Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Moustakas to Milwaukee

Recommended Posts

Well, that kinda sucks. Good for the Brewers, but would have been great for the Phillies or Padres to sign Moustakas :p. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Well, that kinda sucks. Good for the Brewers, but would have been great for the Phillies or Padres to sign Moustakas :p. 

True, though I'm glad the Sox can't sign him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Pretty wild how trendy one year deals are

Moustakas, despite some name recognition, just isn't that good. He averaged under 2 WAR the last three seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hmmmmm. 

Please don’t read into that

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Moustakas, despite some name recognition, just isn't that good. He averaged under 2 WAR the last three seasons.

When Moustakas has 20 more HRs, 40 more RBI, a better SLG, 30 less SOs and a lower WAR than Yolmer Sanchez last year, something is wrong with that stat.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cashman said:

When Moustakas has 20 more HRs, 40 more RBI, a better SLG, 30 less SOs and a lower WAR than Yolmer Sanchez last year, something is wrong with that stat.

Baseball players also commonly have to spend approximately 1/2 of each game trying to catch the ball. They call it "defense". 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Baseball players also commonly have to spend approximately 1/2 of each game trying to catch the ball. They call it "defense". 

Its completely insane to think the gap defensively between the two is large enough to bridge that kind of massive gap in offensive production.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

Its completely insane to think the gap defensively between the two is large enough to bridge that kind of massive gap in offensive production.

This is why I don't like bWAR and prefer fWAR. By fWAR Moustakas was nearly a win better. DRS just gets too funky at the extremes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

Its completely insane to think the gap defensively between the two is large enough to bridge that kind of massive gap in offensive production.

Exactly. And I also remember reading that Moose is good defensively? I think he may have a down year with the glove a couple of years ago but that could have been the year he dealt with injuries too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×