Jump to content
southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

Recommended Posts

I woudl really like to see nagy add some of the eagles run concepts, and ravens run concepts honestly. Trubisky ain't lamar jackson but he's pretty fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I would see a Rodgers GB home game where they got within the 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and didn't score 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Never thought I would see a Rodgers GB home game where they got within the 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and didn't score 

It's probably never happened

 

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

He’s a very good running back. Glad to see him having an awesome game!!! 

I'm not sure about "very good." He got worse every year here. Brian Baldinger tore him apart on his weekly breakdowns earlier this week. GB's run defense just sucks and it makes it even more infuriating that Nagy decided to run the ball 12 or whatever times week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Never thought I would see a Rodgers GB home game where they got within the 10 yard line twice in the 4th quarter and didn't score 

No kidding.  I can't believe they didn't even attempt one running play when on the 1 yard line.  I know Jones was ineffective last night, but to not even try once with Jones or sneak it in with Rodgers is nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smalls2598 said:

No kidding.  I can't believe they didn't even attempt one running play when on the 1 yard line.  I know Jones was ineffective last night, but to not even try once with Jones or sneak it in with Rodgers is nuts.

It kind of seemed like the third down where they faked the run and Rodgers rolled out and ended up throwing it way out of bounds was a run for Rodgers but the Eagles ran up at him and covered the hole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bmags said:

I woudl really like to see nagy add some of the eagles run concepts, and ravens run concepts honestly. Trubisky ain't lamar jackson but he's pretty fast.

It's amazing to me that Mitch hasn't ran out the pocket much this season. Dude was one of the top QBs in rush yards last season. Seems like ever since he took that dirty hit and injured his shoulder that he's been timid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

It's amazing to me that Mitch hasn't ran out the pocket much this season. Dude was one of the top QBs in rush yards last season. Seems like ever since he took that dirty hit and injured his shoulder that he's been timid.

Either he’s timid or the staff (probably rightly) decided not to risk it. But now it’s a question of how big of a risk it is if he’s not that good without his legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SoxAce said:

It's amazing to me that Mitch hasn't ran out the pocket much this season. Dude was one of the top QBs in rush yards last season. Seems like ever since he took that dirty hit and injured his shoulder that he's been timid.

No it's not that. They are playing him to contain and leaving a nickel near the LOS to force him to make reads downfield and make those throws. If he makes those then they'd back off but so far he hasn't (TD to Gabriel notwithstanding).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Wow.. now Roquan Smith is out. 

 

Personal reasons is not something I want to read 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Mahomes is just fun to watch

He was actually pretty mediocre this game, but did enough to get the dub.

Oh, and that looked like a separated shoulder for Trubisky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He was actually pretty mediocre this game, but did enough to get the dub.

Oh, and that looked like a separated shoulder for Trubisky. 

Or the old Nardi Special, a torn labrum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Or the old Nardi Special, a torn labrum 

I guess the good news is it was the non throwing shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×