Goodbye Soxtalk

Chicago White Sox

It’s been wild ride with you guys, but I’m officially the fuck out of here.  I’m moving the family to Nashville so my children do not have to endure the incompetence of this front office & ownership group.  Unfortunately nothing will ever change until Uncle Jerry dies and the fact I even had to type that sentence shows just how we fucked we all are as Sox fans.  We all deserve so much better.  Like we literally just got punked by the San Diego fucking Padres.  At least we had a seat at the table right...right...right?

I fully expect to be ridiculed endlessly for this post and I totally accept that.  Please flame away and tell I’m an idiot and all will be fine.  I really want to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel here, but when this front office can’t land an elite free agent when they practically fall into their lap I’ve simply lost all hope.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s been wild ride with you guys, but I’m officially the fuck out of here.  I’m moving the family to Nashville so my children do not have to endure the incompetence of this front office & ownership group.  Unfortunately nothing will ever change until Uncle Jerry dies and the fact I even had to type that sentence shows just how we fucked we all are as Sox fans.  We all deserve so much better.  Like we literally just got punked by the San Diego fucking Padres.  At least we had a seat at the table right...right...right?

I fully expect to be ridiculed endlessly for this post and I totally accept that.  Please flame away and tell I’m an idiot and all will be fine.  I really want to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel here, but when this front office can’t land an elite free agent when they practically fall into their lap I’ve simply lost all hope.

Sorry, but I'm the last guy to ask for help regarding this situation. Good Luck!

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I mean, your kids don't need to move to Nashville in order to avoid the wrath of JR

I work for a company based in Nashville and my career mobility is tied to being there.  I currently work remotely out of Chicago and have debated for several years if I should make the move.  As pathetic as this may be, but the thought of going to Sox games with my two sons when they get older has been a big reason I’ve passed on opportunities there.  After this fuck-up and what it means going forward, I’m not sure that’s a dream worth pursuing when my wife is a huge Cubs fan and it will be a battle to get them to love the White Sox like I do.  I’ll always be a Sox fan, but Rick Hahn & company have pretty much destroyed my dream and it’s time to be an actual adult and prioritize the things in life that actually reward for the time & effort you put into them.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I work for a company based in Nashville and my career mobility is tied to being there.  I currently work remotely out of Chicago and have debated for several years if I should make the move.  As pathetic as this may be, but the thought of going to Sox games with my two sons when they get older has been a big reason I’ve passed on opportunities there.  After this fuck-up and what it means going forward, I’m not sure that’s a dream worth pursuing when my wife is a huge Cubs fan and it will be a battle to get them to love the White Sox like I do.  I’ll always be a Sox fan, but Rick Hahn & company have pretty much destroyed my dream and it’s time to be an actual adult and prioritize the things in life that actually reward for the time & effort you put into them.

That makes a lot more sense then. I interpreted it as more of a snap judgment that you hate Reinsdorf and decided to just move your family to Tennessee because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fair enough. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So...you’re finally an adult? It’s baseball. 

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Congratulations on the move to Nashville! Awesome town. Much better than Illinois in so many ways.

• Like 3

Just now, turnin' two said:

This franchise does not deserve us as fans.  We deserve a better run team.  This sucks.

And we’ll be reminded of that for the next five years while Machado & Tatis form one of the best left-sides of an infield in all of baseball.  Meanwhile, Rick Hahn will wear that douchy New Trier hat and use lawyer speak to convince us how awesome everything will be in the coming years and how they’ll spend the money intended for Manny on friends of other awesome free agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m here right now and I agree.  Better food, better beer, better music.  Makes enduring this tragedy that much easier.

There's a good chance I'll be joining you down there when I retire. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I think it's time to remember this is a game and real life is separate from it...or at least it should be.

3 minutes ago, G&T said:

So...you’re finally an adult? It’s baseball. 

Like I said, please flame away.  Sometimes in life you need to be shamed to the point of realizing how stupid something is.  Unfortunately, like many of my brethren here, the Sox are more than just a baseball team to me.  Going to White Sox games has been an intregral part of my life and right or wrong (mostly wrong) this shit is devastating to me.  I could take missing on Harper & Machado, but the reasons we missed and what that means going forward destroys all hope.  I applaud anyone here who remains optimistic, but these clowns spent multiple years planning this out and at the end of the day their offer to Manny was beyond delusional.  We will never land a stud free agent with these fucks in charge. 

• Like 3