2019 Golf/PGA Tour Thread.

Getting close to the Florida Swing, which is my favorite non-major time of year in Golf. Love the Honda and Palmer tournaments. This year the Players Championship returns to the FL Swing, which makes it even better. fi

Meanwhile at Riviera, Tiger Woods started his 3rd round with 3 birdies and an eagle thru 4 holes, before play was suspended for darkness. 

JMO: Justin Thomas is really good at golf but is also really unlikeable. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• 1 month later...

I find it interesting that my players have so little interest in watching the tour. I keep telling them that they will learn from watching the best players compete, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I hope the latest video game is helping.

11 hours ago, Texsox said:

I find it interesting that my players have so little interest in watching the tour. I keep telling them that they will learn from watching the best players compete, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I hope the latest video game is helping.

There are no decent golf video games anymore. The one that does still exist (The Golf Club) is so hard that you might as well go hit the course yourself. It makes no sense to play a video game when you could go to a real course and shoot the same score if you have any skill whatsoever. Most rounds on that game it is an accomplishment to break 85 on a par 72. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

On one of our out of town tournaments they were playing Tiger Woods (?) I think it was and breaking par. I didn't stick around very long to watch. I tend to give them space when we take those trips. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

On one of our out of town tournaments they were playing Tiger Woods (?) I think it was and breaking par. I didn't stick around very long to watch. I tend to give them space when we take those trips. 

TW was reasonable. TW 2014(released in 2013) for PS3 with Augusta National was literally the best golf game ever made. They ditched TW as the cover golfer after that one, lost the rights to Augusta, and then re branded it with McIlroy. I got so good at TW that I had to turn the sliders to the hardest settings in order to have a challenge.  McIlroy sold so poorly that a PGA branded game hasn't been released since 2015. The only game that is active is TGC 2, where users make their own courses, and you have a general golfer that you play with. They had initially released it such that it was a single release with purchasable online content, but they killed it after 18 months. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

We just returned from an invitational at the course that is hosting our district and regional tournaments and the greens are the worse I’ve ever seen at a tournament course. Bare spots with poa annua everywhere. My boys won by 12 strokes but my girls came in second four strokes back. 

Was there a better player than Dustin Johnson that choked in big moments as much as he does? I guess most would say Greg Norman, but didn't he win 4 or 5 British Opens? At this point I consider it a minor miracle that he got that one US Open. I see the guy at the top of the leaderboard often, but he never seems to finish, and a lot of times goes backward. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

So despite their best efforts to give it away my girl's team won their first ever district title. My #1 double bogeyed 18 both days but managed to shoot 69-70 to win medalist honors. Even with rules officials all over the course we manged to have a little drama. 

Today begins the boys tournament. We are favored to win, but anything can happen. 

7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Faldo said he was struggling. You should he CAN'T putt anymore, meaning currently or ever again. You were once again wrong. Own it

That's not what I meant. What I meant was that he was setting up wrong. It was an easy fix that I didn't know if he'd figure out this week. Faldo reiterated exactly that so STFU. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

That's not what I meant. What I meant was that he was setting up wrong. It was an easy fix that I didn't know if he'd figure out this week. Faldo reiterated exactly that so STFU. 

That's not what you meant? It's what you said verbatim

Ok, so I'm getting a wee bit frustrated because I have to play golf on a budget, and am finding it impossible. 

The biggest issue for me is the $20 per week or so to keep your swing in good shape. I can't afford that. Another thing is that I can't not take it seriously. Like everything I do, I want to get better and when I don't have the time and money to put into something I really enjoy doing it blows. 

Why is this sport so damn expensive?  I know it was intended for upper class people but I think we've gotten beyond that point, no? 

Edited by Jack Parkman