Who is available in 2020? Looking ahead to the future

BigSexy23

None...don’t piece together a mediocre team with free agents. Winning 80 games instead of 65 does nothing for anybody. 

And the REALLY said part is I don’t even know where to go if we can’t sign big free agents. We have very few assets left to sell off and the franchise still has a serious lack of talent. The plan seems to be sit and hope..,I guess? Not sure how this mess gets turned around 

Obviously Harper would be the number one priority, but I have serious doubts of that happening.  So, if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing Keuchel one a 2-year deal and maybe Gonzalez or Harrison.  Would Harrison be a better choice at 2nd than Yolmer or Rondon?

45 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If they aren't willing to go big for Harper, then you continue the rebuild and continue to accumulate assets with high draft picks and the like.

They arent going after Harper, stop this nonsense please, and they arent getting more fans.  they're hemorrhaging them actually

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Obviously Harper would be the number one priority, but I have serious doubts of that happening.  So, if that doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing Keuchel one a 2-year deal and maybe Gonzalez or Harrison.  Would Harrison be a better choice at 2nd than Yolmer or Rondon?

What would Keuchel do on a 2 year deal?  They are winning 70 games this year. 2020 doesn't seem realistic either, Dallas is not aging well.

34 minutes ago, Quin said:

The only way to save face is Harper, maybe Keuchel, pray Madrigal becomes an elite 2B and forces Moncada to 3rd and Moncada becomes something there.

No chance the Sox shell out for Harper at this point. To lose out on Machado after years of planning is a blow this fanbase will not soon recover from. They cried poor at the worst possible time. How can the fanbase expect them to build a winner without substantial free agent additions along the way? Shameful

• Like 2

• BigSexy23 changed the title to Who is available in 2020? Looking ahead to the future