BigSexy23

Who is available in 2020? Looking ahead to the future

Well, we all kind of thought deep down this day would come. What else can we do this offseason? Here are notable players still available:

Position Players

• Bryce Harper (OF) - Unlikely
  • Marwin Gonzalez (UTIL)
  • Josh Harrison (2B) 
  • Adam Jones (OF) 
  • Jose Iglesias (SS) 
  • Carlos Gonzalez (OF) 
  • Denard Span (OF)

Pitchers

• Dallas Keuchel (SP)
  • Gio Gonzalez (SP)
  • Clay Buchholz (SP)
  • Craig Kimbrel (RP)
  • Tony Sipp (RP)
  • Nick Vincent (RP)
  • Adam Warren (RP)

Is it worth looking into any of these guys or should we be looking forward to next year's class? (Which is loaded by the way)

If they aren't willing to go big for Harper, then you continue the rebuild and continue to accumulate assets with high draft picks and the like.

• Like 2

I offer them $99 for a party suite, tell them it's the best offer they will get this year and I wait, then say "I'm shocked I didn't get a call" when I don't get one.

Get Jay and Alonso the fuck off the team as quickly as possible. At this point, Palka should get Alonso's ABs at DH. They're going to get it from ignorant fans. It isn't their fault, and if you're pissed don't go to the games. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tony Sipp & Carlos Gonzalez seemed to be classic White Sox IMO.  Can picture it now: Hahn: "We were finally able to execute on a guy in Carlos Gonzalez after many feeble attempts."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, knightni said:

Jones is retiring.

Marwin Gonzalez could be a surprisingly productive addition.

Jones is 32

23 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Harper or sit on hands.

This. Given that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Harper signs here, the answer is nothing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, BigSexy23 said:

Jones is 32

I had gathered that he was retiring. Maybe it was just goodbye to Baltimore.

Honestly? Vote with your dollars. Don't show up to the park. Don't turn on the TV. Don't download podcasts. Don't buy beer at the park. Don't buy merchandise.

I for one will be following the Rockies and Astros and Cardinals. I enjoy baseball and I don't need to be tied to terrible baseball and ownership anymore. I want to watch a good, fun product and a good fun product is not Adam Engel and Wellington Castillo and Manny Baneulos.

• Like 1

The only way to save face is Harper, maybe Keuchel, pray Madrigal becomes an elite 2B and forces Moncada to 3rd and Moncada becomes something there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The only way to save face is Harper, maybe Keuchel, pray Madrigal becomes an elite 2B and forces Moncada to 3rd and Moncada becomes something there.

You hope they pull a Royals and win a WS with this crop of prospects and then go back to losing 100+ games a year instantly because this franchise cannot scout/draft/develop players & ownership is too cheap to pay for free agents.  Thats about it really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Need to tank if you don’t get Harper. If you want impact players for years to come, and you can’t pay them, then you need to be at the top of the draft to find them. And I mean at the top. Not stuck at 12 drafting Jake burger

Edited by daa84