NFL Thread 2019-2020

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think your opinion on the injury concerns would probably have the most weight here.   Seems like he was going top 3 if healthy.   If a team is willing to wait on him and his prognosis is good, I don't know that he would last until 4th round

Just depends on the stability of the ankles. Having severe enough high ankle sprains on both ankles that he needed surgery on both doesnt bode well.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Just depends on the stability of the ankles. Having severe enough high ankle sprains on both ankles that he needed surgery on both doesnt bode well.

He's not a run-first style of QB, so doesn't that alleviate SOME of concern?

Is this at all similar to the Greg Oden situation...or that was more about his feet as well?

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He's not a run-first style of QB, so doesn't that alleviate SOME of concern?

Is this at all similar to the Greg Oden situation...or that was more about his feet as well?

It will all be in the evaluation. He may not run much but he needs to move around and still get hit in the legs. 

I dont know how it will pan ou but I would love to see his agility drills at the combine, if he goes.

25 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Josh McDaniels is the only Patriots coach worth hiring and no one is going to hire him. 

I think they would. The reality is McDaniels is only going to go to a spot that is totally ideal to him.  He was never going to go to the Giants with Gettleman. I do think there is a legit chance he ends up in Cleveland.  They still have a good roster (on paper) and real coaching can help them.  Browns will give him a ton of input on the GM spot too.  I don't get why the Giants didn't go for an offensive mind, given they have Jones/Saquon there.  I heard (no idea if this is true) but they want to make Garrett the OC (although I have no idea why Jason Garrett would take an OC gig at this point vs. take a season off and get another gig).  

It was two years ago.  Should he not be able to be a head coach ever again?

He hasn't had a an offense rank outside the top ten in points scored in almost 10 years. 

Teams are interviewing Jason Garrett, Jim Schwartz.   I mean take a chance for once.  Teams that haven't won a championship or made the playoffs in ten years, better not take a risk on that guy, we might be bad like always.

37 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

It was two years ago.  Should he not be able to be a head coach ever again?

He hasn't had a an offense rank outside the top ten in points scored in almost 10 years. 

Teams are interviewing Jason Garrett, Jim Schwartz.   I mean take a chance for once.  Teams that haven't won a championship or made the playoffs in ten years, better not take a risk on that guy, we might be bad like always.

Teams are also interviewing McDaniels.

Did anyone hear Pace’s comments regarding not having their top two tight ends in Burton and Shaheen available?  He was using it as an excuse for lack of offensive production.

Before Shaheen’s “foot injury”, Nagy chose not to play him and he was a healthy scratch.  He was available and Nagy still didn’t want to play him.

Pace gave Burton $18 million guaranteed and wasted a 2nd round pick on Shaheen and both have been massive busts.  Who does Pace think he is fooling?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Did anyone hear Pace’s comments regarding not having their top two tight ends in Burton and Shaheen available?  He was using it as an excuse for lack of offensive production.

Before Shaheen’s “foot injury”, Nagy chose not to play him and he was a healthy scratch.  He was available and Nagy still didn’t want to play him.

Pace gave Burton $18 million guaranteed and wasted a 2nd round pick on Shaheen and both have been massive busts.  Who does Pace think he is fooling?

The offense does heavily depend on the tight end to be effective. Look at the offensive comps in pederson and Reid. The offense was pretty effective with a healthy burton.

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The offense does heavily depend on the tight end to be effective. Look at the offensive comps in pederson and Reid. The offense was pretty effective with a healthy burton.

The Bears weren't just bad, you look at their skill position players under PFF and Burton put up one of the worst advanced stat seasons out of any TE in league history (that is how bad he was and he got a lot of snaps). Shaheen...ditto. Now some of that could be impacted by QB play, but the guys the Bears brought in after Shaheen/Burton (Holtz and Hornstead or whatever his name was) were not world beaters either, but just them alone looked far better. 

Shaheen is a joke and was a joke of a pick way back when they got him. It was a deep TE draft and they whiffed big time. Injuries certainly play a factor and you don't know what he could have been without that, but from some of the comments the coaches made, it also sounded like he didn't know the systems/made too many careless mistakes which implies to me a separate work ethic issue as well (or it could just be limited football/practice due to all the injuries).

On the receiver front, Gabriel was non-existent outside of the Redskin game and as good as Robinson was, he still had some costly drops and ranked in the low 30's by PFF (maybe part of that was due to Mitch) but he is not an elite wideout. He is an elite route-runner who can make nice catches, but he is not a wideout that teams game plan/scheme against.  Miller grew as the season went on, but had his own issues and Montgomery and Cohen ranked horrifically under all metrics.

Than there is the line which was its own bit of terrible.  Bottom line, there are a lot of freaking issues with this offense. There are also quite a few young players (miller / whitehair / Daniels / Montgomery / Cohen / Wimms / Ridley / Trubisky) who can turn things around take steps forward to solve things, but a lot of work is needed and it absolutely goes well beyond the simple factor of Mitch Trubisky (in my personal opinion).  

On 1/5/2020 at 2:37 PM, soxfan49 said:

I thought you meant the city would feel that way, but this is simply a you thing.

I know a lot of Bears fans who despise Brady. I think everyone outside of New England despises Brady. 

Anyway, I know this isn't popular, but if Miami cuts him I'd bring in Rosen. He could be a complete dickhead, but as long as there is very little guaranteed money it shouldn't be a huge deal to cut bait. He's still only 22 years old. 

Also: 

Edited by Jack Parkman