fathom

Sox sign Guyer to Minor League Deal

Yes, he has been a very good hitter vs. lefties, in his career. Looks like a platoon partner for Palka.

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

Yes, he has been a very good hitter vs. lefties, in his career. Looks like a platoon partner for Palka.

He could also spell Yonder a bit too.

The tweet said "Minor League Deal". What would you guess the odds are that he just ends up spending the season at Charlotte?

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

The tweet said "Minor League Deal". What would you guess the odds are that he just ends up spending the season at Charlotte?

If we trade for Pederson then he’d be a good platoon partner. If we don’t then I guess I could see us sticking with Engel

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I'll be surprised if he's not in the majors.

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we trade for Pederson then he’d be a good platoon partner. If we don’t then I guess I could see us sticking with Engel

I'll be honest, I have no idea how they're going to construct this outfield.  If Eloy is your LF, I'm not sure how else they line up if they get Joc (which seems unlikely).

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

I suspect that Eloy will be in RF, Jay in CF and Palka in LF, platooning with Guyer.

Eloy will be in LF

18 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Guyer is a career .274 hitter against LHP with an .824 OPS. This makes a lot of sense if they trade for Pederson.

Even in a platoon with Palka he is fine.

Guess we’ll see if they want to carry five outfielders, six if you count Leury.

Probably should let Engel play everyday in Charlotte, there’s that 2-3% chance he can be a productive offensive player still.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Guess we’ll see if they want to carry five outfielders, six if you count Leury.

Probably should let Engel play everyday in Charlotte, there’s that 2-3% chance he can be a productive offensive player still.

If they get who they want, I don't see how Leury, Delmonico and Engel make the team come May

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

If they get who they want, I don't see how Leury, Delmonico and Engel make the team come May

And we'll have the benefit of training the pitching staff not to let the ball be hit to the outfield, as they'll learn rapidly that it will never be caught. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I'll be surprised if he's not in the majors.

I will be. This is no different than the peter bourjas or Ryan raburn signings the last few years.