NFL Thread 2019-2020

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Pace is really signing up all the guys whose glory days were in 2015. Quinn was good last year but he was washed up for about the previous 4.

Quinn is miles better. Hell, his season last year was better than Floyd's entire tenure here. 

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Unclear to me why the bears are targeting the worst of the available QBs.

Cuz Pace.  He has no idea how to value players.

$30 million guaranteed to Robert Quinn and $9 million guaranteed to Jimmy Graham but he passes on good QB talent.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I kinda want the Bears to get Winston only for selfish reasons (the drinking games with friends between TDs and INTs he throws would be legendary).

His off the field stuff just ruins all of it.

I chuckle everytime I think of the hard knocks where jason licht is telling someone that winston was the greatest leader he's ever seen. Someone followed up "in football?" and he says "anywhere!"

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I kinda want the Bears to get Winston only for selfish reasons (the drinking games with friends between TDs and INTs he throws would be legendary).

Look at this shit, on top of his 30 interceptions he had 21(!!!!!) -DROPPED- interceptions

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Sure, but if you are immediately trying to extend Newton, why even bring Trubisky back?

Because his contract this year is fully guaranteed and cutting him frees up $0.

You could also do something with Newton's deal like making it a $10 m contract this year with a big roster bonus next spring, where it is clear that if he's good enough the contract will be torn up, and if he's not good enough they would cut him before the roster bonus making him a free agent. 

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Look at this shit, on top of his 30 interceptions he had 21(!!!!!) -DROPPED- interceptions

Some of those are not really dropped interceptions, they barely had any chance.  But there are still plenty in there that are straight drops.