Jump to content
southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

lol he isn't backing up and you know it

meh, they absolutely went after a qb that would only be competition. I know I spoke well of foles in past, but that was in comparison to bridgewater. I think this is a garbage, flailing offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

meh, they absolutely went after a qb that would only be competition. I know I spoke well of foles in past, but that was in comparison to bridgewater. I think this is a garbage, flailing offseason.

Nah, that contract is starter money.  Mitch is done, Foles knows this offense

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, that contract is starter money.  Mitch is done, Foles knows this offense

Oh he might start, but they didn't find themselves a starter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bmags said:

meh, they absolutely went after a qb that would only be competition. I know I spoke well of foles in past, but that was in comparison to bridgewater. I think this is a garbage, flailing offseason.

Bmags is spot on.  This is Pace trying to save his job by signing mediocre vets and attempting to luck into a 10 win season and a playoff appearance.  It’s so obvious it hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, that contract is starter money.  Mitch is done, Foles knows this offense

Also, every bit of Foles success as a starter has come with in Andy Reid tree offenses. 

Elsewhere, he's sucked. Pace is betting on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also, every bit of Foles success as a starter has come with in Andy Reid tree offenses. 

Elsewhere, he's sucked. Pace is betting on that. 

Foles best season by far was under Chip Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Also, every bit of Foles success as a starter has come with in Andy Reid tree offenses. 

Elsewhere, he's sucked. Pace is betting on that. 

 

9 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Foles best season by far was under Chip Kelly

How much of the answer to both of those has been "Health"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Foles best season by far was under Chip Kelly

That's true. I got confused and thought Reid was still in Philly. I stand corrected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears needed someone with a high football IQ, that will compete with Trubisky and push him for the job. Foles is that guy. He is also a more accurate thrower than Trubisky and knows when to throw the ball instead of giving up and taking a dumb sack. Foles got hurt in the first game of the season and in the first quarter. Give the guy a chance.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Dick Nick! At least Bears finally have a QB with Super Bowl (MVP) credentials. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Big Dick Nick! At least Bears finally have a QB with Super Bowl (MVP) credentials. 

Worked out great for the Broncos giving up a 4th round pick for a mediocre at best QB making a lot of money who had a couple hot streaks in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Worked out great for the Broncos giving up a 4th round pick for a mediocre at best QB making a lot of money who had a couple hot streaks in his career. 

That's sadly better than anything we've ever had as a franchise. :lol: 

It's ridiculous to me that he can opt out of his deal if he has a good year and the Bears didn't get a draft pick in return though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, that contract is starter money.  Mitch is done, Foles knows this offense

No way. competition imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That's sadly better than anything we've ever had as a franchise. :lol: 

It's ridiculous to me that he can opt out of his deal if he has a good year and the Bears didn't get a draft pick in return though.

Pretty awful trade.  Why did the Bears restructure his deal and make the trade even worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Pretty awful trade.  Why did the Bears restructure his deal and make the trade even worse?

this is what annoys me. no need to give up draft capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Pretty awful trade.  Why did the Bears restructure his deal and make the trade even worse?

And EVERYONE KNEW the Jags were trying to get out of that contract. Not getting a draft pick back is just poor asset management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

And EVERYONE KNEW the Jags were trying to get out of that contract. Not getting a draft pick back is just poor asset management. 

Exactly.  Why are the Bears catering to a journeyman backup QB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

The Bears needed someone with a high football IQ, that will compete with Trubisky and push him for the job. Foles is that guy. He is also a more accurate thrower than Trubisky and knows when to throw the ball instead of giving up and taking a dumb sack. Foles got hurt in the first game of the season and in the first quarter. Give the guy a chance.

If someone is at a level that they are earnestly competing with Trubisky then you'd hope they are a 6th round pick from directional U that is making 500k, not making 20 mills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Pretty awful trade.  Why did the Bears restructure his deal and make the trade even worse?

Ryan Pace is very bad at his job

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Ryan Pace is very bad at his job

No, ya think????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×