NFL Thread 2019-2020

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Can we get a do-over on the 2017 draft?  Pretty please?  😭

Between Gronk being out, Kelce and Kittle...you have the three best tight end’s in football almost equally affecting the balance of power in the league.

Every team passed on Kittle at least four times.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

There has been a lot of bad football this weekend. Fumbles, interceptions muffed punts, dropped passes. It's made for exciting games but bad play.

The layoff and sitting out their starters in the final weekend really ended up catching up with the Ravens.

They were just completely out of sync from the very beginning.

The Chiefs started out in typical playoff fashion, then were awakened by questionable coaching decisions by O'Brien (FG instead of going for the knockout blow with 4th and inches at the KC 10 and up by 21-0, the play by Sorenson to stop the fake punt that quickly turned 24-0 to 24-14 and made it a real game, and quickly).

Tennessee and KC should be a really interesting match-up of two "hot" teams...not so sure about GB playing away from home against the Niners, at least the way SF looked in their game.    Then again, Garropolo has never really been tested in a playoff game, and he's going up against one of the best ever in Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yea he may not want to fly to Seattle for a while.. even though the defense was more to blame for the loss.

It's unfortunate we won't get the opportunity to watch a SEA-SF rematch.

Just have a feeling that the only way GB can win is at Lambeau...with snow/ice and frozen tundra.

Hopefully it turns out to be KC/SF...for entertainment's sake (not that we can't appreciate what Taneyhill, Vrabel and D.Henry are accomplishing.)

Don't see this happening with Vrabel having a week to game plan against Hill and Kelce.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-literally-run-out-of-fireworks-as-they-pile-up-points-235548542.html

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

C0572C0F-A5DD-4173-8431-A59E7C93828B.jpeg

I saw that in real time. I’m like why the hell is the Fox yellow marker almost a half yard off? He was definitely short of the Fox yellow line but the actual first down mark he was very close. If he was short it was by inches and certainly not enough evidence to overturn imo.

Would have made for an interesting call if it was 4th and inches. Go for the first down to end it or attempt the 53 yard field goal to go up by 8 or punt to pin the Seahawks down within the 10. I’d probably have gone for the first down To end it there.

1 hour ago, nickofypres said:

I don't know where ya'll live, but I always felt if you live in Chicago and root for the Packers that you're not a true Chicagoan. Might as well root for the Red Wings, Pistons and Twins while you're at it.

I am from Chicago, live in Chicago and am a lifelong Packers fan.  My grandparents were big Chicago Cardinals fans.  They hated the Bears/Cubs and were all about the Sox and Cardinals.  When the Cardinals left for St. Louis in 1960, my grandparents couldn't stomach rooting for them in another city but also still hated the Bears and couldn't root for them.  My grandfather swore off pro-football but my grandma ended up a Packers fan out of her hate for the Bears.  There was a hardcore subset of Cardinals fans that eventually just picked another team to follow.  So maybe the reasons are petty or stupid why she chose that team but growing up, I was close with my grandma and start watching games with her as a kid in the Don Majkowski days.  Been my team ever since.  If I am not a true Chicagoan because of that, then so be it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tkling36 said:

I am from Chicago, live in Chicago and am a lifelong Packers fan.  My grandparents were big Chicago Cardinals fans.  They hated the Bears/Cubs and were all about the Sox and Cardinals.  When the Cardinals left for St. Louis in 1960, my grandparents couldn't stomach rooting for them in another city but also still hated the Bears and couldn't root for them.  My grandfather swore off pro-football but my grandma ended up a Packers fan out of her hate for the Bears.  There was a hardcore subset of Cardinals fans that eventually just picked another team to follow.  So maybe the reasons are petty or stupid why she chose that team but growing up, I was close with my grandma and start watching games with her as a kid in the Don Majkowski days.  Been my team ever since.  If I am not a true Chicagoan because of that, then so be it.

I have a similar story.  My grandfather was a Cardinals fan, so my dad never had any ties to the Bears and starting liking the Packers in the 60's. 

I could care less if it makes me less of a "Chicagoan".

5 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I have a similar story.  My grandfather was a Cardinals fan, so my dad never had any ties to the Bears and starting liking the Packers in the 60's. 

I could care less if it makes me less of a "Chicagoan".

Yeah, not offended by it either.  Just always been annoyed my whole life how every one thinks I just randomly jumped on the Favre bandwagon.