So fucking happy Mitch has strung together some good games. Didn't like that pick he threw (not sure if that was to Miller or if he just overthrew Wims who was cutting under).  Still, decision making and speed of getting ball out was quicker...but damn, the use of his legs was huge as well.  Let's keep stringing together progress Mitch!  If Mitch and the offense can do that...than no matter how much of a bummer this season will be (if they do in fact mist the playoffs and I think they still have only like a 5% chance to make it), the arrow on this franchise will still be exciting.  

Huge final 3 games of the season for Mitch to build on things. One week at a time!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pectoral muscle. No word yet on how long he'll be out. Hopefully it isn't torn.

Given how quick he was ruled out, I feared it must be torn.  Was glad Wimms injury must not be as bad as it originally looked.  

Mitch is playing better, but he's still good for one "wtf??" INT per game. I can't say he played well vs the Giants throwing 2 INT in that game. 

I have no idea if he's turned a corner or it's a hot streak. And I don't think we can get an answer this year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Nagy just said it doesn't look good for Roquan Smith. My opinion, he likely tore his pectoral muscle. 

23 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Nagy just said it doesn't look good for Roquan Smith. My opinion, he likely tore his pectoral muscle. 

Some reports he is out for the year already.  Seems like torn.  

And since I've complained about Nagy all year, I will flat out say this was a really well called / executed game plan. Minimal penalties, so execution was nice, and most of the night I was kept off guard. We actually executed a few screens too.  Nice to see.  Hopefully Montgomery is okay.  Still waiting for a game or two where the D forces a ton of turnovers. Pass rush was significantly better today.  

• Like 1

What Trubisky has done the last few weeks is encouraging - under tremendous scrutiny and outside pressure, too. Moving him around, designed runs, throwing some deep passes (even a miss keeps the defense honest). A lot of the blame for this season has to go to Nagy's play calling. The mix of plays last night was great.

it would be nice if Nagy could design a play where Cohen caught the pass with his momentum going upfield rather than to the sidelines. It seems like half his receptions are two steps from the sideline, and he immediately runs or gets pushed out of bounds after he makes the catch.

Trubisky looks great, Bears better lock him up now.  5 year, 125 million with 75 million guaranteed should get it done.

9 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Looking like I may be right.

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My feelings about Mitch right now, summed up in a gif: 

question mark wtf GIF

I think this is the most positive post you've ever had.