southsider2k5

NFL Thread 2019-2020

Just now, Boogua said:

That Fangio defense though...

It’s obvious now that it’s more about the players than the coach.  Not that Pagano isn’t good but it’s all about the personnel.

Just now, SoxAce said:

I wonder how many Kaepernick to the Bears articles we'll see this week. ;)

None.  I think everyone realizes he will never play another NFL game, especially after his settlement with the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Long season to go, but I think you’re going to see some Mariotta to the Bears rumors in the offseason...

I think Pace will just get by with what they have and use their 2021 first rounder on another QB.

27 minutes ago, Tony said:

Doesn't change the fact you can absolutely insufferable for long stretches of time on this board, and it needs to change. 

Preach

• Like 1

Chase Daniel had a good game by any metric you can think to use, he stayed calm, made good throws to open receivers, took what the defense gave him, but honestly he did not do anything I didn't see Trubisky do last year, from October on - why hasn't Trubisky been doing it this year though? That's the million dollar question I guess.

Cousins: 27/36 (75%), 233 yd, 6.5 y/a, 0 TD 0 INT 91.6 QB rat

Daniel: 22/30 (73.3%), 195 yd, 6.5 y/a, 1 TD 0 INT 101.5 QB rat

Those stat lines are extremely similar but it's easy to tell from watching the game which QB was better. Cousins has always excelled at that kind of empty production, even in Washington, that's how he's been able to skate by with people thinking he's better than he actually is.

3 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Maybe, not like cousins had time to wait for anyone to get deep though

He had no chance against the Bears defense but he also has a 5-27 record against teams with winning records.

Would make sense given Nagy being so discreet about the "personal matter" and Roquan being on the sideline in the game.

11 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Briggs 2.0

Exactly what I thought of, both linebackers, crashed their expensive sports cars, and fled the scene because they were likely drunk.  This is a Ferrari.  Briggs crashed a Lamborghini, fled the scene, and then reported it stolen, but called back and changed his story.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

I'll take it with a grain of salt for now (Twitter is usually 50/50 with these things) but it's disappointing. He was on the sideline for the game today supposedly. 

It's stupid he was out at 11 pm the day before a game. Maybe it was stolen, but I doubt it or Nagy wouldn't have left the door open for a long term absence. Hopefully someone else was driving and he was just shaken up. Either way, get your ass to bed before 11 pm