Luis Basabe Broken Hand

Sockin

23 hours ago, ptatc said:

Doesn't matter. He will have the surgery to remove the hook of the hamate and then it will heal up. The latest stats are that about 20% of all professio0nal players fracture it. There will not be any lasting effects. He'll be playing in April.

Injuries are starting but this  one I believe is the same type of injury Gordon Beckham suffered 

19 hours ago, ptatc said:

An article in the Tribune said he was going to be out 12 weeks. That is a really long time for this. If true that's really conservative.

I believe they are factoring in getting him a spring training of sorts into that. It's been phrased as he will be out 4-6 weeks and will join an affiliate in 12 weeks. Still seems long though.

11 minutes ago, danman31 said:

I believe they are factoring in getting him a spring training of sorts into that. It's been phrased as he will be out 4-6 weeks and will join an affiliate in 12 weeks. Still seems long though.

Maybe. He should be swinging a bat in the 6 weeks timeframe. The extra 6 weeks seems long but maybe they going to extend the time before he swings the bat.