NFL Thread 2019-2020

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

lol he isn't backing up and you know it

meh, they absolutely went after a qb that would only be competition. I know I spoke well of foles in past, but that was in comparison to bridgewater. I think this is a garbage, flailing offseason.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

meh, they absolutely went after a qb that would only be competition. I know I spoke well of foles in past, but that was in comparison to bridgewater. I think this is a garbage, flailing offseason.

Nah, that contract is starter money.  Mitch is done, Foles knows this offense

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bmags said:

Bmags is spot on.  This is Pace trying to save his job by signing mediocre vets and attempting to luck into a 10 win season and a playoff appearance.  It’s so obvious it hurts.

42 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also, every bit of Foles success as a starter has come with in Andy Reid tree offenses. 

Elsewhere, he's sucked. Pace is betting on that. 

9 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Foles best season by far was under Chip Kelly

How much of the answer to both of those has been "Health"?

The Bears needed someone with a high football IQ, that will compete with Trubisky and push him for the job. Foles is that guy. He is also a more accurate thrower than Trubisky and knows when to throw the ball instead of giving up and taking a dumb sack. Foles got hurt in the first game of the season and in the first quarter. Give the guy a chance.

Edited by maloney.adam

4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Worked out great for the Broncos giving up a 4th round pick for a mediocre at best QB making a lot of money who had a couple hot streaks in his career. 

That's sadly better than anything we've ever had as a franchise. :lol: 

It's ridiculous to me that he can opt out of his deal if he has a good year and the Bears didn't get a draft pick in return though.

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That's sadly better than anything we've ever had as a franchise. :lol: 

It's ridiculous to me that he can opt out of his deal if he has a good year and the Bears didn't get a draft pick in return though.

Pretty awful trade.  Why did the Bears restructure his deal and make the trade even worse?

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Pretty awful trade.  Why did the Bears restructure his deal and make the trade even worse?

And EVERYONE KNEW the Jags were trying to get out of that contract. Not getting a draft pick back is just poor asset management. 

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

The Bears needed someone with a high football IQ, that will compete with Trubisky and push him for the job. Foles is that guy. He is also a more accurate thrower than Trubisky and knows when to throw the ball instead of giving up and taking a dumb sack. Foles got hurt in the first game of the season and in the first quarter. Give the guy a chance.

If someone is at a level that they are earnestly competing with Trubisky then you'd hope they are a 6th round pick from directional U that is making 500k, not making 20 mills.