NFL Thread 2019-2020

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Derek Carr wouldn't be a backup QB. I have long felt that Carr to the Bears would make a decent amount of sense. He's solid, maybe a bit more upside than downside to be honest (I think a change in scenery does him good) and it gives the Bears nice protection.  

IF the  Bears get a new QB this year, my gut would be on Carr/Stafford.  The nice thing with Carr is, his contract is like $19M/yr which is actually pretty reasonable, albeit, I think he has a big cap hit this year.  

42 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

IF the  Bears get a new QB this year, my gut would be on Carr/Stafford.  The nice thing with Carr is, his contract is like $19M/yr which is actually pretty reasonable, albeit, I think he has a big cap hit this year.  

I really have a hard time believing that the Lions would deal Stafford to a team in their division

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Derek Carr wouldn't be a backup QB. I have long felt that Carr to the Bears would make a decent amount of sense. He's solid, maybe a bit more upside than downside to be honest (I think a change in scenery does him good) and it gives the Bears nice protection.  

If he isn't going to be a backup, I don't think they'll acquire him. It appears they are still in the "Trubiskey is our guy mode." Maybe that Changes.

53 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If he isn't going to be a backup, I don't think they'll acquire him. It appears they are still in the "Trubiskey is our guy mode." Maybe that Changes.

They're not going to get Carr and he'd be a back-up. I was hard on Pace and Nagy for their early January pc, but perhaps that was just a really good poker face. Carr is nothing special, but he certainly isn't the worst QB in football and that's music to my ears.

My only fear is that Raiders fans can't stand Carr when he plays in big games. Even a Bay Area writer back in October wrote how Carr's play is good enough against mediocre teams but not even close against KC, etc. It's not like he had a poor cast in Oakland either. OL was great, weapons were decent, good RB. He also sucks in cold weather

Edited by soxfan49

7 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Carr played behind one of the better OL in football, has one of the best TE in football and one of the top RB.  Yet he was still pretty average.

I wouldn't trade for him, but I guess I would sign him, but he is pretty average. 

You'd sign Carr to replace Rodgers? Nice! Done deal!

56 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Carr played behind one of the better OL in football, has one of the best TE in football and one of the top RB.  Yet he was still pretty average.

I wouldn't trade for him, but I guess I would sign him, but he is pretty average. 

Pretty average is a lot better than complete horseshit

44 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Pretty average is a lot better than complete horseshit

Yeah, he's probably an upgrade over Trubisky, not sure how much. 

If you could just sign him it would be better, but if you have to trade a pick for him and take on that contract, not to sure about that.

I get some of the comparisons to Alex Smith, but one thing Smith did really well was his ability to run and make some plays with his legs and Carr can't do any of that.

I still think Brady ends up back with the Patriots and Carr stays with Las Vegas. 

Edited by GoSox05

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Yeah, he's probably an upgrade over Trubisky, not sure how much. 

If you could just sign him it would be better, but if you have to trade a pick for him and take on that contract, not to sure about that.

Yeah I agree, although the contract isn't bad for a decent QB especially considering there's no guaranteed money left (if what I read is accurate)

Edited by soxfan49

56 minutes ago, bmags said:

I wish NFl would make it easy on us and call them the Oakland Raiders of Las Vegas (like UNLV) and the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles

I still call them the San Diego Chargers, it takes me 5-10 years to adjust to new team city names.

Wow - I heard someone hint that the Bears could already be getting Carr.  Apparently there is a lot of pent up moves while the league waits for the potential finalization of the CBA (I hope they reach an agreement this early...would be great to know there won't be any near term stoppages).  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Wow - I heard someone hint that the Bears could already be getting Carr.  Apparently there is a lot of pent up moves while the league waits for the potential finalization of the CBA (I hope they reach an agreement this early...would be great to know there won't be any near term stoppages).  

The owners already ratified it. I don't think it will be that easy for the players to ratify. Already a number of players that have opposed it.