Who is available in 2020? Looking ahead to the future

BigSexy23

at one point roughly a year ago i feel like i recall Hahn saying that a few moves may have accelerated the rebuild. Well a year later and the shortcomings of Moncada and Giolito, injuries to Kopech, Burdi, Robert, Adolfo, Hansen, Burger, (and Dunning to a lesser degree), combined with the inability to sign the impact free agents, and this rebuild needs to be decelerated. 

You've stunk for a few years and we've walked away with a AAAA pitcher in fulmer, an injured reliever in Burdi, a catcher who may not be able to catch in Collins, a 3b who can't field and will likely be a career DH in Burger, and a guy who may never hit more than 8 HR a year in Madrigal. Its time for a change 

• Like 2

Im in shock. Ive been eagerly waiting 2 plus years for this winter and manny. They traded sale jose eaton. Theyve been preaching patience saying about muktipke championships and when they had to sign the player the franschise player to win those championships they didnt want to give 50 more millions to wrap it uo. To me they were lying as it seems and im in shock depression and i feel they played with me. Im done with mr jerry mr kenny and mr rick. Unless they get bryce. Otherwise im done. Too much for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, GenericUserName said:

Its a Reinsdorf team. They are going to try to piece together something that will have a shot even though it will only end up with us spending a ton of money on a bunch of nothing.

dude don't bother telling me that. My favorite teams are bulls and sox. This is torture. I know they are stuck and it won't change!

1 minute ago, daa84 said:

at one point roughly a year ago i feel like i recall Hahn saying that a few moves may have accelerated the rebuild. Well a year later and the shortcomings of Moncada and Giolito, injuries to Kopech, Burdi, Robert, Adolfo, Hansen, Burger, (and Dunning to a lesser degree), combined with the inability to sign the impact free agents, and this rebuild needs to be decelerated. 

You've stunk for a few years and we've walked away with a AAAA pitcher in fulmer, an injured reliever in Burdi, a catcher who may not be able to catch in Collins, a 3b who can't field and will likely be a career DH in Burger, and a guy who may never hit more than 8 HR a year in Madrigal. Its time for a change 

contrast that to the astros, who even despite the appel and aiken debacles (god can you imagine if they took Bryant instead of appel), landed springer, correa, bregman and kyle tucker 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

How do you ever survive with those 7 championships? Jesus christ. 

Last Bulls title was when most of us were 7-14, including myself.  Been a minute.  As a hardcore Bulls fan, there's no indication the FO on the West side has any clue what they are doing either.  Another JR run circus.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

dude don't bother telling me that. My favorite teams are bulls and sox. This is torture. I know they are stuck and it won't change!

But at least a lifetime of memories.  The greatest team/s of that generation...over a nearly 15 year period.

We got Jordan on Birmingham and Bo Jackson without a hip on the other side of that equation...and yet another great young manager who got away in Francona.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Last Bulls title was when most of us were 7-14, including myself.  Been a minute.

Just thank God every morning you wake up that you aren't from Cleveland or Detroit. I'd also like to beg to differ with "most of us." 

Anyway, Manny Machado was never going to make or break this rebuild. People need to get a fucking grip. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Love 2

Now we hope that basically every good prospect in the system hits because that is what it will take for the Sox to be good again.  Good luck when our top two pitching prospects have already undergone Tommy John surgery and the only position player prospect who really excelled last year among the top guys was Jimenez. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Just thank God every morning you wake up that you aren't from Cleveland or Detroit. 

Anyway, Manny Machado was never going to make or break this rebuild. People need to get a fucking grip. 

I've dealt with Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez and now Jim Harbaugh apparently having his balls put into a vice grip at UM while playing a stone age offense.  I've seen a lot of shit lately.  Thankfully I had a great childhood of fandom but the flags are faded.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I've dealt with Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez and now Jim Harbaugh apparently having his balls put into a vice grip at UM while playing a stone age offense.  I've seen a lot of shit lately.  Thankfully I had a great childhood of fandom but the flags are faded.

Luckily, you get older, your priorities change, and the success of your favorite sports teams is just a bonus. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Just thank God every morning you wake up that you aren't from Cleveland or Detroit. 

True, but now the fanbase is really in prove it mode.  Enthusiasm/morale low, low energy at games...they’ll have to win something before most casual Sox fans will ever come back out.

Even then the storyline will be...well, the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros and Angels are just going to crush our small market dreams.  Or the Rays and A’s can run rings around us in terms of cost effectiveness on the flip side.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

True, but now the fanbase is really in prove it mode.  Enthusiasm/morale low, low energy at games...they’ll have to win something before most casual Sox fans will ever come back out.

Even then the storyline will be...well, the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros and Angels are just going to crush our small market dreams.

The Sox are who they always have been and always will be. If they're good, people will come. If they suck, they'll stay home. What the hell does that fanbase being in "prove it mode" even mean anyway? They weren't going to games anyway. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

You guys create these narratives yourselves and you're easily manipulated by fake Twitter accounts and media that profits from manipulating you. It's crazy to watch these narratives develop. 

I feel like 99% of the tweets I read during this were complete and utter BS.  It was hilarious to see people reacting.  Twitter is now the easiest way to get grift accomplished.  You have to take pretty much every account -- even the blue checked (lol, what a racket that is) ones -- with a massive grain of salt.

Moncada does not want to play third base.  I would make him play there and if doesn't work out, then trade him. 

Aside from the fact that he could block Madrigal at second, the Sox have to solve the perennial question mark at third base.

Now that Machado is gone, Moncada has to step up at the hot corner.

15 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Just thank God every morning you wake up that you aren't from Cleveland or Detroit. I'd also like to beg to differ with "most of us." 

Ah sorry everyone. Let’s please discuss on the baseball message board how nothing actually matters and we should all just be happy there is no 500 internal service error. Sounds fun.

24 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Like I said from the very beginning, the Sox aren't signing any big name FA's. I'm glad I didn't really follow the saga. The Sox have to produce stars to succeed, not buy them. The South Side of Chicago just isn't an attractive place to play baseball. I'm fine with it. I like a lot of the young talent and my favorite thing in baseball is watching kids grow into MLB players. I still have hope that some of these guys will be stars.

Not gonna happen when you're blowing 1st round picks on Carson Fulmer and Jake Burger, all due respect to those guys.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Ah sorry everyone. Let’s please discuss on the baseball message board how nothing actually matters and we should all just be happy there is no 500 internal service error. Sounds fun.

You don't have to be a complete baby while you discuss White Sox baseball. We were never signing Machado. I never even entertained it. History could have told you that. 

• BigSexy23 changed the title to Who is available in 2020? Looking ahead to the future