Sox hitters already ready for camp // Burger is hitting off tee

bmags

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Reynaldo Lopez posted a minuscule 1.38 ERA over his final seven starts last season, achieving a goal of getting his season ERA under 4.00 at 3.91. The right-hander's early target for 2019 takes that number a step lower.

"Last year my ERA was a three something," said Lopez through interpreter Billy Russo. "I would like to have an ERA below three."

Everything coming from Merkin from whitesox.xom

I’m expecting big things from Lopez next year.  I really think he has the stuff to be a high-end #3 starter and I believe that could happen as soon as 2019.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m expecting big things from Lopez next year.  I really think he has the stuff to be a high-end #3 starter and I believe that could happen as soon as 2019.

100%. There were some metrics on him last year, that suggested he was not as good as he was. That he was "getting lucky". I am not buying that long term. IMO, he kinda reminds me of Jose Contreras.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cashman said:

100%. There were some metrics on him last year, that suggested he was not as good as he was. That he was "getting lucky". I am not buying that long term. IMO, he kinda reminds me of Jose Contreras.

I think those metrics have merit in the sense that he did have stretches last year where he got lucky, but I don’t think they are predictive of how he’ll pitch going forward.  When everything was clicking for Lopez last year he looked studly IMO and he obviously finished the year strong.  I definitely see him having a big 2019 and possibly finishing with a 4 win season.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think those metrics have merit in the sense that he did have stretches last year where he got lucky, but I don’t think they are predictive of how he’ll pitch going forward.  When everything was clicking for Lopez last year he looked studly IMO and he obviously finished the year strong.  I definitely see him having a big 2019 and possibly finishing with a 4 win season.

I think that Lopez's ceiling is Carlos Carrasco, and that is fine.