southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

4 hours ago, Tony said:

Is Pace just working in the year 2013?

They had a massive hole at TE, but Graham has proven he is a shell of the former player he was.  That said, there weren't a hole lot of options at TE. I certainly would have preferred Enron, who despite some drop issues, is young and athletic.  I guess the bright side, they can largely walk away from him in a year.  They also completely backloaded the Danny T deal, another example of where I don't like Pace (he consistently kicks the can down the road and I just think that is a flawed approach, with very rare exception...I.e, you have a great team you are trying to put across the top).  

I don't think I've ever seen Bill B and the Pats kick the can down the road though and I never get how so many franchises do it. Bill B builds a surplus / war chest so he can always be nimble without ever having to worry about kicking the can down the road.  

Jimmy Graham has been awful the past couple years.  He makes a nice catch here and there, but his legs are done. 

Really glad that Stefon Diggs is out of the NFC North and the NFC in general. 

• Like 1

Tom Brady announced via his Instagram that he won’t be back with the Patriots.

Chargers or Bucs I presume.

Pace is really signing up all the guys whose glory days were in 2015. Quinn was good last year but he was washed up for about the previous 4.

19 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Pace is really signing up all the guys whose glory days were in 2015. Quinn was good last year but he was washed up for about the previous 4.

He is doing his best to keep the Bears in NFL hell.

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Quinn is miles better. Hell, his season last year was better than Floyd's entire tenure here. 

Man that Hopkins-Johnson trade is so fucking terrible for the Texans.  I’m honestly not sure I can remember a dumber trade in my life.

• Like 1

Unclear to me why the bears are targeting the worst of the available QBs.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Cuz Pace.  He has no idea how to value players.

$30 million guaranteed to Robert Quinn and $9 million guaranteed to Jimmy Graham but he passes on good QB talent.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Bears

Worst QB

Yep checks out

I kinda want the Bears to get Winston only for selfish reasons (the drinking games with friends between TDs and INTs he throws would be legendary).

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I kinda want the Bears to get Winston only for selfish reasons (the drinking games with friends between TDs and INTs he throws would be legendary).

His off the field stuff just ruins all of it.

I chuckle everytime I think of the hard knocks where jason licht is telling someone that winston was the greatest leader he's ever seen. Someone followed up "in football?" and he says "anywhere!"

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Look at this shit, on top of his 30 interceptions he had 21(!!!!!) -DROPPED- interceptions

If I'm the Bears, I'm going after Jacoby Brisset. With this defense I just want someone who isn't gonna turn the ball over. He's also cheap and would allow you to invest more into the team. 

• Like 1