Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Moustakas to Milwaukee

Well, that kinda sucks. Good for the Brewers, but would have been great for the Phillies or Padres to sign Moustakas :p. 

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Well, that kinda sucks. Good for the Brewers, but would have been great for the Phillies or Padres to sign Moustakas :p. 

True, though I'm glad the Sox can't sign him.

11 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Pretty wild how trendy one year deals are

Moustakas, despite some name recognition, just isn't that good. He averaged under 2 WAR the last three seasons.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hmmmmm. 

Please don’t read into that

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Moustakas, despite some name recognition, just isn't that good. He averaged under 2 WAR the last three seasons.

When Moustakas has 20 more HRs, 40 more RBI, a better SLG, 30 less SOs and a lower WAR than Yolmer Sanchez last year, something is wrong with that stat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Cashman said:

When Moustakas has 20 more HRs, 40 more RBI, a better SLG, 30 less SOs and a lower WAR than Yolmer Sanchez last year, something is wrong with that stat.

Baseball players also commonly have to spend approximately 1/2 of each game trying to catch the ball. They call it "defense". 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Baseball players also commonly have to spend approximately 1/2 of each game trying to catch the ball. They call it "defense". 

Its completely insane to think the gap defensively between the two is large enough to bridge that kind of massive gap in offensive production.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

Its completely insane to think the gap defensively between the two is large enough to bridge that kind of massive gap in offensive production.

This is why I don't like bWAR and prefer fWAR. By fWAR Moustakas was nearly a win better. DRS just gets too funky at the extremes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

Exactly. And I also remember reading that Moose is good defensively? I think he may have a down year with the glove a couple of years ago but that could have been the year he dealt with injuries too.