RON IN 2019: Thinking of cheering for the Cubs next year

ron883

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

• Like 1

Just now, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

Then you should leave now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AustinIllini said:

Pecota has the Cubs winning 80-82 games next year. 

Good luck with that.  You had better figure out how to take this down because you're essentially done here with that post.

Somebody is moving to Nashville because of this. I see no better way to stick it to the owner than giving my money to the other team in town

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

Shut the fuck up.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Ok I've been on board with just about every pissed off post today. But this is too much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Enjoy!

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Somebody is moving to Nashville because of this. I see no better way to stick it to the owner than giving my money to the other team in town

I’d rather die than cheer for the Cubs.  At least from Nashville I can watch this White Sox trainwreck from afar while providing for my family.  Unfortunately kids nowadays don’t get overly excited at the thought of Yonder Alonso & Jay Jaying play for their beloved White Sox!

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It is one thing to leave.  But this is intolerable.  There are 28 other teams besides these two.  Any other one is acceptable.  If you would even entertain this notion, you are despicable. 

Sorry man, I’m 40... been following the Sox since the day I could remember and I will NEVER cheer for the Cubs.  There are 28 other teams to in the MLB and if I’m abandoning my beloved White Sox I would be damned if it were to join some fairweather northside fans that, up until about 5 years ago, a bulk of the fan base couldn’t even name their entire 25 man roster.  Thanks but no thanks!

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

It is one thing to leave.  But this is intolerable.  There are 28 other teams besides these two.  Any other one is acceptable.  If you would even entertain this notion, you are despicable. 

I can't go to any other teams games. I live in the city. It is really the only choice I have.