6 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

He built that OL, so if the OL is bad it's his fault as well. 

He paid Whitehair a ton of money.  Traded up to get Daniels.  I'm not sure Leno should be at LT, Massie is ok for RT, but is making a ton and they have no RG. 

I don't think he traded up for Daniels. Either way, Whitehair is really good but yeah the rest of them, aside from yesterday, suck.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

If there's one thing that all 30 owners care about more than winning it's punishing Kaepernick for what he did.

The NFL is brutally far behind the NBA on NHL on the political activism front.

7 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

He built that OL, so if the OL is bad it's his fault as well. 

He paid Whitehair a ton of money.  Traded up to get Daniels.  I'm not sure Leno should be at LT, Massie is ok for RT, but is making a ton and they have no RG. 

He didn't trade up to get Daniels.

• Like 1

I was thinking of the trade they made with New England.  That might have been for Miller.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

But that's not really what you were saying. The players themselves, Montgomery, Miller, Burtron, Gabriel.....I don't consider them "problem spots" but if you have a better QB and/or QB, those players aren't issues. 

Maybe, but they just might all be problem spots.

Bears are putting up similar offensive number as the Dolphins and Jets(who were on their like 5th string QB).  So it might be a little of everything.

2 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I was thinking of the trade they made with New England.  That might have been for Miller.

It was and he's a gigantic headcase it seems.

In two weeks he missed an important ST tackle due to effort, had a huge UC penalty, and ran 2 wrong routes (at least). Rumors last year were that he was late to a lot of meetings. I'd try to trade him and perhaps someone would bite on a late rounder. I'd see if I could get a 3 or 4 for Floyd, too.

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

Maybe, but they just might all be problem spots.

Bears are putting up similar offensive number as the Dolphins and Jets(who were on their like 5th string QB).  So it might be a little of everything.

Well, considering when mitch was good last year the offense was good, they're not ALL problem spots.

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If there's one thing that all 30 owners care about more than winning it's punishing Kaepernick for what he did.

Can you really blame them for not wanting to sign a backup QB with the circus that would follow? If he was good he would be on a team. He might be better than other backups, but he's still a backup.

14 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Well, considering when mitch was good last year the offense was good, they're not ALL problem spots.

Bears offense wasn't good last year either, but they were somewhat efficient.

This year is a complete mess on almost every level outside of Robinson and maybe Cohen.

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

Bears offense wasn't good last year either, but they were somewhat efficient.

This year is a complete mess on almost every level outside of Robinson and maybe Cohen.

They had some great games and some bad games.  They weren't consistently horrible like this.

3 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Can you really blame them for not wanting to sign a backup QB with the circus that would follow? If he was good he would be on a team. He might be better than other backups, but he's still a backup.

Your second sentence is argued against by your first sentence. 

Cohen averaged 5.2 yards per touch under old school, game passed him by John Fox. He is averaging 4.5 this year under offensive guru Nagy. 

The offense started sputtering near the end of last season, and has been as awful through the first 6 games as any Bears team since 1975.

I mentioned a while ago, a friend of mine who knows football as well as anyone I know told me the league caught up to Nagy, and the guy admittedly has no answers. That is not good. What a difference a year makes.

On the bright side personally,  I am in the 500s on the season ticket wait list. 2020 is now a distinct possibility. 

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Your second sentence is argued against by your first sentence. 

Huh? He's not good. He's a backup. If he was good he would be on a team. He's not good.

6 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Huh? He's not good. He's a backup. If he was good he would be on a team. He's not good.

And why is his name being brought up here? Because even if he's a "Backup", there are usually 10 teams at any given time that he'd be a better QB than the one they're running out there, including right now the Chicago Bears, but those teams are willing to lose games to make sure they put him in his place. Right now the Bears are getting QB performance that is so bad that a "Backup" could be the kind of upgrade that puts them in the playoffs with their defense, but it is more important to teams to make sure he knows his place than it is to make a run at the playoffs.

You 

5 minutes ago, Boogua said:

There are a lot of guys picking up NFL paychecks that have performed worse than him at his worst. One even starts for a team some thought were SB bound 7 weeks ago.

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Cohen averaged 5.2 yards per touch under old school, game passed him by John Fox. He is averaging 4.5 this year under offensive guru Nagy. 

The offense started sputtering near the end of last season, and has been as awful through the first 6 games as any Bears team since 1975.

I mentioned a while ago, a friend of mine who knows football as well as anyone I know told me the league caught up to Nagy, and the guy admittedly has no answers. That is not good. What a difference a year makes.

On the bright side personally,  I am in the 500s on the season ticket wait list. 2020 is now a distinct possibility. 

League-wide, the RPOs have certainly been sniffed out, especially with teams (seemingly) rolling back the QB running as an actual option.

And when the RPOs are Trubisky's favorite play, it causes issues.

Tell you what, I wish more people here could watch Baltimore play offense right now. It seemingly makes a lot more sense for Chicago's personnel. It's power run mixed with deep passes. 

It's one of the more fun examples of football this year. Longtime CEO coach John Harbaugh finding a player he loves, getting an experienced but seemingly outdated OC in Greg Roman and creating something new in a league that seemed to be homogenizing.

But for me the NFL this year has largely been awful, certainly aided by Bears. Not fun at all, can't wait for what should be one of the best NBA seasons in a long while.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You 

There are a lot of guys picking up NFL paychecks that have performed worse than him at his worst. One even starts for a team some thought were SB bound 7 weeks ago.

The guy hasn't played in 3 years and lost his job to Blaine Gabbert before that. 

Blaine Gabbert.

It is starting to become evident that the Mack trade was genius in more ways than one. It got a generational talent on the team and rid Ryan Pace of the opportunity to waste high first round picks on offensive players who can't play.

14 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

So is everyone willing to admit that Trubisky sucks, the defense is overrated and Pace and Nagy should be whacked in January yet? 

This is clearly a key point in Nagy's tenure. This is about as tough as it can get from a coach. You have a defense that is going to point blame at the offense (partially deservingly) and you have major issues against a team I truly believe and expected the Bears to beat handily.  I also say a lot of blame has to lie squarely on the coaching staff (offensive & defensive) and clearly blame is on the QB's shoulders, because you are the QB...period.  Right now the QB looks like he isn't playing football...he looks like he's so freaking tight on the field. No fun...no improvisation...just very slow decision making.  Looks like they completely turned him into a robot (and I think that is on the QB and coaching staff too).  

14 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

No this is a real thought. I've been thinking about this one since the game ended. It's still valid. Not an overreaction. This was Marc Trestman level bullshit today. 

The offense looks like Trestman in year 2. It looks like utter vanilla crap and that the whole league knows exactly what the Bears are going to do. Yes, blame is on Trubisky too and I won't ignore that. He missed some open guys in the 1st half and just looks like a broken QB right now. He's also the quickest way to turn things around as well (as I still believe he has talent...albeit, dude looks broke and I don't know if they will be able to fix him or not).  Hard when you hand the ball off 7 times for like no rushing yards and have 2 lost fumbles on those 7 carries.  

12 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

The strange part of all of this, is that Nagy seems to have no plan. Ive seen teams with bad lines before figure out ways to make things happen. But for a coach who is supposed to be an offensive guy, he really just lets the offense stagnate.

Bubble screen to Cohen? Screen passes? Fly sweeps? These are all the type of things that are done to take advantage of the defense when they are getting up field to fast. 

Another problem is that Trubisky is completely adverse to check downs. Many times there are rbs who can get 5 yard passes and he goes downfield. 

Its a hard team to watch on offense right now, and it starts at the top. 

All I had to do was watch Latavius Murray run to realize our RB's are part of the problem too. Murray hit the whole aggressive each time and than found cut back lanes.  It was night and day vs. our RB's (Cohen & Montgomery).  The same was evident with Jones on the Raiders. The speed and authority to which they hit the hole was huge and they were moving the D forward all day.  The line has to improve...but the RB's are also part of the problem, imo (or at least there style doesn't fit what the Bears are trying to do).  

Cohen looks like a shell of his former self.  Even when he gets in space I don't see him making guys miss or anything. He just doesn't look as electric and he's a guy who needs to be super electric given how freaking small he is.  

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

If the Bears are done with Trubisky, you have to fire the GM right?  He traded up to the 2nd overall spot and took a bad QB and passed on two superstar qb's. 

Not to mention some of his other mistakes.  The whole RB situation, Anthony Miller looks like a 2nd round bust.  Overpaid average players, Burton and Gabriel. 

The way he has drafted in general has been more bad than good.  He trades away a lot of picks to move up.

Dumping Mitch now would be a huge mistake.  He has played like ass, but he still has talent and the Bears coaching staff needs to do everything to get him right. There best and quickest path forward is with Mitch. They can reevaluate that decision in the off-season and bring in a veteran who can contend for the job (whether that is Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton or Marcus Marriotta).  

2 hours ago, Tony said:

How much of this has to do with Mitch and a really bad O-line, though? 

Either way, this whole thing is spiraling out of control. They are 3-3 but I honestly can't think of a worse start to the season based on where this team is right now, it's a total disaster. 

Miller has major issues. It isn't a QB thing.  He is all over the place on routes and is always throwing his hands up the air like a diva (its one thing if you are a regular 1000 yard receiver to be a diva, another, when you haven't done that).  Miller is a major issue and Mitch being QB isn't why this offense is as futile as it is running the football.  Miller was seriously impacted by his off-season injuries and an inability to get as many practice reps as he clearly needed a lot of work on refining his routes and building chemistry with his QB's. 

1 hour ago, Boogua said:

He also hasn't played football in years.  I think it would be pretty hard to sign him mid-season and expect anything from him.  

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

This. I have heard a few NFL analysts who have absolutely blasted the Bears X's and O's this season.  These are people who have also said the QB has been an issue but the bigger issue is the scheme and guys not getting open, etc.  There are a lot of fingers to go around and I was not happy with how this team came out of a bye week. This was on par with some of Trestman's worse games and was probably one of my most disappointing Bears games as a fan (expectation vs. reality). We were 3 point favorites and got clocked.  This is right up there with those couple blowout games against Trestman as well as that Eagles/Bears game last in the season where we got crushed (with a chance to clinch a post-season birth).  

All that said...this is a tipping point and Nagy certainly could be capable of fixing it.  I wonder if he needs to step away from the play calling a bit and/or make a move to give Childress a bit more control.  Pagano needs to look closely and figure out what he needs to do different as well.  One thing for certain, if I were going to make a trade (and as everyone on this board knows...I'm not big on trading away future picks), I would be targeting a TE who could be counted on.