RON IN 2019: Thinking of cheering for the Cubs next year

ron883

Ban him.

This has gone way too far. The troll posts about Abreu year after year after year, and now a troll post about becoming a Cubs fan? This is so dumb.

If moderators sit by and continue to tolerate this behavior year after year I seriously don’t know what the actual point of having moderators is.

He’s laughing at everyone on this site, and pissing all over Sox fans with every post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

10 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Ban him.

This has gone way too far. The troll posts about Abreu year after year after year, and now a troll post about becoming a Cubs fan? This is so dumb.

If moderators sit by and continue to tolerate this behavior year after year I seriously don’t know what the actual point of having moderators is.

He’s laughing at everyone on this site, and pissing all over Sox fans with every post.

Lmao. And we give it right back, because we're not soft. We don't ban people for being weird and annoying sometimes.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

I loathed Reinsdorf passionately but my love for CWS transcends ownership. 

I was a Sox fan before Reinsdorf and will be one after.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I loathed Reinsdorf passionately but my love for CWS transcends ownership. 

I was a Sox fan before Reinsdorf and will be one after.  

I don't loath Reinsdorf but I'm in the same boat with everything else you say.  It would be fun for a while to have a billionaire fan-type owner that wants to win at all cost.  Maybe the next owner will be that type.

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Lmao. And we give it right back, because we're not soft. We don't ban people for being weird and annoying sometimes.

Yeah, but why allow a dude who obviously hates the white sox and is simply here to troll real fans continue to be here? It’s one thing to have some dude be “weird” sometimes. This dude is a troll. Again, What’s the point of moderators? 

• Like 1

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

Edited by Soxsi75

16 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yeah, but why allow a dude who obviously hates the white sox and is simply here to troll real fans continue to be here? It’s one thing to have some dude be “weird” sometimes. This dude is a troll. Again, What’s the point of moderators? 

I think you'd be surprised to find out how much content gets removed, how many threads are locked, and how many suspensions quietly handed out each day/week around here. Ron has been the recipient of a lot of it. Moderation is best done as subtly as possible; it isn't supposed to create waves for people to rally for/against.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Ban him.

Kick rocks, Hibbard

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Kick rocks, Hibbard

Hibbard is one of the more rational, level-headed posters here, and trends towards optimism generally.   

I do think it's interesting how everyone seems to get triggered by being called out as "soft," it's like it automatically puts people on the defensive.  And yet we don't want anything to do with a "hard ass" manager in terms of the preference of most modern baseball fans.  Quite a contradiction.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Ban him.

It's really not that serious, dawg.

2 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

Ron has been the recipient of a lot of it.

Like my post. Like my post. Like my post. Like my post. I must win the day! Oh, did I tell you to like my post yet? Like my post. Like my post. I’m winning! Like my post.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Like my post. Like my post. Like my post. Like my post. I must win the day! Oh, did I tell you to like my post yet? Like my post. Like my post. I’m winning! Like my post.

Anything to prevent Ron from that world-renowned “winning the day” championship trophy…it worked?  Plus, you’re likable enough.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Anything to prevent Ron from that world-renowned “winning the day” championship trophy…it worked?  Plus, you’re likable enough.

It’s gonna be a long long offseason. Oh joy. What is this… Soxtalk Off-season 18?

The Cubs organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2016.  Ricketts won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the White Sox and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

I'm pretty sure you could find something close to this on Cubs message boards after the trade deadline.

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

I nearly because a Cubs fan due to their failures in free agency, and nearly did it against when they signed TLR as manager. I didn't see ANYBODY else considering this when TLR was hired. And you all claim to truly hate TLR and despise the hiring decision, yet nobody else considered changing sides? You all disgust me. 

There’s this love hate relationship thing going on… can’t you see it?

Sox win… I love em.

Sox lose… I hate it and love em.

Yikes