Elizabeth Warren

Jerksticks

I don’t think this has to get political or create arguments.  This is probably one of the rare instances in politics where everyone can agree, “just wow”.  

“I’m sorry for furthering confusion on tribal sovereignty...”

Furthering confusion lol???!!?!  What’s the matter, your spin doctors don’t think it’s a good idea to come out and say you cheated and used a fake heritage to steal the benefits, skip the line & establish your whole career?

This is probably the most high-profile case ever of somebody pretending to be a minority to steal the benefits.  It’s repulsive.  

What are some other instances of this?

What is the point of this thread? Sure, what she did was stupid and wrong. But this isn't some otherworldly news that needs to be posted despite the fact that political talk isn't allowed here. Useless thread that will probably get locked.

49 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I don’t think this has to get political or create arguments.  This is probably one of the rare instances in politics where everyone can agree, “just wow”.  

“I’m sorry for furthering confusion on tribal sovereignty...”

Furthering confusion lol???!!?!  What’s the matter, your spin doctors don’t think it’s a good idea to come out and say you cheated and used a fake heritage to steal the benefits, skip the line & establish your whole career?

This is probably the most high-profile case ever of somebody pretending to be a minority to steal the benefits.  It’s repulsive.  

What are some other instances of this?

Our President spent decades pretending to be some self-made man meanwhile cheating the American people on inheritance and income taxes while his father used outright lies and fraud to transfer wealth to him.

But I am guessing that isn't what you mean.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Our President spent decades pretending to be some self-made man meanwhile cheating the American people on inheritance and income taxes while his father used outright lies and fraud to transfer wealth to him.

But I am guessing that isn't what you mean.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

Whoa man.  Wasn’t trying to trigger people, so sorry.  I don’t understand what Donald Trump has to do with Elizabeth Warren passing herself off as NA her whole life until caught. Again sorry to trigger your politics, not my intention at all.

I only posted this because I thought this was one political topic that had no chance for partisan differences; it’s just super creepy and sad news no matter what politics you have.    

Forgot about Rachel Dolezal! Good one! Eerily similar. 

There’s gotta be others.

I am just glad some high profile person lends precedent here for this lunacy to be okay as it serves as a fly in the ointment in the ethnicity Olympics. While my background is primarily (if not entirely) Western European descent immigrating in the 20th century, I wouldn't classify myself as white. I fill out forms as "other"

I had a friend who's mom was adopted so she told her kids to apply to college as Native American and my friend got 8k a year in scholarships for public school. No validation or anything. 

My girl is 1/8th Mexican. Her maternal grandmother is half Mexican. If we were to have a family and children the kids would be Mexican Americans at 6.25% which is roughly 400-6400x more hispanic than Warren is Native American so it would be perfectly reasonable to raise them as Americans with Hispanic background. If one of our senators can market herself as Native American based up on a speckle of background stemming back hundred of years it really opens the door for all types of shenanigans. 

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Whoa man.  Wasn’t trying to trigger people, so sorry.  I don’t understand what Donald Trump has to do with Elizabeth Warren passing herself off as NA her whole life until caught. Again sorry to trigger your politics, not my intention at all.

I only posted this because I thought this was one political topic that had no chance for partisan differences; it’s just super creepy and sad news no matter what politics you have.    

There’s gotta be others.

How about the guy in Seattle who legally changed his age from 59 to 39? Hopefully he still wasn't expecting social security!

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

There’s gotta be others.

Trump has been passing himself off as a self-made billionaire for decades. Really it was a ton of accounting tricks, fraud, and his dad being a pretty sharp guy.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Trump has been passing himself off as a self-made billionaire for decades. Really it was a ton of accounting tricks, fraud, and his dad being a pretty sharp guy.

Okay now tie that back to the topic at hand for us...

Just now, raBBit said:

Okay now tie that back to the topic at hand for us...

This is his original post.

What’s the matter, your spin doctors don’t think it’s a good idea to come out and say you cheated and used a fake heritage to steal the benefits, skip the line & establish your whole career?

Tell me how the family telling a lie since the 1990's about where Donald's money came from, as well as a laundry list of illegal activities to do it doesn't fall under exactly what he posted about there?

I guess the one difference is that the Trump family will never own up and come clean.

3 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

There’s gotta be others.

It’s not remotely similar to Dolezal. 

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is his original post.

Tell me how the family telling a lie since the 1990's about where Donald's money came from, as well as a laundry list of illegal activities to do it doesn't fall under exactly what he posted about there?

I guess the one difference is that the Trump family will never own up and come clean.

Stomping all over the small amount of reparations groups of disenfranchised races have received is different than being a spoiled brat.  Opening the floodgates for everyone in America to steal those reparations is horrid.  Being a spoiled brat has nothing to do with falsely playing the race card for personal gain or just to grab attention.  Again I’m sorry your politics got triggered, I didn’t mean that.  

1 hour ago, G&T said:

It’s not remotely similar to Dolezal. 

I think it is quite similar.  I don’t really see the merit of ranking this level of doucheyness.  Both cases are just really douchey and sad.  

20 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Stomping all over the small amount of reparations groups of disenfranchised races have received is different than being a spoiled brat.  Opening the floodgates for everyone in America to steal those reparations is horrid.  Being a spoiled brat has nothing to do with falsely playing the race card for personal gain or just to grab attention.  Again I’m sorry your politics got triggered, I didn’t mean that.  

I think it is quite similar.  I don’t really see the merit of ranking this level of doucheyness.  Both cases are just really douchey and sad.  

It was exactly this type of stuff that got the Buster shut down in the first place. People couldn't have an intelligent discussion with making it personal. Hence this one getting closed as well.