NFL Thread 2019-2020

• 2 weeks later...

Was there anyone as happy as me to watch Tom Brady suck at golf on Sunday? He did have a few nice shots. One great one. But for the most part, he looked like a guy who would have a tough time breaking 100. That and splitting his pants was pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Does anyone find it interesting that Mitch is spending a lot of time practicing with Robinson and some other unknown bears. Obviously they have existing relationships but was glad to see this as I think it shows a positive response by Mitch. I would love it if he took two steps forward this year and became a franchise qb and the bears long time QB. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Btw I'm beyond surprised that Jadeveon Clowney is still unsigned. 

Its hard - teams spend their cap space right out of the gate and he waited. Now you have such few suitors. He'll eventually sign with the Browns (probably a 1yr deal) but his options are so limited.  Clowney is pretty good - but he's also been injured a ton, so you can see why teams would be pretty hesitant. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Its hard - teams spend their cap space right out of the gate and he waited. Now you have such few suitors. He'll eventually sign with the Browns (probably a 1yr deal) but his options are so limited.  Clowney is pretty good - but he's also been injured a ton, so you can see why teams would be pretty hesitant. 

I'd have rather given him the deal that Quinn got. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah - But Clowney wasn't taking that deal (a few months ago).  He has turned down $20M/yr or something along those lines (with a ton of guaranteed from the Browns).  Of course now the Browns have went to full low ball mode which was 1yr/15M.  

On 6/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Quinn has been better in all of the main categories than Clowney over the last few years.

No one could've predicted that Clowney was going to still be available. He wanted too much right off of the bat and like someone else said, he likely signs with the Browns (or Titans or Seahawks) and tries his hand again next offseason.

He's a big name, no doubt, and his splash plays are insane, but consistently speaking Quinn is the better player.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, soxfan49 said:

Quinn has been better in all of the main categories than Clowney over the last few years.

No one could've predicted that Clowney was going to still be available. He wanted too much right off of the bat and like someone else said, he likely signs with the Browns (or Titans or Seahawks) and tries his hand again next offseason.

He's a big name, no doubt, and his splash plays are insane, but consistently speaking Quinn is the better player.

It's more about 27 vs 30. Age matters in the NFL. Clowney is likely to be productive for a longer period of time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's more about 27 vs 30. Age matters in the NFL. Clowney is likely to be productive for a longer period of time. 

Well of course but Quinn's deal is essentially 2 years. I'd rather have Quinn for 2 years at $15/year than Clowney for 2 years at $20/year like he originally wanted.

Edited by soxfan49

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

seems more like exerting tremendous pressure rather than a negotiation right now 

I guess that's more what I meant. I wonder how they will determine the new name? Fan vote?

50 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I guess that's more what I meant. I wonder how they will determine the new name? Fan vote?

I have to imagine at some point In the past decade they have Internally pitched a few different logos that they have ready to go.  Should be interesting to see how this goes, and how it starts to affect similar teams like the Indians, Chiefs and college teams like FSU 

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have to imagine at some point In the past decade they have Internally pitched a few different logos that they have ready to go.  Should be interesting to see how this goes, and how it starts to affect similar teams like the Indians, Chiefs and college teams like FSU 

The Washington Football Franchise name should have been gone a long time ago and it says a lot that it hasn't been changed.

FSU is interesting because they actually maintain a relationship with the tribe.

Places that Use the Indians...eventually they're going to change because it's just wierd. Unlike the Washington Football Franchise I'll write the name, but do it with some other group and it just becomes odd. "The Seattle Asians" may not be straight up racist but really, no one would be comfortable with that. The Boston Caucasians? 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The Washington Football Franchise name should have been gone a long time ago and it says a lot that it hasn't been changed.

FSU is interesting because they actually maintain a relationship with the tribe.

Places that Use the Indians...eventually they're going to change because it's just wierd. Unlike the Washington Football Franchise I'll write the name, but do it with some other group and it just becomes odd. "The Seattle Asians" may not be straight up racist but really, no one would be comfortable with that. The Boston Caucasians? 

I know the Blackhawks have a relationship with the tribe, too. They used to, and still may, perform at intermissions on occasion.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Come on dude, calling a team the “Indians” is completely different than calling a team the “Asians”.  Not saying it’s an acceptable name or not, but you’re completely ignoring all the context here.