It's an all-important year for LuBob

caulfield12

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/important-luis-robert-205501297.html

Crosses fingers on 100% health for an entire 142 game season of play...

The Arizona Fall League performance was a mighty positive sign for those waiting to see what a healthy year for Robert might look like. He slashed .324/.367/.432 with a couple homers and 10 RBIs in 18 games. He wowed just about everyone with his talent. He scored from second base on a sacrifice fly.

"He's got that type of talent," Renteria said. "I think he's one of those guys that you want to see his overall game come into play. I think the experience that he's going to gain this summer will play a big part. ... Guys like that, that skill set, hopefully they jump exponentially in terms of their growth and their maturation. We're hopeful that he's one of those guys. And looking at some of the video we did see and conversing with everybody, everybody sees where he's going and we're looking forward to seeing him continue to develop."

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s barely played at all and only struck out 16.5% in the AFL, I think we need to get you a jump to conclusions mat.

You addressed his strikeouts comment but helped bolster his “too fragile” comment at the same time.

Edited by Machado2Sox

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s barely played at all and only struck out 16.5% in the AFL, I think we need to get you a jump to conclusions mat.

Barely playing at all is part of the problem. And he had 79 PAs in the AFL. Before that, he had about 250 PAs with a 25% k-rate. 

5 minutes ago, Machado2Sox said:

You addressed his strikeouts comment but helped bolster his “too fragile” comment at the same time.

IMO, it’s just way too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions.  If he can’t stay healthy next year I’ll start to get worried.  Honestly, the only takeaways at this point in time should be that the tools are legit and he’s going to need some time to develop.