NFL Thread 2019-2020

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Could've had Watson at 3 and then instead of Shaheen someone like, oh IDK, Kamara for instance?

It's just inexcusable. I don't blame them on Mahomes. Nobody thought he would be this good. But passing on Deshaun Watson?! It's mind boggling.

Just now, Tony said:

And all the reports say Pace went rogue on the pick, didn’t listen to his scouts, was all-in on Mitch by himself. 

If true he needs to be terminated. Scouts are paid for a reason. Either listen to the people paid to judge talent or not. NONE of the 3 QBs were projected to go top 3. NONE. Mahome, in some lists was even considered a lower 1st, which is just insane. This is the stupidity of judging a kid ONLY BECAUSE of the system he played. Texas Tech made a lot of average QBs put up a ton of yards, but NONE could throw the ball like Mahomes. An objective viewing of Mahomes talent would have told them that. 

In the end, it's over. The Bears have what they have.

And as the Bears losses continue to pile up, that pick goes higher and higher. Right into the hands of John gruden. 

36 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Bears really are terrible drafting guys from small schools. 

Cohen was a decent pick

49 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Who is defending him?

There are quite a few people out there still. Last week at the game someone yelled "bench Trubisky" and a fan in front of me responded "oh sit down! give him more time in the offense!" Plus go look at twitter. "Oh it's a bad team!" No it isn't. WR's are good. Montgomery is good. Defense is good. The QB is just horrendous

Edited by soxfan49

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Cohen was a decent pick

There are quite a few people out there still. Last week at the game someone yelled "bench Trubisky" and a fan in front of me responded "oh sit down! give him more time in the offense!" Plus go look at twitter. "Oh it's a bad team!" No it isn't. WR's are good. Montgomery is good. Defense is good. The QB is just horrendous

I actually agree with this. The skill positions and defense are good, but the the QB, offensive line, and coaching suck ass. 

Arkush is on the radio saying that Pace and Nagy will be back but I think that's a mistake. 

Pace deserves to go down in flames with Trubisky, and Nagy can go with them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Fitting end, fire all the coaches after the year

I'm always on the side that the players should get most of the blame or praise but in this case, I agree. The team just never looks ready at the beginning of the game and always fall apart at the end.

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I actually agree with this. The skill positions and defense are good, but the the QB, offensive line, and coaching suck ass. 

Arkush is on the radio saying that Pace and Nagy will be back but I think that's a mistake. 

Pace deserves to go down in flames with Trubisky, and Nagy can go with them. 

Yeah, OL hasn't been good but when they were last week, Trubisky still stunk. I'd fire Pace and give Nagy one last shot with a QB he likes

25 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, OL hasn't been good but when they were last week, Trubisky still stunk. I'd fire Pace and give Nagy one last shot with a QB he likes

Why would you saddle a new GM with Nagy? I'm of the opinion that if you fire your GM the coach goes with him. If there is a lame duck coach, the GM job becomes less attractive to good candidates. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Why would you saddle a new GM with Nagy? I'm of the opinion that if you fire your GM the coach goes with him. If there is a lame duck coach, the GM job becomes less attractive to good candidates. 

Me and bmags had an argument about this and that's clearly false. Look at GB, Indy or the Rams. They hired GM's with a coach in place and let them eventually hire their guy. No one is turning down the GM position of the Chicago Bears because they have to deal with a coach for 12 months. They'll take the 3x-4x raise and buy a mansion in Vernon Hills with the thought of being the guy who ended this insane drought, and hey, if Nagy turns it all around, that's one less major decision said-GM has to make.

Edited by soxfan49