pettie4sox

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

I voted today.  Took the ballot and filled it out while walking to the machine to put it in.  The judge running the machine just chuckled.

There is no reason to not vote in this election it is beyond simple.

I didn't like that they could see who you voted for.  My ward has a run off for alderman and they were both standing there at 6am harassing people as they went it.  It was beyond awkward.

I had the folder and everything but being that there was no run off in my ward it was the treasurer and mayor it was rather simple. 

It was kind of funny as I didn't even go to the booth.  Was easier to just walk over and put it in filling in the blank as I walked to the machine.

I have liked Lightfoot since day 1.  I really hope she wins. 

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I had the folder and everything but being that there was no run off in my ward it was the treasurer and mayor it was rather simple. 

It was kind of funny as I didn't even go to the booth.  Was easier to just walk over and put it in filling in the blank as I walked to the machine.

I have liked Lightfoot since day 1.  I really hope she wins. 

It was tale of two typical IL democrat machines candidates, Conyers/Preckwinkle or Pawar/Lightfoot as the somewhat outsiders.

I went with the latter.

They had an interesting story on the radio on the way home. A guy went to vote and was told he had already voted. He proved who he was and was allowed to vote but he wasn't sure if his "previous vote" was deleted or still counted.

Or a testimony for a form of government where at some point it just doesn't matter. No one elected official really has so much power that anything changes monumentally in any one direction.