Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Ok, I'll bite:

1. Did you think on draft day that there was any valid reason to trade up for Mitch Trubisky?

2. Have you seen anything in the intervening years to convince you that it was a good idea since then?

3. The bears traded away two 3rd round picks, & a 4th round pick, NOT a 5th rounder.

Before you say, "that's not much," I'll tell you that a 4th rounder probably could have secured Robbie Gould in trade last season. (And thus, he could have been kicking in the playoff game last season. )

1) Yes and Ian Rapoport confirmed it, who by the way knows more about this stuff in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

2) No, but that doesn't mean they gave up "that much for him."

3) What are you not understanding? They didn't give up a lot. They overpaid by a 5th round pick. It's proven. It's a fact. I know what they gave up but it wasn't egregious or anything.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, not sure if any of you realized this before, but we’d probably better with that Mahomes kid at QB instead of Mitch.  I’ll make sure to repeat this ad naseum going forward to ensure that no one ever forgets that we may have drafted the lesser QB.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

1) Yes and Ian Rapoport confirmed it, who by the way knows more about this stuff in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

2) No, but that doesn't mean they gave up "that much for him."

3) What are you not understanding? They didn't give up a lot. They overpaid by a 5th round pick. It's proven. It's a fact. I know what they gave up but it wasn't egregious or anything.

Bwahahaha, I love people defending the Trubinskies selection when it’s more than obvious Pace took the wrong QB.  The Bears blew it...  accept it.  There is no argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hey guys, not sure if any of you realized this before, but we’d probably better with that Mahomes kid at QB instead of Mitch.  I’ll make sure to repeat this ad naseum going forward to ensure that no one ever forgets that we may have drafted the lesser QB.

Thank you.  I appreciate you explaining why we shouldn’t expect another Bears Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Bwahahaha, I love people defending the Trubinskies selection when it’s more than obvious Pace took the wrong QB.  The Bears blew it...  accept it.  There is no argument.

That isn't argument right now you miserable lowlife. The argument is that they "gave up too much." No shit they would be better with Mahomes or Watson. You're an absolute joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bears fans are the absolute worst in terms of meatballness.

And that includes a couple of my buddies lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan49 said:

That isn't argument right now you miserable lowlife. The argument is that they "gave up too much." No shit they would be better with Mahomes or Watson. You're an absolute joke

Bwahahaha, they sure as shit “GAVE UP TOO MUCH”...  they gave up a #3 pick to draft a bum QB at #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

That isn't argument right now you miserable lowlife. The argument is that they "gave up too much." No shit they would be better with Mahomes or Watson. You're an absolute joke

Nothing worse than the guy who states the obvious but actually thinks he’s the only one who knows it.  Like it’s beyond embarrassing, but dude just keeps on going.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

All my buddies have been going full meatball this season.  Luckily none of them are as annoying as @Moan4Yoan.

You obviously don’t care about winning or terrible decisions being owned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing worse than the guy who states the obvious but actually thinks he’s the only one who knows it.  Like it’s beyond embarrassing, but dude just keeps on going.

Dude, you are the biggest joke of all.  You had posts where nothing less than the Sox signing Cole would be acceptable and then backtracked cuz you know it isn’t happening.  Get a clue, dude.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Bwahahaha, they sure as shit “GAVE UP TOO MUCH”...  they gave up a #3 pick to draft a bum QB at #2.

But they didn't AT THE TIME you dipshit, and again that isn't the argument. He said:

Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino" if you're going to trade away that much for him

He said it was unnecessary. It was necessary for Pace to get the guy he wanted. He said "I thought" which is past tense (third grade dude, try it out) which means AT THE TIME he thought they traded away too much for him. They did not. It's a fact, unless you think a 5th rounder is a lot and based on your seemingly low IQ, I imagine you may believe so.

Edited by soxfan49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

You obviously don’t care about winning or terrible decisions being owned.

I care about winning as much as anyone here.  I just don’t find a need to be first person to write off a player/team or rush to judgment.  Remember when you said Giolito’s brief struggles earlier this year were “regression”?  Yeah, you looked like an asshole then and an even bigger one now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

But they didn't AT THE TIME you dipshit, and again that isn't the argument. He said:

Stupidly trading half the fucking draft to move up 1 spot when it was unneccessary increased the expectations for an inexperienced Trubisky. (I thought, "this guy better be Dan Marino" if you're going to trade away that much for him

He said it was unnecessary. It was necessary. He said "I thought" which is past tense (third grade dude, try it out) which means AT THE TIME he thought they traded away too much for him. They did not. It's a fact, unless you think a 5th rounder is a lot and based on your seemingly low IQ, I imagine you may believe so.

The fact is our starting QB isn’t much better than our bum second string QB.  We all lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Dude, you are the biggest joke of all.  You had posts where nothing less than the Sox signing Cole would be acceptable and then backtracked cuz you know it isn’t happening.  Get a clue, dude.

Show me that post bro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

1) Yes and Ian Rapoport confirmed it, who by the way knows more about this stuff in his pinky than you do in your entire body.

2) No, but that doesn't mean they gave up "that much for him."

3) What are you not understanding? They didn't give up a lot. They overpaid by a 5th round pick. It's proven. It's a fact. I know what they gave up but it wasn't egregious or anything.

First, thanks for agreeing that Trubisky, while definitely an NFL-caliber QB, has shown nothing since the draft to have proved to be worth trading away 2 3rd rounders and a 4th, to move up 1 spot. 

Second, where are you getting the idea of "overpaid by a 5th round pick" from? 

 

Here are the facts, from wikipedia:

"The Bears moved up from the third overall pick by trading the San Francisco 49ers two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick.[29][30]"

Trubisky on wikipedia

 

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Two-Gun Pete said:

First, thanks for agreeing that Trubisky, while definitely an NFL-caliber QB, has shown nothing since the draft to have proved to be worth 2 3rd rounders and a 4th.

Second, where are you getting the idea of "overpaid by a 5th round pick" from? 

 

Here are the facts, from wikipedia:

"The Bears moved up from the third overall pick by trading the San Francisco 49ers two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick.[29][30]"

Trubisky on wikipedia

 

I never said he was. Pay attention. At the time that's what Pace felt was best. He absolutely hasn't shown enough. who said he has?

Also: The worth of a 5th round pick. Jesus hell what is wrong with you people? Look at the draft chart. Add up the numbers. Subtract them. It comes out to a 5th round pick, or don't and just believe me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Cowboys are overrated. Packers look like the much better team so far.

Packers still don't impress me, but if #12 is healthy all year they win this division.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I care about winning as much as anyone here.  I just don’t find a need to be first person to write off a player/team or rush to judgment.  Remember when you said Giolito’s brief struggles earlier this year were “regression”?  Yeah, you looked like an asshole then and an even bigger one now.

“You are neither cold nor hot. So because you are lukewarm, I will spew you out of my mouth.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

First, thanks for agreeing that Trubisky, while definitely an NFL-caliber QB, has shown nothing since the draft to have proved to be worth trading away 2 3rd rounders and a 4th, to move up 1 spot. 

Second, where are you getting the idea of "overpaid by a 5th round pick" from? 

 

Here are the facts, from wikipedia:

"The Bears moved up from the third overall pick by trading the San Francisco 49ers two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick.[29][30]"

Trubisky on wikipedia

 

The trade would have been fine if Mitch ended up being the high end QB that Pace thought he was getting.  You can’t be afraid to overpay for a franchise QB.  The problem is you’ve got to be certain in your guy when paying that much and right now the early returns aren’t looking good on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I never said he was. Pay attention. At the time that's what Pace felt was best. He absolutely hasn't shown enough. who said he has?

Also: The worth of a 5th round pick. Jesus hell what is wrong with you people? Look at the draft chart. Add up the numbers. Subtract them. It comes out to a 5th round pick, or don't and just believe me

Well, wikipedia says you're wrong.

 

Two 3rd rounders > 1 5th rounder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An average NFL fan could get his jollies off of homer Bears fans defending the drafting of Trubinskies.  Hilarious.  Absolutely pathetic losers.

The fact is that his sorry ass ain’t winning the Bears any Super Bowls so why defend him?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

That throw wasn't great, but an elite WR catches that ball. Miller has had alot of drops this year already.

Miller is a headcase. I said it a ton..everyone around here annoited him before he should. Dude runs weak routes and thinks he is way better than he is. Unfortunate cause he actually has skill but if he keeps this up, he will never live up to it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×