Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Kingsbury is chicken shit. Where's Herm Edwards when you need  him?? Ties are gross. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That Cards DB could've gave the Cards the win and drops the easy INT. 

It was either a pick 6 or an easy FG. that was awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Really...you're unveiling a championship banner and you go with House of Pain's Jump Around as the soundtrack? 

Haha, the Gronk intro was hilarious as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Update the thread title.  It’s the Patriots’ year...  again.  🙄

Yeah idk if they're going to lose until Brady retires. (Obviously hyperbole but only partially so) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mayfield looked worse than Trubisky today. 

I watched quite a few football games. I saw a lot of pretty sloppy play in general. Goff and Cam Newton both played pretty sloppy in the Rams/Panthers game.  In general, Trubisky could suck this year and take a step back...he could also take 2 steps forward. The statistical significance of Thursday's game on either of those outcomes is relatively small (imo).  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Mayfield looked worse than Trubisky today. 

As the above post said, a LOT of QBs were terrible Week 1. Makes the Trubisky hot takes more amusing 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an ongoing sports chat open at work through our communicator, and I had taken Friday off so I am just coming back to read everything.  Pretty funny that the last thing we all discussed was "AB apologized to the team and is planning to play Sunday" 😆 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For how much crap the Browns talked about how good they were going to be this off season, they sure did get their ass beat yesterday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of interesting teams in the NFL this year but boy is it hard to imagine any of them beating the pats.

Though man, I was watching the ravens yesterday and thinking about how much I admire the Ravens org. Truly a group of football guys that are just dedicated to both finding guys that fit their scheme while at the same time being capable of finding schemes to fit their players.

Harbaugh had a couple years where he made some poor OC choices and was probably just stuck in flacco-ville. Lamar Jackson seems to have reinvigorated him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson going to the tent after that TD. That's gonna be the one thing with him that will derail him. Dude is glass. Two surgically repaired knees already. He's better than Mitch but I don't think his career will be nearly as long as the other two QB's and I say this as a guy who advocated for him in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Watson going to the tent after that TD. That's gonna be the one thing with him that will derail him. Dude is glass. Two surgically repaired knees already. He's better than Mitch but I don't think his career will be nearly as long as the other two QB's and I say this as a guy who advocated for him in the draft. 

The Texans front office didn’t do him any favors.  You need to coordinate drafting your franchise QB with having at least an average OL.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deshaun. Watson. 

Incredible. 

And the Saints player cost them the game after the kicker missed an EP with the roughing the kicker penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! then Brees drives them down field and Lutz (my fantasy kicker by the way lol) hits a 58 yarder to win it. What a game!

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn it. Wanted Houston to win. Not for any reason other than I want NFC teams to lose whom might compete with Bears for potential playoff spots haha. Going to be a tough run in the NFC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Damn it. Wanted Houston to win. Not for any reason other than I want NFC teams to lose whom might compete with Bears for potential playoff spots haha. Going to be a tough run in the NFC. 

Playoffs?  LOL.

The worst thing that could have happened to this team, did, last year and what was over achieve.  Wild Card at best this year, though a long shot.  Still most likely an 8-8 or 9-7 team this year. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen such weird reactions to people saying that a 12-4 team might make the playoffs again. They're consistent across the media too 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I've never seen such weird reactions to people saying that a 12-4 team might make the playoffs again. They're consistent across the media too 

I think it has more to do with the league.  There is a ton of turnover year to year with teams that make the playoffs.  I would think that teams with great defenses and bad QB play have harder time making the playoffs every year than a team with elite QB play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson looked great yesterday, If they can protect him, he is going to have a monster year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoSox05 said:

I think it has more to do with the league.  There is a ton of turnover year to year with teams that make the playoffs.  I would think that teams with great defenses and bad QB play have harder time making the playoffs every year than a team with elite QB play.

For sure, but they've had 1 week of bad QB play. It was the first time they've dealt with it over a full game since week 3 of last season. The overreactions are just getting to be a bit much. If the Bears stay healthy and finish 8-8, then the entire coaching staff deserves to be fired 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

For sure, but they've had 1 week of bad QB play. It was the first time they've dealt with it over a full game since week 3 of last season. The overreactions are just getting to be a bit much. If the Bears stay healthy and finish 8-8, then the entire coaching staff deserves to be fired 

Well if they finish 8-8, either they suffered a ton of injuries on defense or Trubisky continued to be awful and if that's the case the GM should be fired for trading up to get an average QB and not taking two great ones.

But yeah, it's week 1, people always freak out after week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×