RON IN 2019: Thinking of cheering for the Cubs next year

ron883

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Wrong. Im rooting for another team because this organization is clearly not very concerned with winning. We have a cheap owner who is loyal to a fault and is all about making money. There is a reason there are so few White Sox fans. 

By your lousy definition, rooting for any other team would make me fairweather, since the White Sox are one of the worst run organizations in the league. They don't deserve my fandom. 

My definition is accurate, not lousy. A fairweather fan is someone who only supports a team when they're good. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but in my opinion it detracts from the experience of watching sports. I enjoy following my team through thick and thin, and the losing seasons just make winning so much sweeter.

• Like 1

I just had a revelation. Ron is sacrificing himself and trying to unite us all to make us all realize we still love the White Sox by making himself and the Cubs the enemy and not the Sox front office.

Thank you Ron . Your sacrifice and humility has not gone unnoticed.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

OK EVERYONE, THIS IS GOING TO BE MY LAST FACEBOOK POST. MY PERSONAL VIEWS ON PRIVACY SIMPLY CANNOT ALLPW ME TO CONTINUE TO BE VICTIMIZED BY ADVERTISERS. PLUS YOU GUYS HAVE ALL SEEN MY POSTS AND OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW IMMJUST KILLIN IT WITH MY LIFE AND I DONT NEED TO KEEP CONVINCING YOU. MANY OF YOU WONT BE SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW EDGY AND ABOVE EVERYTHING I AM. SO IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IN TOUCH, MESSAGE ME FOR ME PERMANENT CONTACT INFORMATION. 

UM BUT YEAH, I WONT DEACTIVATE THE ACCOUNT UNTIL SUNDAY IF YOU GUYS LIKE WANT TO TALK ME OUT OF IT OR WHATEVER

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

OK EVERYONE, THIS IS GOING TO BE MY LAST FACEBOOK POST. MY PERSONAL VIEWS ON PRIVACY SIMPLY CANNOT ALLPW ME TO CONTINUE TO BE VICTIMIZED BY ADVERTISERS. PLUS YOU GUYS HAVE ALL SEEN MY POSTS AND OBVIOUSLY YOU KNOW IMMJUST KILLIN IT WITH MY LIFE AND I DONT NEED TO KEEP CONVINCING YOU. MANY OF YOU WONT BE SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW EDGY AND ABOVE EVERYTHING I AM. SO IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IN TOUCH, MESSAGE ME FOR ME PERMANENT CONTACT INFORMATION. 

UM BUT YEAH, I WONT DEACTIVATE THE ACCOUNT UNTIL SUNDAY IF YOU GUYS LIKE WANT TO TALK ME OUT OF IT OR WHATEVER

OMG, please don't go!?!?!  What would we ever do without you Sexy Lady?  HUGS!!!

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

Welcome back, Ron!

• Haha 1

I nearly because a Cubs fan due to their failures in free agency, and nearly did it against when they signed TLR as manager. I didn't see ANYBODY else considering this when TLR was hired. And you all claim to truly hate TLR and despise the hiring decision, yet nobody else considered changing sides? You all disgust me. 

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I nearly because a Cubs fan due to their failures in free agency, and nearly did it against when they signed TLR as manager. I didn't see ANYBODY else considering this when TLR was hired. And you all claim to truly hate TLR and despise the hiring decision, yet nobody else considered changing sides? You all disgust me. 

I am disgusted for different reasons. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

I agree with the first part, but I can't disagree more about 2005.  Yes it takes a lil luck to win a World Series (dropped 3rd strike game 2), but this team went wire to wire in first place for the entire year and than 11-1 in the postseason with 4 pitchers throwing complete games.  That is DOMINATION, especially when we swept the Astros who had a very good team that year.  I enjoyed watching the rebuild and I'd rather watch rookies than the retreads we were throwing out there year after year.   

I use to hate the Cubs, but you know what after 2005 and with the Cubs win in 2016 I lost my hate when we accomplished the goal of winning the WS before them.

Enjoy their rebuild, it should be fun to watch.  I just read they have less than 50 million committed to salaries next year so their offseason should be more exciting than the Sox if Jerry and the boys stick to the script now that they have pocketed all that extra postseason $$$$$

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I know you're highlighting this because you want one of us to dig up your post about how you were going to become a Cubs fan after TLR got hired.

You truly have mastered the art of trolling, Eduardo.

Damn Ray Ray, you found another instance of him doing this. So Ron does this frequently?

Also, this post aged beautifully.

On 2/19/2019 at 9:36 PM, bryank1202 said:

How bout the Padres ?  They got tatis and Machado, Sox spent 13 million and lost prospects on Machado buddies Alonso/Jay , and have no real need for Alonso .  Cheap , dumb front office , team will suck even more next year.  If these prospects don't pan out Sox/bulls will be horrible the next decade, AGAIN

Remember when we were all jealous about the Twins free agent signings or Steve Cohen buying the Mets?

Good times.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Also, this post aged beautifully.

Remember when we were all jealous about the Twins free agent signings or Steve Cohen buying the Mets?

Good times.

Basically you can't make the wrong decision on a franchise player in Lindor and rely on extended pitching health, like ever.  Or not doing proper background checks, or ignoring those checks because you have too much Daniel Snyder in your DNA.

Incredible the Braves got there without Acuna and Ozuna and pitching issues...and that the Phillies never get there despite talents like Harper and Wheeler.

On 2/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, ron883 said:

Very few have been more frustrated than me, 70 years a Sox fan starting in 1952 and I've seen it all. I've never liked JR and have put up with so much of his garbage running the franchise like a mid market club but it will never get bad enough to become a Cub fan. I was born a few minutes from Comiskey and the Sox are in my DNA and as bad as things get sometimes the Sox have still given me a lifetime of some great thrills especially in the GO GO years and of course 2005. I have seen some great players like Nellie, Looie, Minnie, Billy, Dick Allen and Big Hurt come and go that produced those thrills of  which I will never forget.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Its really simple. If you think about switching sides...you were never a White Sox fan. 

Its Science GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2