2020 and beyond...

KnightsOnMintSt

Now that we have missed out on Machado + we see Moncada at 3rd base, I think it’s oretty clear which direction the White Sox are going in. Looks like they will ride out the prospects, kind of like the Cubs did. 

3B- Moncada SS-Anderson 2B Madrigal 1B- Abreu/Collins/Sheets

LF- Jimenez CF- Robert RF- Gonzalez/Rutherford/Basabe

DH- Abreu/Collins/Burger/Sheets

C- Zavala/Collins

Rotation- 1. Kopech 2. Cease 3. Rodon 4. Lopez 5. Giolito

I would guess by 2020/2020 they’ll try to add one top pitcher (Sale, Cole, etc...) as well as an outfielder. If they’re unable to make a big splash, I would guess the lineup I posted is most likely what we’ll see.

I'm still hoping we have new ownership by 2020. Would anybody care if JR and his front office were gone from the scene? I remember when Veeck sold the team after the 1980 season. Every White Sox fan was glad to see Veeck gone. I would think White Sox fans would feel the same way if JR was gone.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

I'm still hoping we have new ownership by 2020. Would anybody care if JR and his front office were gone from the scene? I remember when Veeck sold the team after the 1980 season. Every White Sox fan was glad to see Veeck gone. I would think White Sox fans would feel the same way if JR was gone.

Winning starts at the top as seen with the Patriots or Yankees, etc.

Can't have incompetence at the top

3 hours ago, Cashman said:

This is a joke, right?

Old-school White Sox Front Office:

”Hey Chris, we’re going to give you a 10% raise from the last contract you signed with us because you hit your goals and objectives over the previous 2 seasons.  But because you had a lapse in employment with us for 4+ years, we won’t fund your 401k until month 6 and your vacation accrual balances will reset.  Sound good?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heirdog said:

Old-school White Sox Front Office:

”Hey Chris, we’re going to give you a 10% raise from the last contract you signed with us because you hit your goals and objectives over the previous 2 seasons.  But because you had a lapse in employment with us for 4+ years, we won’t fund your 401k until month 6 and your vacation accrual balances will reset.  Sound good?”

To think, the Sox are going to go after the A list of FAs is ludicrous. This is bargain basement FA with the Sox, they are not serious. What happened to all that money the Sox saved "rebuilding"?

6 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Now that we have missed out on Machado + we see Moncada at 3rd base, I think it’s oretty clear which direction the White Sox are going in. Looks like they will ride out the prospects, kind of like the Cubs did. 

3B- Moncada SS-Anderson 2B Madrigal 1B- Abreu/Collins/Sheets

LF- Jimenez CF- Robert RF- Gonzalez/Rutherford/Basabe

DH- Abreu/Collins/Burger/Sheets

C- Zavala/Collins

Rotation- 1. Kopech 2. Cease 3. Rodon 4. Lopez 5. Giolito

I would guess by 2020/2020 they’ll try to add one top pitcher (Sale, Cole, etc...) as well as an outfielder. If they’re unable to make a big splash, I would guess the lineup I posted is most likely what we’ll see.

The Cubs added top free agents when the time was right to supplement the "kids." It still isn't clear if the Sox will be able to do the same.

5 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I'm sure the vast majority of Sox fans wanted JR gone years ago. However that's not happening, He has publicly stated he is keeping the team until he dies because of tax purposes (capital gains specifically). Then he has told his family to keep the Bulls and sell the Sox.