RON IN 2019: Thinking of cheering for the Cubs next year

ron883

30 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

I was always kind of hoping that it would eventually be a “ban bet” that got you to finally leave. Would be a little more integrity in that. 

31 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The Sox organization disappoints year after year. They have failed their fanbase once again. I don't see anything changing in the near future. They got lucky in 2005. Jerry won't pay. We won't see a winner. If I live in this city, I might as well cheer for a team with a great FO and an owner willing to spend. I know it is blasphemy, and possibly a spur of the moment overreaction, but as of now I will be cheering for the Cubs and attending their games. This was the final straw. 

lmao gtfo

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I'm not devastated. Hang in there, Sox fans.

For me, missing out on Manny isn't the worst part.  It is how this whole charade happened.   It is Jay and Alonso.  It is the whole "we've been planning for this offseason for years".   It is the "we tried really hard narrative".  It is being over .500 1 out of the last 8 years, with that likely being 1/9.  It is pulling for a franchise that has become completely irrelevant.   It is the circus.  It is the whole damn thing.  It is just the latest proof that my favorite team, in my favorite sport, just isn't competing.  They aren't competitive on the field or in the front office, or the ownership suite. 

This whole entire offseason has been a complete disaster.  They geared up for Manny, and they blew it.  They didn't understand the market, their own offer, or their competition.  It is more incompetence.  I'm glad they invested in the bullpen, nevermind that the rotation, offense and defense are terrible.  That was a good use of player capital, as well as cash.  Nicely done.  Now maybe they won't blow the 12 games in which they lead late. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

For me, missing out on Manny isn't the worst part.  It is how this whole charade happened.   It is Jay and Alonso.  It is the whole "we've been planning for this offseason for years".   It is the "we tried really hard narrative".  It is being over .500 1 out of the last 8 years, with that likely being 1/9.  It is pulling for a franchise that has become completely irrelevant.   It is the circus.  It is the whole damn thing.  It is just the latest proof that my favorite team, in my favorite sport, just isn't competing.  They aren't competitive on the field or in the front office, or the ownership suite. 

This whole entire offseason has been a complete disaster.  They geared up for Manny, and they blew it.  They didn't understand the market, their own offer, or their competition.  It is more incompetence.  I'm glad they invested in the bullpen, nevermind that the rotation, offense and defense are terrible.  That was a good use of player capital, as well as cash.  Nicely done.  Now maybe they won't blow the 12 games in which they lead late. 

I hear you loud and clear. Please read my post on my take on Manny in the "moving out of town to Nashville" thread. Thank u.

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

You can tell he's just trolling when he says he'll root for the Cubs. That's normal. What would make this really funny is if he were to threaten to cheer for Abreu to put up big numbers next season, especially in April.

Wrong, and we both know the latter would never happen. Jose Abreu sleep walks through April. The guy is borderline useless in cold weather. 

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

The Cubs are on the way down. Should've started rooting for them years ago if you were planning on being a fairweather fan.

If I was a fairweather fan I would have hopped on the bandwagon a couple years ago. This is about the White Sox organization failing me and the entire fanbase. It's about rooting for the other team in the city I love. Unfortunately, JR and the completely incompetent FO made this happen.