southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

29 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Montgomery showed a lot when the line opened up holes for him. The problem is that wasn't often enough. Can't rack up yds rushing when you're getting hit in the backfield more than any RB in the NFL(IIRC) 

I still think they need another large running back since I don’t consider Cohen to be that guy. Nall isn’t that guy either. Maybe they’ll get one in the draft.

28 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I still think they need another large running back since I don’t consider Cohen to be that guy. Nall isn’t that guy either. Maybe they’ll get one in the draft.

Not exactly a lot of draft picks available for the Bears right now?

39 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Not exactly a lot of draft picks available for the Bears right now?

Nope. Which is why they need to draft the offensive line, cornerback or linebacker high. 

On 3/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Did Ebron sign yet? I still would have preferred him given the fact that he's young and still has upside (vs. Graham).

You are correct.  Ebron is only 26 and has upside.  Graham is washed up.  And I guess the answer is, Pace valued Graham at $9 million guaranteed over Ebron at $12 million, and that’s without knowing the guaranteed portion of Ebron’s deal.  Pace is awful.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

You are correct.  Ebron is only 26 and has upside.  Graham is washed up.  And I guess the answer is, Pace valued Graham at $9 million guaranteed over Ebron at $12 million, and that’s without knowing the guaranteed portion of Ebron’s deal.  Pace is awful.

Word is that Ebron wanted to go somewhere with an established, legit QB. He had zero interest in the Bears. 

50 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is horrific.  Ebron is better than Jimmy Graham and is going to be cheaper.  This was a HUGE miss on Pace's fault. Not that we should be shocked given his ability to evaluate the position.  

45 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Word is that Ebron wanted to go somewhere with an established, legit QB. He had zero interest in the Bears. 

He had said on multiple occasions he wanted to play with Mitch (I think they knew each other from college).  

Ebron has stone hands, this doesn't bother me at all.  He had one good season, despite Stafford and Luck being his qbs for all but one season.  I'm not the biggest fan of an old Graham but you all acting like we missed out on a great TE are making me laugh.  

I'd rather them draft a TE anyways although I'd prefer that person not to be Pace and his scouts doing it. 

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I'd rather them draft a TE anyways although I'd prefer that person not to be Pace and his scouts doing it. 

Agreed, but Pace will have a say and we will wind up with another Baby Gronk.

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Ebron has stone hands, this doesn't bother me at all.  He had one good season, despite Stafford and Luck being his qbs for all but one season.  I'm not the biggest fan of an old Graham but you all acting like we missed out on a great TE are making me laugh.  

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eric-ebron-signing-raises-even-180853417.html

Wanted to say I really appreciated that NFL kept FA period on time. It was very nice to have a break and argue about normal stuff like bears sucking.

Colts released Pierre Desir for some reason. Wonder if they are bringing in a new CB - Desir was pretty decent so an odd move.

7 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cool!  Glad that "this doesn't sit well with Bears twitter fans" makes a story now 

still don't care

Or members of the sports media.  It was a bad signing in comparison.  Pace is bad at his job.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Or members of the sports media.  It was a bad signing in comparison.  Pace is bad at his job.

We know you feel that way

• Like 1

So uh, panthers are releasing Cam Newton today...

(i'd prefer risk/reward cam to foles).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

So uh, panthers are releasing Cam Newton today...

(i'd prefer risk/reward cam to foles).

Yep.  I wish Pace would have waited.

31 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep.  I wish Pace would have waited.

Wasn't it you that told me Newton was garbage and the bears should stay away?

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wasn't it you that told me Newton was garbage and the bears should stay away?

Don’t think so but I like him without the big one year contract had he been traded for.  I also like him more than Foles.

20 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don’t think so but I like him without the big one year contract had he been traded for.  I also like him more than Foles.

Nah give me Foles. Cam can be just as inconsistent of a passer as Mitch. 

33 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Nah give me Foles. Cam can be just as inconsistent of a passer as Mitch. 

😳