NFL Thread 2019-2020

16 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Didn't deserve it imo

Still great that the chiefs dominated for like six whole minutes and easily won

Easily won? Sanders was wide open on the third and 10 that would have given the niners the lead back. I guess they “easily won” if you’re just looking at the final score.

After the second interception, was down to a 4-5% chance of winning at 538.

KC defense picked it up in the fourth, but that game wasn't managed well by Shanahan, either.  Ultimately, Mahomes vs. Jimmy G. was the biggest difference between the two teams, as who else could lead three huge comebacks from the brink like he did this last month?

11 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Shanahan blew this game IMO.  Got away from the running game.  Why?  I have no idea.  It was working.  He had Jimmy G throwing the ball when they needed to kill the clock with the lead.  Terrible coaching.

He called a play on that last drive that had Sanders five yards open for a big TD to take the lead late in the game and Jimmy G over threw it by 10 yards.

9 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

No way. Trubisky is no where near Mahomes and never will be. Watching these two teams play, I can see the Bears are not even close to this level.

Sarcasm might be something you look for on this website just sayin 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I feel like Richard Sherman had a rough night.  I know Sammy Watkins burned him a couple times. 

Man coverage is pretty tough against team speed like that.   Whoever let Hill go on third and 15 also has to be feeling pretty crappy today 

• Like 1

Both qb's didn't play great for the first three quarters and then Mahomes played well in the 4th and Jimmy G didn't.  Feel like that was the biggest difference in the game.  Although I thought the 49ers had a couple of drives that just didn't have any urgency.  The one before half time, the one after KC made it a one score game in the 4th and the drive after KC took the lead.  Success on one of those three drives wins the game.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bears should reach an extension with Floyd that pays him an ILB's salary, because he is an ILB miscast as an edge rusher IMO. I'd bet Floyd would be a Pro Bowl ILB, if not an All-Pro. If they paid him $9M AAV that would be high for an ILB and he'd be worth every penny in this fan's opinion. 

Then they don't have to worry about bringing back Kwiatkoski or Trevathan. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Bears should reach an extension with Floyd that pays him an ILB's salary, because he is an ILB miscast as an edge rusher IMO. I'd bet Floyd would be a Pro Bowl ILB, if not an All-Pro. If they paid him $9M AAV that would be high for an ILB and he'd be worth every penny in this fan's opinion. 

Then they don't have to worry about bringing back Kwiatkoski or Trevathan. 

It doesn't work like that.  Your agent works on getting you paid by the position you play.  Not how Jack Parkman thinks it should be done

• Like 1
  • Love 2