Jump to content
southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

#Bears GM Ryan Pace said CB Tre Roberson suffered a broken foot training for the start of the season. Called it disappointing as they liked him. He was waived with a non-football injury on Tuesday.

 

This sucks - I was hoping he had a chance to be a solid CB; certainly impacts the clubs DB depth and puts more pressure on Jaylon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So do the Bears get their cap space back from Goldman? That would be nice at least.

Yes - I saw something and didn't quite understand - it might be they get to push some of it into the next year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unverified rumors that Montgomery might have had a pretty serious knee injury during practice today.  If true would hurt a ton as he had supposedly looked really good this training camp (better shape, faster, etc).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Unverified rumors that Montgomery might have had a pretty serious knee injury during practice today.  If true would hurt a ton as he had supposedly looked really good this training camp (better shape, faster, etc).  

Unfortunately confirmed - he was carted off the field with a non-contact injury. Very rarely is that anything other than very serious and potentially season ending.  Hope the Bears and Montgomery get good news. They had very little to any depth at RB (at least in terms of someone who can carry the load - so this lost is pretty costly even if there ground game was mediocre to bad last year).  And they don't have a QB who can just throw the rock 50 times (where you could leverage Cohen on a lot of just quick pass plays, etc).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a groin injury - hopefully not as severe as originally reported. Sounds like it wasn't quite a non-contact injury in the sense that he slipped on the field (vs. just had something give).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 4:53 PM, soxfan49 said:

So fuck Brian Urlacher, yeah?

This is interesting as he has a son that is half black. Like, he of all people should be aware enough and protective of his child.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

This is interesting as he has a son that is half black. Like, he of all people should be aware enough and protective of his child.

I think it was Rashied Davis but someone said Urlacher agreed to speak with a few former teammates. Oh to be a fly on that wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nitetrain8601 said:

This is interesting as he has a son that is half black. Like, he of all people should be aware enough and protective of his child.

I don't think he has a very good relationship with his son or the baby momma actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure the reason why Robinson isn't signing is because he's leaving despite his words. In a contract year everyone "wants to stay" publicly. Who could blame him? The Bears QBs suck. He's going to sign with a team that has a QB that can actually play.

I wouldn't put this on Pace(even though I think he should have been whacked by now) as I'm pretty confident that if Robinson truly wanted to be here the deal would have been finished by now. Bummer, but that's what you get for perpetual failure at the QB position. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller walks too when his deal is up should he have as good of a season as I expect. It's going to suck when they draft another QB and he has nobody to throw to. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why Robinson isn't signing is because he's leaving despite his words. In a contract year everyone "wants to stay" publicly. Who could blame him? The Bears QBs suck. He's going to sign with a team that has a QB that can actually play.

I wouldn't put this on Pace(even though I think he should have been whacked by now) as I'm pretty confident that if Robinson truly wanted to be here the deal would have been finished by now. Bummer, but that's what you get for perpetual failure at the QB position. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller walks too when his deal is up should he have as good of a season as I expect. It's going to suck when they draft another QB and he has nobody to throw to. 

You know they are about to announce he has signed an extension - or at least that is the widely ranging view. I could be wrong - but I'll just assume your post will be followed with a press conference where Pace announces the extension.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

You know they are about to announce he has signed an extension - or at least that is the widely ranging view. I could be wrong - but I'll just assume your post will be followed with a press conference where Pace announces the extension.  

No I had no idea there were rumors about that. 

Last I heard was crickets on that front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm pretty sure the reason why Robinson isn't signing is because he's leaving despite his words. In a contract year everyone "wants to stay" publicly. Who could blame him? The Bears QBs suck. He's going to sign with a team that has a QB that can actually play.

I wouldn't put this on Pace(even though I think he should have been whacked by now) as I'm pretty confident that if Robinson truly wanted to be here the deal would have been finished by now. Bummer, but that's what you get for perpetual failure at the QB position. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller walks too when his deal is up should he have as good of a season as I expect. It's going to suck when they draft another QB and he has nobody to throw to. 

He's going to sign for money regardless of the QB. f the Bears offer him the money, he'll stay. If they don't he'll go to the highest contract. It's football. You go to make the money as there is a good chance an injury will end/shorten your career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's going to sign for money regardless of the QB. f the Bears offer him the money, he'll stay. If they don't he'll go to the highest contract. It's football. You go to make the money as there is a good chance an injury will end/shorten your career.

If the money is similar, why not do both? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If the money is similar, why not do both? 

If it's similar of course. Generally, one team out bids the other though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×