NFL Thread 2019-2020

8 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mike Pettine would be an upgrade over Pagano and if GB fired him I'd launch Chuck in about 2 seconds to bring him in. Arkush glows about him, and says he's a better DC than Fangio. 

He's staying in Green Bay, so you won't have to launch Chuck. 

Pagano seemed to do a fine job last year, not sure why you would want to get rid of him anyways.

Around the time that Brett Favre first retired, Hub Arkush said the Packers were crazy for letting him retire and Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be any good.  So I'm not sure he is the best judge of things.

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

When Nagy was hired and they weren't sure if Fangio was staying yet. 

Yea I listen to Arkush all the time and I have never heard him say Pettine was better than Pagano much less Fangio.  Arkush absolutely loved Fangio.

and Pagano is a good DC, who had to deal with his side of the ball being on the field way more than it should yet still was a top defensive team.  

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea I listen to Arkush all the time and I have never heard him say Pettine was better than Pagano much less Fangio.  Arkush absolutely loved Fangio.

and Pagano is a good DC, who had to deal with his side of the ball being on the field way more than it should yet still was a top defensive team.  

Yeah, when it was iffy whether Fangio was going to go stay with the Bears or not, I specifically remember Hub saying that if Fangio left and they got Pettine it was an upgrade, and the only way possible that it would be. 

It's obviously 2 years old now so idk if its possible to find that audio. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mike Pettine would be an upgrade over Pagano and if GB fired him I'd launch Chuck in about 2 seconds to bring him in. Arkush glows about him, and says he's a better DC than Fangio. 

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

When did Arkush say that

Also, who gives a rats ass what Hub Arkush thinks

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

I find it wild that Tom Brady could play next year for a team other than the Patriots. 

Is he going to play for the Bucs?  Colts?  Is he gonna spend his last couple years playing for like 7-9 team.

Elway would probably jump at that opportunity 

I mean they won 6 championships, they are probably looking at having a drop off at some point.

Keeping Jimmy G would have been tough for them, they would have had to let Brady go two years ago.  I doubt they could have kept both of them and I doubt Jimmy G was going to be excited about sitting on the bench for another year.  He is already 28.

Patriots also have a real problem with offensive talent right now in general.

19 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I mean they won 6 championships, they are probably looking at having a drop off at some point.

Keeping Jimmy G would have been tough for them, they would have had to let Brady go two years ago.  I doubt they could have kept both of them and I doubt Jimmy G was going to be excited about sitting on the bench for another year.  He is already 28.

Patriots also have a real problem with offensive talent right now in general.

I have it on really good authority that Jimmy G was tired of being a backup and while the Pats actually offered him a nice contract, his agent basically told him Brady wasn't going to hang them up in the next couple of years so he turned down the contract offer at which point the Pats basically knew they had to move him. 

19 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I have it on really good authority that Jimmy G was tired of being a backup and while the Pats actually offered him a nice contract, his agent basically told him Brady wasn't going to hang them up in the next couple of years so he turned down the contract offer at which point the Pats basically knew they had to move him. 

Yeah, Brady has been pretty clear about wanting to play until he is 45.  So, I could totally see Jimmy G getting frustrated.

Rodgers had a similar situation in Green Bay, but Favre was talking about retiring almost every offseason, so I bet Rodgers was willing to be more patient.

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Interesting. Paying big money to him. Could be a nice value move (relatively speaking). Seems worth the risk.

When I heard it, I thought the Bears were bringing in a new backup QB. I remember him as a QB in the Big 10. 😁

They do need a cornerback as well.