Hansen hurt again?

soxfan49

RT @scottmerkin: Alec Hansen, the No. 10 White Sox prospect per MLB Pipeline, felt shoulder soreness when he started throwing at home in Oklahoma City in December. He alerted the White Sox, who brought him to Arizona five weeks ago.

RT @scottmerkin: Hansen feels on track now, maybe a week behind everyone else at the most. More on Hansen's view of 2019 and his look back at a rough individual 2018 later today on https://t.co/kjrmCE9Dgi

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

RT @scottmerkin: Alec Hansen, the No. 10 White Sox prospect per MLB Pipeline, felt shoulder soreness when he started throwing at home in Oklahoma City in December. He alerted the White Sox, who brought him to Arizona five weeks ago.

RT @scottmerkin: Hansen feels on track now, maybe a week behind everyone else at the most. More on Hansen's view of 2019 and his look back at a rough individual 2018 later today on https://t.co/kjrmCE9Dgi

It's obvious the guy just can't be counted on, and it is a shame because he showed what he can do when healthy in 2017.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's obvious the guy just can't be counted on, and it is a shame because he showed what he can do when healthy in 2017.

He’s definitely a wild card at this point, but at least we know the ceiling is high as hell when things are going right.  He just can’t lose any more development time after the disaster that was last season.

31 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Didn’t Dunning just have the one issue? Whereas Hansen had multiple, plus setbacks? 

For Dunning, I think many of us were afraid he might need TJS when he had his elbow problem last year.  Obviously that turned out not to be the case, but until he pitches for an extended stretch a small part of me will have those TJS fears in the back of my mind.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

41 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For Dunning, I think many of us were afraid he might need TJS when he had his elbow problem last year.  Obviously that turned out not to be the case, but until he pitches for an extended stretch a small part of me will have those TJS fears in the back of my mind.

I'm pretty sure they said he was pretty close to having TJS. 

42 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

I'm pretty sure they said he was pretty close to having TJS. 

They were going to try to let it heal and then see if the laxity decreased and he could throw without pain. I believe he did throw during the Arizona fall league time.

Edited by ptatc

20 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Then I don't see why that isn't going to happen at some point this year. I mean if the ligament is gonna snap, it's going to snap. Just get it done asap. 

Ligaments heal. They could tell by their exam if it had tightened up or not. This is no guarantee that he won't need it in the future but if it heals there is no reason for surgery 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Ligaments heal. They could tell by their exam if it had tightened up or not. This is no guarantee that he won't need it in the future but if it heals there is no reason for surgery 

Yeah, but if it is something like fraying can that actually heal with rest? Serious question. 

53 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, but if it is something like fraying can that actually heal with rest? Serious question. 

Yes. All tissues have the ability.  It just depends on the size of the tear and the quality of the healing environment. 

7 hours ago, ron883 said:

Is that similar to an ACL tear, where they can do a physical exam and be fairly confident that it is torn? I may be wrong on the ACL aspect. 

You are correct on both. Of course I'm a little biased but research in general shows this as well.

Edited by ptatc