Cheap White Sox gear

ron883

Any tips on where to buy some affordable White Sox gear? The prices can get pretty ridiculous from the typical retailers. I was going to purchase peavy44's onesie, but unfortunately his thread got locked. 

Any tips? Not too worried about quality. Hoping to get some fresh stuff for spring training.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Any tips on where to buy some affordable White Sox gear? The prices can get pretty ridiculous from the typical retailers. I was going to purchase peavy44's onesie, but unfortunately his thread got locked. 

Any tips? Not too worried about quality. Hoping to get some fresh stuff for spring training.

If you are in the Chicago area, Marshalls and TJ Maxx usually have a few things.

DHgate.com. things get shipped from China and take a few weeks, but if you go by the reviews the quality is almost always fantastic. I got 2 Bears jerseys during the season last year for about 20 bucks a piece and you can't tell the difference between them and the actual on field authentics. Way nicer than the replicas in store.

1 hour ago, Kiebs13 said:

DHgate.com. things get shipped from China and take a few weeks, but if you go by the reviews the quality is almost always fantastic. I got 2 Bears jerseys during the season last year for about 20 bucks a piece and you can't tell the difference between them and the actual on field authentics. Way nicer than the replicas in store.

This is definitely the way to go.  I ordered some Bears jerseys (Mack & Hicks) before the season started and while it is extremely slow boat shipping from China, the jerseys are great knockoffs and were dirt-cheap at around $20 each after shipping.  DHGate also has an app you can download to do your searching and ordering.

Seconding Marshalls/TJ Maxx.  Can get some great deals, but it all depends on timing.  Fanatics and Lids.com have a lot of sales and clearances too.   

One thing to keep in mind is that the Nike league wide contract starts next season. That means all of the Majestic branded jerseys and gear is going to be heavily discounted next offseason, just as was the case when the NFL ditched Reebok for Nike and the NHL went from Reebok to Adidas. So next winter will really be the time to stock up.  

Edited by soxfan18

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, Whiterat29 said:

This is counterfeit Chinese garbage. Not only is it stealing money from the teams and players, but the jerseys look like trash and fit like they were sewn by blind people. Wrong colors, wrong fonts, bad fabrics, and crappy stitching.

Also, counterfeiting ventures fund terrorism and organized crime. Buy a T-shirt at Marshall's if you really need Sox gear but don't feel like paying full price.

Edited by Roughneck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ron883 said:

Thanks for the replies. Good idea with tj Maxx and Marshalls, DA. I forgot they carry that stuff. Unfortunately I stupidly went to the one  Clark and Halsted. Had zero Sox gear. 

The TJM/Marshall’s at Ontario and Rush has a lot of stuff right now. Especially the TJM. 5 or 6 different hoodies, a bunch of shirts.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, ron883 said:

If you aren't worried about quality then try Mardhalls, Target, TJ Max, Meijer, Walmart, and Amazon.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, Roughneck said:

This is counterfeit Chinese garbage. Not only is it stealing money from the teams and players, but the jerseys look like trash and fit like they were sewn by blind people. Wrong colors, wrong fonts, bad fabrics, and crappy stitching.

Also, counterfeiting ventures fund terrorism and organized crime. Buy a T-shirt at Marshall's if you really need Sox gear but don't feel like paying full price.

Preach

I also agree with anti cheap knock offs from overseas. I can't stand that stuff. Some people say it looks similar, but it's actually pretty poorly made. I bought a Swisher and Alexei jersey in the past and it was just awful. Too skinny, buttons were all off, lettering was poor, numbers were spaced out oddly. Striping was significantly off from real jersey. The whole thing was pretty bad from top down. $30 for a knockoff v. $100 for a replica... I'd do the $100 every day. Just my opinion though.

Have yourself 5 parking lot beers instead of 5 ballpark beers and save that money and apply it towards the real thing.

• Thanks 1