Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mitch overthrows guys constantly, (especially on seam routes down the middle of the field) and he has trouble hitting guys on the sidelines. He's overthrowing and underthrowing nearly every pass. He's just off. 

He is good to excellent everywhere in his accuracy charts but he's below average deep. Deep left, middle, right, doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lostfan said:

He is good to excellent everywhere in his accuracy charts but he's below average deep. Deep left, middle, right, doesn't matter.

What do you consider deep? I think he's pretty bad in intermediate routes too. He's bad past 10-12 yds IMO. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mitch overthrows guys constantly, (especially on seam routes down the middle of the field) and he has trouble hitting guys on the sidelines. He's overthrowing and underthrowing nearly every pass. He's just off. 

Look. They played a bad game. They had no rhythm, had tons of penalties, gave up a bunch of sacks, had dropped passes and literally had minimal field position most of the game.  All of those things combined with the fact that they had jumbled play calling and non-existent performances from literally anyone not named Robinson didn't help either (albeit Gabriel made a couple plays and Montgomery looked good...they just didn't use him).  Mitch is the QB and he is responsible but every time it looked like he got in a roll, they'd shoot themselves in the foot. It was just a flat out ugly performance with everything going against the Bears offensively (and those things all being self inflicted).  Like I said...they looked like a team with a TON of rust.  I remember back in 2003, Patriots lost 31-0 to the Bills.  Patriots went on to win the superbowl and the Bills ended up winning 6 games that season.    

Random Nit: I know the announcers and TV ref were adamant, but I did not believe Gabriels offensive pass interference on the 1st and 30 (that eventually became 1st and 40) was OPI. Yes, he touched the Packer...but I don't think it at all impacted the play (the Packer player wasn't getting it and that touch didn't give Gabriel extra leverage to make a catch).  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

What do you consider deep? I think he's pretty bad in intermediate routes too. He's bad past 10-12 yds IMO. 

 I would have to go look at the chart I saw (no idea where it is to find it again) but I would say about 15+

I think he's fine but the seam routes are where he struggles because he doesn't anticipate his WRs being open because he's turnover-averse.

Edited by lostfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

What do you consider deep? I think he's pretty bad in intermediate routes too. He's bad past 10-12 yds IMO. 

Are you just making random comments from last season?  OR did you see him miss a bunch of open guys this year?  Hell, most of his completions there were DB's all over the wideouts / close. I was not impressed (at all) with the Bears ability to create seperation. Robinson is a pro so he makes things work and doesn't need much seperation, but the rest of the wideouts don't have that benefit (especially given how small Gabriel is).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Look. They played a bad game. They had no rhythm, had tons of penalties, gave up a bunch of sacks, had dropped passes and literally had minimal field position most of the game.  All of those things combined with the fact that they had jumbled play calling and non-existent performances from literally anyone not named Robinson didn't help either (albeit Gabriel made a couple plays and Montgomery looked good...they just didn't use him).  Mitch is the QB and he is responsible but every time it looked like he got in a roll, they'd shoot themselves in the foot. It was just a flat out ugly performance with everything going against the Bears offensively (and those things all being self inflicted).  Like I said...they looked like a team with a TON of rust.  I remember back in 2003, Patriots lost 31-0 to the Bills.  Patriots went on to win the superbowl and the Bills ended up winning 6 games that season.    

Random Nit: I know the announcers and TV ref were adamant, but I did not believe Gabriels offensive pass interference on the 1st and 30 (that eventually became 1st and 40) was OPI. Yes, he touched the Packer...but I don't think it at all impacted the play (the Packer player wasn't getting it and that touch didn't give Gabriel extra leverage to make a catch).  

I didnt think that was OPI either. The amount of holding on Mack and DOG the Packers got away with was beyond ludicrous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lostfan said:

 I would have to go look at the chart I saw (no idea where it is to find it again) but I would say about 15+

I would expect him to get better on those balls this season. Game and offense should slow down and his feet should be more accurate. I actually thought he had more good throws than Rodgers did tonight. Didn't take much since there were almost zero good offensive plays in the total game.  And no, I'm not going to let the first game of the season impact my full year conclusion.  

I'd also say, the reason I don't think the Bears match up well vs. the Packers is Rodgers doesn't turn the ball over. He literally doesn't and I think if they played another QB, with the pressure the Bears had, you would have seen a few turnovers. Rodgers is just absurd in his ability to not throw picks (although you can strip him).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Are you just making random comments from last season?  OR did you see him miss a bunch of open guys this year?  Hell, most of his completions there were DB's all over the wideouts / close. I was not impressed (at all) with the Bears ability to create seperation. Robinson is a pro so he makes things work and doesn't need much seperation, but the rest of the wideouts don't have that benefit (especially given how small Gabriel is).  

I saw him miss guys tonight. I can't stand Gabriel and I think he should have been cut. He's too expensive for what he brings. You have to be a tick below Usain Bolt at his size to create separation in the NFL. He's so small that he has to be wide open to actually be open. 

Even if Trubisky gets better later this year, this game will be a ton of the narrative because it's at home against Green Bay. 

I'm not entirely ready to  commit Bears seppuku after calming down a bit, but another game or two with an offensive performance like this and I will be. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the problems the Bears had tonight are fixable but not gonna lie, it was discouraging seeing Trubisky doing things he was supposed to have developed beyond by this point. I ignored his rookie season entirely, and I gave him a pass for his inability to progress on his reads until later in the season, but at this point he shouldn't be having those issues anymore. I don't think Trubisky even looked in Anthony Miller's general direction the entire game - that wasn't on Nagy either

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chicago White Sox

Listen, Mitch looked like ass tonight. Yes, it's only one game. This is going to stick with him a long time because its vs GB at home in primetime. He could get better, and Nagy did him no favors. I was pissed because I expected more. That's all. This game feels a lot like the 2007 opener vs. The Chargers. Just a huge, massive disappointment. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lostfan said:

Most of the problems the Bears had tonight are fixable but not gonna lie, it was discouraging seeing Trubisky doing things he was supposed to have developed beyond by this point. I ignored his rookie season entirely, and I gave him a pass for his inability to progress on his reads until later in the season, but at this point he shouldn't be having those issues anymore. I don't think Trubisky even looked in Anthony Miller's general direction the entire game - that wasn't on Nagy either

Not throwing to Miller is a huge mistake. He's good. So is Robinson. Maybe they should give Wims Gabriel's spot if Mitch likes bigger receivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Most of the problems the Bears had tonight are fixable but not gonna lie, it was discouraging seeing Trubisky doing things he was supposed to have developed beyond by this point. I ignored his rookie season entirely, and I gave him a pass for his inability to progress on his reads until later in the season, but at this point he shouldn't be having those issues anymore. I don't think Trubisky even looked in Anthony Miller's general direction the entire game - that wasn't on Nagy either

I just want to point out, everyone things Miller kicks ass.  He isn't a proven superstar or something and he missed a ton of practice time this off-season and you've heard a lot from coaches (last year and even this off-season) how he is not consistent in his breaks, etc.  Dude has talent, so I am not saying he's a bum, but people talk about Miller like he's a proven 1000 yard receiver.  

Fuck it...I'll throw out my prediction. 30+ TDs for Mitch this year.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mitch overthrows guys constantly, (especially on seam routes down the middle of the field) and he has trouble hitting guys on the sidelines. He's overthrowing and underthrowing nearly every pass. He's just off. 

That's what happens when the coach doesnt play them in the preseason. The first couple of games will be real speed practice and that's exactly what this game showed, for both teams.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's what happens when the coach doesnt play them in the preseason. The first couple of games will be real speed practice and that's exactly what this game showed, for both teams.

Nagy caught a lot of shit for that last year but the criticism died down because he kept winning games. This time it was glaring, and really hard to argue that was a good call.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

For the record, I wanted Watson and Watson is much better than Mitch as well imo. 

 

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

For the record, I wanted Watson as well. I didn't think that a QB would go top 5 that year.

Quite a few of us did.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

 

Quite a few of us did.

 

At the very least I (like a lot of others) thought it was completely baffling that Pace gave up so much draft capital to move up one space, when he literally could not get that pick wrong. Someone trades ahead of you to get Trubisky you take Watson (everyone's revisionist about Mahomes, people weren't calling him a top 5 pick) and if the other team takes Watson you end up with Trubisky. I know this has been discussed to death but still.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

 

Quite a few of us did.

 

What I wanted them to do was trade down with the Browns, who were rumored to want Trubisky, let them be the idiots and take Watson at 12. Watson ended up going at 12. I thought Mahomes was going to be available at the Bears pick in the 2nd round. I was beyond shocked he went top 10. 

That being said, I look like an idiot for saying that that QB class was awful, because Watson and Mahomes are awesome. I didn't think any were going to be that good. The one I had the most conviction about being bad was Trubisky. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I couldn't control myself on the site, but how about this: I won't post in this thread until after the bye week. You down? I'm not doing a football related ban bet on a baseball board until baseball season is over. And it would have to be lifted when the Sox make their first moderate level move this offseason. 

I have too much PTSD with QBs to ever think that they will find one that doesn't completely suck. Cutler sucked. I'm not sure Trubisky is even as good as Cutler. 

Alright, the ban bet will only be for the NFL thread.  So depending on the outcome of next week’s game vs the Broncos, one of us will not be able to post in this thread from 9/16 until 10/14.  It has been agreed upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This. And it is one game. One game. This thread is absurd.  There are a lot of fingers on offense and they need to clean this up. Looked like a unit totally unprepared. 

When they got momentum, penalties or drops would immediately shoot them in the foot. No rhythm to the play calling either and I totally didn’t get the use of all the running backs. 

They will get better (and this is coming from the guy who a couple days ago specifically said I had major questions about the offense). I also didn’t see a ton of explosiveness from the wideouts or others. Didn’t see a bunch of wide open guys all over the field who Mitch was missing. 

One game. Period. Move on. 

Awesome post.  We literally had a poster call a 2018 Pro Bowl QB “Henry Burris” last night, which reflects the irrational negativity & ridiculous exaggerations this board has come to love.  The hot takes were out in full force last night and unfortunately with Bears fans even the smartest ones can’t contain their inner meatball at times (especially when the Packers are involved).

Regardless, I’m highly confident Nagy will take the next 10 days to get this unit prepared and that the offense will look an entirely different animal vs Denver.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome post.  We literally had a poster call a 2018 Pro Bowl QB “Henry Burris” last night, which reflects the irrational negativity & ridiculous exaggerations this board has come to love.  The hot takes were out in full force last night and unfortunately with Bears fans even the smartest ones can’t contain their inner meatball at times (especially when the Packers are involved).

Regardless, I’m highly confident Nagy will take the next 10 days to get this unit prepared and that the offense will look an entirely different animal vs Denver.

Obviously, that was hyperbole because he looked so awful.  However, I just don’t think Trubisky is any good.  Is it okay to disagree with you?

He’s a QB who is great at scrambling to avoid contact and running for first downs but he isn’t good at throwing the ball with any consistent accuracy which is not a recipe for success in today’s NFL.  He has no awareness as a pocket passer and he keys in on his first read far too often and attempts to force the ball in.  Trubisky missed multiple wide open receivers last night because he either never saw them or never looked their way.  The guy should have finished with 3 interceptions last night.

He will ultimately be what holds this ridiculous defense and team back.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×