NFL Thread 2019-2020

1 hour ago, justBLAZE said:

Bears are hiring John DeFillipo as a QB coach. Ragone will be passing game coordinator.

And just like that, I get excited again.  I didn't like the OC move, but this is a nice move and as I say the OC at least has NFL play calling experience and seems to have gotten the most out of mediocre QB's in the best, albeit, his offensive numbers as an OC were downright offensive.  

John D did well in Philly (to the point many thought he would potentially be our HC over Nagy) with Wentz/Foles and in Jacksonville I know he got let go, but Foles was hurt and he got pretty sweet production out of Minshew.  

21 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

That is what I think as well but other on social media think this is not triplling down on Mitch but rather expect a QB addition (Foles?).

I think they are investing everything on the QB position and its importance. I don't think you bring in coaches so you can land a vet sto-gap like Foles. They are going to add a vet to drive competition and give them a ripcord to pull if things are looking bad 6 weeks in (and in some ways its going to make things even harder for Mitch...because I think he is a guy who lost his swagger this past season with everyone second guessing everything and having someone like Foles/Dalton or whomever beyond him is only going to intensify that).  The best case for Bears is Mitch breaks out and basically just doubles down this offseason and takes an F-IT mentality to the field where he just flat out BALLS.  Have fun and ball out.  Oversimplifying things, but the dude just thinks too much on the field and that breaks down his ability to read and react.  And I think a lot of it comes down to that back of the mind, you over magnify on the what can go wrong. vs what could go right). 

Dude needs a mental coach to help him with visualization, etc.  Shoot, I'm not even close to a professional athlete but I deal with that when I play basketball...when I have a swagger that my buckets are going in, they do and I just play quicker and react faster and make moves. When I'm more worried and focused on NOT turning the ball over or making sure I hit the bucket, every part of me moves and reacts just a bit slower and that difference is the difference between me making baskets and getting layups vs. not.  Super basic level cause I'm not a professional athlete, but I really think Mitch's issues lay between the ears and not from the smart vs. not smart, but from mental blocks / lack of confidence/swagger.  

Maybe he can go all Greinke (remember when he finally got past his mental issues and broke through).  Dude was ready to retire and play golf cause he was such a mental headcase. Konerko was kind of the same way...he had his best years once he freed up mentally and got over "fear of failing".  

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

50 years is a long time to wait for a Super Bowl...but well worth it for Chiefs’ fans after so many playoff heartbreaks dating back to the 1980’s. 

6-17 in the post-season since the 1970 Super Bowl.

The chiefs winning is awful for the bears. It means nagy is going to continue to run the dumbass horizontal offense.

18 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The chiefs winning is awful for the bears. It means nagy is going to continue to run the dumbass horizontal offense.

Nagy won’t win anything until the Bears draft a legit QB instead of another bust.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

17 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Mahomes is a quarterback the Bears have never had: a real talent who no  defense can stop.  

The bears could have had any of the quarterbacks in the playoffs this year 3xcept Wentz and Allen I think.

34 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The bears could have had any of the quarterbacks in the playoffs this year 3xcept Wentz and Allen I think.

Yep, it’s embarrassing.  Jimmy G cost a 2nd round pick.  Pace wanted Adam Shaheen with that pick instead.  Pace needs to be shown the door.

• Love 2

53 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think you could have ended with nagy wont win anything

I disagree. I think he's a good head coach with a decent gameplan. All of that looks better with not the 32nd best QB

19 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep, it’s embarrassing.  Jimmy G cost a 2nd round pick.  Pace wanted Adam Shaheen with that pick instead.  Pace needs to be shown the door.

100% agree

19 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I disagree. I think he's a good head coach with a decent gameplan. All of that looks better with not the 32nd best QB

100% agree

Ask yourself why trubiskey regressed so much this year? He had a pretty good year last year.

No decent game plan runs 6 times in an entire game.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Ask yourself why trubiskey regressed so much this year? He had a pretty good year last year.

So it's Nagy's fault that Trubisky went to shit? Really? Trubisky admitted after a terrible week 1 that he wasn't right mentally.

Maybe Nagy wasn't calling for runs because 1) his OL sucks and 2) the opposing DC's were loading the box because the QB was literally no threat at all.

Look, I worded my post the way I did on purpose. Good *head coach* with *decent* gameplans. I didn't say spectacular. But Andy Reid did just fine this year with a bottom third running game. I wonder why

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It could also simply be that Trubisky is bad and his game has been figured out.  Remember what the Packers players said about making Trubisky throw the ball because he will lose the game?

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It could also simply be that Trubisky is bad and his game has been figured out.  Remember what the Packers players said about making Trubisky throw the ball because he will lose the game?

Exactly. When the HC is saying "Mitch needs to master identifying coverages" after his THIRD year, you know the guy is totally lost. It's too bad; I wanted him to be great (you know this better than anyone @Moan4Yoan) but it didn't happen. Nagy will end up getting canned if he regresses even more & they win <6 games, but if that means Trubisky gets launched and they get Lawrence or Fields, so be it

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Exactly. When the HC is saying "Mitch needs to master identifying coverages" after his THIRD year, you know the guy is totally lost. It's too bad; I wanted him to be great (you know this better than anyone @Moan4Yoan) but it didn't happen. Nagy will end up getting canned if he regresses even more & they win <6 games, but if that means Trubisky gets launched and they get Lawrence or Fields, so be it

This is key.  They need to tank for one of these kids at some point but I have no faith the Bears will be smart enough to do it.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

This is key.  They need to tank for one of these kids at some point but I have no faith the Bears will be smart enough to do it.

The D is still too good. Only hope would be Mack, Hicks, Smith, Jackson, and Robinson are out for extended periods of time.

Maybe 5-11 gets them into the top 10 and the (hopefully new) regime pulls a Philly move and goes up for either guy.

• Like 1