Sox sign Guyer to Minor League Deal

fathom

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

The tweet said "Minor League Deal". What would you guess the odds are that he just ends up spending the season at Charlotte?

If we trade for Pederson then he’d be a good platoon partner. If we don’t then I guess I could see us sticking with Engel

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we trade for Pederson then he’d be a good platoon partner. If we don’t then I guess I could see us sticking with Engel

I'll be honest, I have no idea how they're going to construct this outfield.  If Eloy is your LF, I'm not sure how else they line up if they get Joc (which seems unlikely).

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Guess we’ll see if they want to carry five outfielders, six if you count Leury.

Probably should let Engel play everyday in Charlotte, there’s that 2-3% chance he can be a productive offensive player still.

If they get who they want, I don't see how Leury, Delmonico and Engel make the team come May

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

If they get who they want, I don't see how Leury, Delmonico and Engel make the team come May

And we'll have the benefit of training the pitching staff not to let the ball be hit to the outfield, as they'll learn rapidly that it will never be caught.