NFL Thread 2019-2020

Did Clowney ever sign? I wonder if the Bears, now that Goldman opted out, consider just giving Clowney a 1yr deal (I think Goldman opting out creates a lot of cap flexibility).  If they don't do this, than Pace should be very opportunistic in how he can maximize extensions to take advantage of CY cap space.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

#Bears GM Ryan Pace said CB Tre Roberson suffered a broken foot training for the start of the season. Called it disappointing as they liked him. He was waived with a non-football injury on Tuesday.

This sucks - I was hoping he had a chance to be a solid CB; certainly impacts the clubs DB depth and puts more pressure on Jaylon.  

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Unverified rumors that Montgomery might have had a pretty serious knee injury during practice today.  If true would hurt a ton as he had supposedly looked really good this training camp (better shape, faster, etc).  

Unfortunately confirmed - he was carted off the field with a non-contact injury. Very rarely is that anything other than very serious and potentially season ending.  Hope the Bears and Montgomery get good news. They had very little to any depth at RB (at least in terms of someone who can carry the load - so this lost is pretty costly even if there ground game was mediocre to bad last year).  And they don't have a QB who can just throw the rock 50 times (where you could leverage Cohen on a lot of just quick pass plays, etc).  

8 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

This is interesting as he has a son that is half black. Like, he of all people should be aware enough and protective of his child.

I think it was Rashied Davis but someone said Urlacher agreed to speak with a few former teammates. Oh to be a fly on that wall

1 hour ago, nitetrain8601 said:

This is interesting as he has a son that is half black. Like, he of all people should be aware enough and protective of his child.

I don't think he has a very good relationship with his son or the baby momma actually. 

I'm pretty sure the reason why Robinson isn't signing is because he's leaving despite his words. In a contract year everyone "wants to stay" publicly. Who could blame him? The Bears QBs suck. He's going to sign with a team that has a QB that can actually play.

I wouldn't put this on Pace(even though I think he should have been whacked by now) as I'm pretty confident that if Robinson truly wanted to be here the deal would have been finished by now. Bummer, but that's what you get for perpetual failure at the QB position. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller walks too when his deal is up should he have as good of a season as I expect. It's going to suck when they draft another QB and he has nobody to throw to. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why Robinson isn't signing is because he's leaving despite his words. In a contract year everyone "wants to stay" publicly. Who could blame him? The Bears QBs suck. He's going to sign with a team that has a QB that can actually play.

I wouldn't put this on Pace(even though I think he should have been whacked by now) as I'm pretty confident that if Robinson truly wanted to be here the deal would have been finished by now. Bummer, but that's what you get for perpetual failure at the QB position. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller walks too when his deal is up should he have as good of a season as I expect. It's going to suck when they draft another QB and he has nobody to throw to. 

You know they are about to announce he has signed an extension - or at least that is the widely ranging view. I could be wrong - but I'll just assume your post will be followed with a press conference where Pace announces the extension.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

You know they are about to announce he has signed an extension - or at least that is the widely ranging view. I could be wrong - but I'll just assume your post will be followed with a press conference where Pace announces the extension.  

No I had no idea there were rumors about that. 

Last I heard was crickets on that front. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

He's going to sign for money regardless of the QB. f the Bears offer him the money, he'll stay. If they don't he'll go to the highest contract. It's football. You go to make the money as there is a good chance an injury will end/shorten your career.

15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's going to sign for money regardless of the QB. f the Bears offer him the money, he'll stay. If they don't he'll go to the highest contract. It's football. You go to make the money as there is a good chance an injury will end/shorten your career.

If the money is similar, why not do both?