NFL Thread 2019-2020

Ebron has his flaws, but he's probably the most realistic TE target for the Bears. He's still young, was a high pick, and has put up some good numbers (w/Luck in Indy). That said, he has had some drop issues in the past.  The reality is Henry (injury prone) and Hooper (Falcons will try and keep him and he's going to get PAID) are other options as well but I don't know Bears will get them.  Ebron is going to get paid too (don't get me wrong). 

Hicks & Cohen evidently are recruiting Ebron and Ebron has already made some positive statements about Mitch this off-season.  

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1219095269221863425

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1219060574346207233

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1219076749490839552

28 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Ebron has had some bad drop issues on and off during his career.   I hope if the bears get him, his hands work this time 

Exactly.  A GM should be able to draft a TE like Ebron all day long.  If no one has faith in Pace finding a TE in the draft as good as Ebron, step one should be getting rid of Pace.

9 hours ago, The Beast said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-chicago-bears-team-needs-draft-picks-prospects-to-watch/

This made it seem like they had two fifth round picks, unless I missed something. I wonder how the compensatory pick works, it has to do with the amount of free agents lost versus the ones signed?

What do they do with Cohen if they draft a speed back and Montgomery is their bruiser?

Everyone assumed they'd get a 5 for Mack but it was announced that it's a 7.

@VicTafur: For your draft boards at home: #Raiders gave a conditional 5th to #Bears that became a 7th. Raiders have 7 picks: 2 in 1st round 3 in 3rd round 1 in 4th round 1 in 5th round

Edited by soxfan49

21 hours ago, nickofypres said:

lol maddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I didn’t expect them to win so I’m not mad. They had a great season, especially considering expectations were relatively low going into the season. Heck, I thought the Bears were going to win the division again 😂 

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Let go by six teams, that ought to get a week’s human interest story on him alone.

Yeah, I saw that.  I didn't even remember him being with the Bears, must have been in preseason. 

It also goes to show that you should never draft running back early in the draft or pay them big money.

9 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, I saw that.  I didn't even remember him being with the Bears, must have been in preseason. 

It also goes to show that you should never draft running back early in the draft or pay them big money.

Well, there are probably some exceptions, like Derrick Henry (2nd round).

Chubb, 2nd round

McCaffrey, 8th overall 

Elliott, 4th overall

C.Carson, 7th round

Fournette, 4th overall

J. Jacobs, 24th overall

Mixon, 2nd

D.Cook, 2nd

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, there are probably some exceptions, like Derrick Henry (2nd round).

Chubb, 2nd round

McCaffrey, 8th overall 

Elliott, 4th overall

C.Carson, 7th round

Fournette, 4th overall

J. Jacobs, 24th overall

Mixon, 2nd

D.Cook, 2nd

Yeah, there is usually one or two a year maybe worth taking early and by early I mean top 20 or so.

For all those guys, there is also a Aaron Jones (5th round), Phillip Lindsay (undrafted), Alvin Kamara (3rd round) and so on. 

Although, I do see the running game in the NFL kind of making a comeback.  So maybe teams will start to value that position more.

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

There was an article somewhere that said he played 2 games on special teams in 2016, I think.

58 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, there is usually one or two a year maybe worth taking early and by early I mean top 20 or so.

For all those guys, there is also a Aaron Jones (5th round), Phillip Lindsay (undrafted), Alvin Kamara (3rd round) and so on. 

Although, I do see the running game in the NFL kind of making a comeback.  So maybe teams will start to value that position more.

Tyreek Hill is the most dangerous player in the NFL and went in the fifth.  I guess you can argue he would have gone late first or second had he not played for West Alabama (as opposed to ‘Bama) and the DV charges from OklaState.

On the field, Hill was utilized very evenly as a running back (25 carries for 237 yards and one touchdown), wide receiver (27 receptions for 444 yards and a touchdown), punt returner (20 returns averaging 10.7 yards with two touchdowns), and kick returner (also 20 returns averaging 23.0 yards with two touchdowns). In his 11 games for the team, he never exceeded 100 yards rushing or receiving, and averaged 135 all-purpose-yards until a 307-all-purpose-yard burst against Delta State in Game 8. After this, his production tapered off quickly to a season-ending -3 all-purpose-yards against the North Alabama Lions.[19]

The 49ers might want to talk to that N.Alabama defensive coordinator. 

On 1/19/2020 at 11:08 PM, nickofypres said:

Knew the 9ers would win. Whenever GB played a real team this year they lost. Worst 13-3 team ever.

You forgot about the 13-3 Bears team in 2001 that got dismantled by the Eagles at Soldier Field. Injured Bears littered the field throughout that game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tyreek Hill is the most dangerous player in the NFL and went in the fifth.  I guess you can argue he would have gone late first or second had he not played for West Alabama (as opposed to ‘Bama) and the DV charges from OklaState.

On the field, Hill was utilized very evenly as a running back (25 carries for 237 yards and one touchdown), wide receiver (27 receptions for 444 yards and a touchdown), punt returner (20 returns averaging 10.7 yards with two touchdowns), and kick returner (also 20 returns averaging 23.0 yards with two touchdowns). In his 11 games for the team, he never exceeded 100 yards rushing or receiving, and averaged 135 all-purpose-yards until a 307-all-purpose-yard burst against Delta State in Game 8. After this, his production tapered off quickly to a season-ending -3 all-purpose-yards against the North Alabama Lions.[19]

The 49ers might want to talk to that N.Alabama defensive coordinator. 

Yeah, Hill was probably going to be a early first round guy if wasn't a garbage human.  I think he ran like a 4.26 40 yard dash or something like that.

I'm curious to what Henry Ruggs runs, he could put up numbers like that.  He is my dream player for the Packers, but I think he goes top 15-20 this year.

20 minutes ago, Pants Rowland said:

You forgot about the 13-3 Bears team in 2001 that got dismantled by the Eagles at Soldier Field. Injured Bears littered the field throughout that game.

I like all the stupid "Packers were the worst 13-3 team ever" stuff.  The Saints this year were the first 13-3 team to lose in the wild card round.  Literally the worst 13-3 team ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Pettine might be on the way out of Green Bay. Strange move as their D was seen as much improved

He wasn't Lafleur's guy and they had some lapses at times this year.  Especially against the run and that came to a head in the NFC Championship.

I'm fine either way.  I just wonder if Lafleur has someone in mind and the 49ers game was enough for him to move on.

12 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

He wasn't Lafleur's guy and they had some lapses at times this year.  Especially against the run and that came to a head in the NFC Championship.

I'm fine either way.  I just wonder if Lafleur has someone in mind and the 49ers game was enough for him to move on.

Mike Pettine would be an upgrade over Pagano and if GB fired him I'd launch Chuck in about 2 seconds to bring him in. Arkush glows about him, and says he's a better DC than Fangio. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mike Pettine would be an upgrade over Pagano and if GB fired him I'd launch Chuck in about 2 seconds to bring him in. Arkush glows about him, and says he's a better DC than Fangio. 

When did Arkush say that