped out my interest in the NFL.

I lived in Kansas City for about ten years and adopted the Chiefs as my second team, but it's never the same as your first allegiance.  And, the biggest problem is that living in China, most of the games are Monday morning from 1-2 a.m. through 7-8 a.m.

The Chiefs are really fun to watch with Mahomes, but, you always have it in the back of your head they'll end up disappointing you in the playoffs...this feeling goes back all the way to the 1980's as well.  I lived there from 1997-2007.

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Kyle Long is retiring. 

Posted this on another board, but he is going to be another "what if" guy similar to Tommie Harris. Had a hell of a HOF start until injuries did him in. 

Edited by SoxAce

27 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Posted this on another board, but he is going to be another "what if" guy similar to Tommie Harris. Had a hell of a HOF start until injuries did him in. 

Yep. Bummer injuries got the best of him. 31 is still young too. I wonder if he is a guy that ends up coming back after sitting out a season (depending on how his body heals).  The injuries he had suffered were brutal though. He made lots of money and I am glad he is retiring a Bear.  Dude left it on the field every time...but man, wish he could have stayed healthy.  

14 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

They were a good damn team.   They could have won some of those Super Bowls, it isn't like they laid down

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Bears 4th round? I wonder how far the injury concerns will push him down

I think your opinion on the injury concerns would probably have the most weight here.   Seems like he was going top 3 if healthy.   If a team is willing to wait on him and his prognosis is good, I don't know that he would last until 4th round