NFL Thread 2019-2020

56 minutes ago, bmags said:

most of the bears mocks I've seen have two round 2 trade backs. Big must for me tomorrow. Take advantage of depth in CB/WR and get more picks to tackle line/edge/safety/te

I would love trade backs and a draft where we got 2 wideouts and a TE that were rated high plus a CB. But honestly, I'm entirely focused on the skill positions on offense and I'd probably try to be aggressive on the veteran front to get a CB.  The team has major depth needs at corner. IF Fuller were to go down...oh my. 

2 hours ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Would've been great if we held onto that 4th pick and just signed Dalton but...hindsight.

I'm no NFL GM, but I don't mind giving up a 4th round pick for a QB has won in the playoffs and is 31. Just hope he can be healthy.

2 hours ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Would've been great if we held onto that 4th pick and just signed Dalton but...hindsight.

He has worse WR's, better OL and better RB than Trubisky had last year yet wasn't much better. It's apparent no one was willing to give up anything for him. I can't imagine he's much of an upgrade.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jack Parkman said:

If Gronk costs a 4th, would you trade a 5th for OJ Howard? 

IMO Pace should be on the phone with Tampa's GM immediately. 

It's becoming pretty obvious that OJ Howard isn't very good.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

The national perspective is that the Bears are awful. Power rankings range from 23rd to 29th at worst, with the average being 25th. 

It's always interesting to get a national perspective on the teams I like. 

With a defense like that it's hard to see them being one of the 9 worst teams in the NFL. As much as I want to see them win a Super Bowl and not waste another great D, I just don't think the offense is close to good enough, so if the 9th picks gets them Fields, Lance or Newman, so be it

58 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

With a defense like that it's hard to see them being one of the 9 worst teams in the NFL. As much as I want to see them win a Super Bowl and not waste another great D, I just don't think the offense is close to good enough, so if the 9th picks gets them Fields, Lance or Newman, so be it

If there offense is good - They are a top 6 team in the NFL; If there offense is okay - They are a top 15 team in the NFL.  If their offense played like last year - They are probably a top 20 team.  Only way I see them in the bottom 10 is if they have significant injuries to their defense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

If there offense is good - They are a top 6 team in the NFL; If there offense is okay - They are a top 15 team in the NFL.  If their offense played like last year - They are probably a top 20 team.  Only way I see them in the bottom 10 is if they have significant injuries to their defense.  

I agree. If someone is saying they are the 29th for power ranking they are a Packer fan looking to create controversy.

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

100% agree

13 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

The national perspective is that the Bears are awful. Power rankings range from 23rd to 29th at worst, with the average being 25th. 

It's always interesting to get a national perspective on the teams I like. 

Vegas has them at 8.5 wins, so I believe you are exaggerating.

I was listening to Rosenbloom today and JJ Stankevitz was on saying that Pace is going to get another QB........I don't like that. The team is cap fucked anyway in the next couple years and they're going to lose a lot of guys soon. Pace bet everything on Mitch...and lost. Time to go. 

Then again, I'm the VP of the Fire Pace club.....so.......maybe I'm biased. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

So, how does everyone feel about them declining the 5th year option on Trubisky?

It seems like they don’t want to pay that price tag and want Trubisky to prove it this year. If he performs well and Foles flounders, maybe they renegotiate a new deal with Trubisky.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

So, how does everyone feel about them declining the 5th year option on Trubisky?

It seems like they don’t want to pay that price tag and want Trubisky to prove it this year. If he performs well and Foles flounders, maybe they renegotiate a new deal with Trubisky.

I think it’s throwing in the towel on him and Foles is clearly their likely starter if a season happens. That 5th year is not guaranteed against him being bad, they could still cut him for that, it’s only an injury guarantee. It would be a lot of money if he got hurt, but if you had any confidence in him being a starter this year you pick that up. 

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I think it’s throwing in the towel on him and Foles is clearly their likely starter if a season happens. That 5th year is not guaranteed against him being bad, they could still cut him for that, it’s only an injury guarantee. It would be a lot of money if he got hurt, but if you had any confidence in him being a starter this year you pick that up. 

They also have protection the other way. The franchise tag, if he suddenly becomes worth the money, is only about $2 million more than this option. 

Kyle Long said it once he was acquired, Foles is the starter. Mitch is only going to play if Foles gets hurt or sucks.

57 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They also have protection the other way. The franchise tag, if he suddenly becomes worth the money, is only about $2 million more than this option. 

Kyle Long said it once he was acquired, Foles is the starter. Mitch is only going to play if Foles gets hurt or sucks.

I still think they will give Trubiskey every chance to be the QB. He starts the season but has a short leash.