Jussie Smollett/Chicago police nice work

greg775

You don't mess with Chicago's finest. They want to interview Jussie Smollett again I pity Jussie if he indeed made up/set up the attack he alleges. Chicago police have by all accounts that I've read done a fantastic job absorbing the details of the alleged attack and they want to question Jussie about perhaps fabricating the whole thing or hiring the brothers to assault him.

Just the fact the Chicago police were able to locate the two brothers so quickly (and find out about the brothers) ... nice work! Say what you want about Chicago police ... I think they are badboys (in a good way) and I applaud them. And I would never want to run afoul of them. Chicago cops, who else thinks they deserve a toast??

2 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

What is the motive of this?  Now if it really happens to someone it'll be a "pfffffft, they are crying wolf"

Because he wanted to gain notoriety for being a victim of "Trumps Hate". Just like all of the other dozens of fake hate crimes over the last 2 years.

Also check out his friendship with Corey Booker and Kamala Harris, who at the time was proposing an anti-lynching bill.  They both tweeted about this story.

• Love 2

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Because he wanted to gain notoriety for being a victim of "Trumps Hate". Just like all of the other dozens of fake hate crimes over the last 2 years.

Also check out his friendship with Corey Booker and Kamala Harris, who at the time was proposing an anti-lynching bill.  They both tweeted about this story.

Is that truth or just you adding a partisan spin?  There are always people who take advantage of a volatile environment for their own gain, but to say there are dozens of fake hate crimes is disingenuous as best.

No, that is the truth look at their twitter accounts.  They both posted almost the exact same thing, "a modern day lynching" as she was trying to pass the anti-lynching bill.  Smollett has also been photographed marching with Harris.  There is nothing partisan about what I said.

Edit:  And no it's not disingenuous, I have seen dozens of these types of stories the last 2 years that turn out to be hoaxes.  

Edited by BackDoorBreach
  • Love 2

Do everyone a favor and keep everything related to the case and not bring politics into this. The Buster was closed for a reason. 

Keep talking about Smollett and the case in here, that's it. To extrapolate it into the political sphere at large will result in the closure of this thread.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Is anyone actually defending him at this point? I honestly haven't seen it. I don't see how anyone could.

Last I saw (on TMZ I think) was that even the rest of the Empire cast was furious at what he did. Pretty much everyone has abandoned him now.

Which is what he deserves, even more than prison. He was fully ready to send two innocent men to prison all for his bullshit. Dumbass sociopath.

I love the Chicago cops work in trying to get to the bottom of this. But now TMZ is keeping the story alive by saying the check was for personal trainer services. Smollett was trying to get buffed for his role. I may be a dolt and a jerk  in many's eyes but I do not rush to judgment. Why can't people just let these stories play out? A lot of people first supported Jussie on this and then turned on him big time. Now with there being a reasonable doubt about the purpose of the check, what are they going to do? Say 'my bad' again and support Jussie?

Our rush to judgment either way is sickening in our country right now. Let the facts play out. Geez. That said I still think Chicago cops are badasses in a good way.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that the Chicago police chief has been so outspoken in explaining the charges and blasting Smollett. It's let Smollett's lawyer, Mark Geragos, claim nobody is presuming innocent until proven guilty. Is it a little unusual for police to be this vocal against an alleged criminal? It's like our police force is explaining everything he did without letting the system do its thing: innocent til the trial. There's a chance he is deemed innocent if this goes to jury trial u know.

Geragos: "I haven’t seen one piece of evidence and they don’t have one piece of evidence that they’ve turned over that links Jussie to this. What they do have is a great case against the two brothers….What do they have besides their word that he is in on this.”

There are so many twists and turns with high profile cases in this day and age I would think there would be caution here. I admit it looks bad for the actor, but Geragos obviously thinks there's no evidence and Jussie is gonna be just fine.

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Interesting that the Chicago police chief has been so outspoken in explaining the charges and blasting Smollett. It's let Smollett's lawyer, Mark Geragos, claim nobody is presuming innocent until proven guilty. Is it a little unusual for police to be this vocal against an alleged criminal? It's like our police force is explaining everything he did without letting the system do its thing: innocent til the trial. There's a chance he is deemed innocent if this goes to jury trial u know.

Geragos: "I haven’t seen one piece of evidence and they don’t have one piece of evidence that they’ve turned over that links Jussie to this. What they do have is a great case against the two brothers….What do they have besides their word that he is in on this.”

There are so many twists and turns with high profile cases in this day and age I would think there would be caution here. I admit it looks bad for the actor, but Geragos obviously thinks there's no evidence and Jussie is gonna be just fine.

Well if his lawyer just came out and said "Yeah my client is guilty," he'd be a pretty shit lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Extra points if you saw this coming?

Infuriating Chicago’s mayor and police chief, prosecutors abruptly dropped all charges against Jussie Smollett on Tuesday after the “Empire” actor accused of faking a racist, anti-guy attack on himself agreed to do volunteer service and to let the city keep his $10,000 in bail.

Authorities gave no detailed explanation for why they abandoned the case only five weeks after filing the charges and threatening to pursue Smollett for the cost of a monthlong investigation. Prosecutors said they still believe Smollett concocted the assault.

The dismissal drew an immediate backlash. Emanuel called the deal “a whitewash of justice” and lashed out at Smollett for dragging the city’s reputation “through the mud” in a quest to advance his career. At one point he asked, “Is there no decency in this man?”

Smollett’s attorneys said his record was “wiped clean” of the 16 felony counts related to making a false report that he was assaulted by two men. The actor insisted that he had “been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one.”

“I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I was being accused of,” he told reporters after a court hearing. He thanked the state of Illinois “for attempting to do what’s right.”

In a statement, a spokeswoman for the Cook County prosecutors’ office said the dismissal came “after reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case.” Tandra Simonton called it “a just disposition and appropriate resolution” but said it not an exoneration.

I watched the news conference with Raul and the police chief. It was GREAT. Raul pointed out Jussie is still screaming his innocence and had the gall to say it happened to him. Geez, you got away with it, Jussie. Don't insult the Chicago cops any more. Hopefully because he's doing this he'll get nailed by the FBI over that letter he allegedly sent to himself threatening himself or SOMETHING. I mean I'd wish Jussie no ill will if he just got away with it and shut up. But he's still gabbing about his innocence. Just shut up. There aren't that many PUBLIC cases in which something like this happens where he just gets off with nothing. I will say the Trib's story was different from the one I read at CNN. The Trib story implied Jussie must give his whole bail (100,000) to the city, not 10,000. And the Trib story said the AG or somebody said they didn't dispute Jussie was still guility. They simply said he was guilty but paid his debt thru $$ and community service which he woulda got anyway.

OK, I hope the Trib story is the accurate one. But I love our Chicago cops and police chief and Raul was OUTSTANDING at the news conference. Watch it if you haven't. I can't find the link.

I found it,      

On 3/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, Quin said:

Well if his lawyer just came out and said "Yeah my client is guilty," he'd be a pretty shit lawyer.

Edited by greg775

Update. I've been reading the different sites and nobody is believing the Chicago cops, lol. Yeah, right. So the country is behind Jussie. Good for the country. Frickin' amazing. Please, FBI, keep this case alive. Chicago deserves better!