Video Game Thread

TheTruth05

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm liking it as well. I don't like the fact that it's so team dependent when you are playing with randoms, but overall it's a very fun game, especially considering it's free. 

Yea i agree, these games especially suck playing with randos but every now and then you'll end up with a pretty solid squad that actually helps each other. The only thing hindering it is the lack of cross play like Fortnite. 

Anybody get the early access on Anthem? I played the open demo a couple weeks ago and it was fun. Fun enough to keep me interested in the game. Now I'm hearing the load times are awful and there are other problems at launch. I wanted to play this one based on how cool it looks, but I might be waiting a bit to see how it sorts out through its initial launch.

Besides, I am still chipping away at Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Man that game is long (way too long).

3 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Was thinking about getting MLB The Show this season but I've decided against it. I love playing franchise mode with accurate rosters (yes I know about OSFM) and without Manny and other moves that could have happened....yuck.

Yeah, I was 100% going to get it this year (I skipped out last year), but now that the Sox will have done nothing exciting for 2019, I might just skip out on it again. Sigh.

22 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Yeah, I was 100% going to get it this year (I skipped out last year), but now that the Sox will have done nothing exciting for 2019, I might just skip out on it again. Sigh.

I just buy the previous year's versions for cheap

7 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I play both. I'm assuming you mean D3 on the Switch. When I get a chance, we can exchange friendcodes.

How you likin D3?

I love it.  I'm about halfway through chapter 3, just grinding trying to level up as much as possible 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I love it.  I'm about halfway through chapter 3, just grinding trying to level up as much as possible 

I played 1000+ hours on PC on one character alone. I guess I was a bit of a Demon Hunter freak. I dabbled with others, too, but not to that degree.

I felt it was a no brainer to get it on Switch too, especially when it was on sale. I have a nice, shiny Necromancer now :)

Let me know when you're ready to start Nephalim Rifts/bounties and set gear hunting. The game you're playing now is great, the end game is even better IMO. 

9 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I played 1000+ hours on PC on one character alone. I guess I was a bit of a Demon Hunter freak. I dabbled with others, too, but not to that degree.

I felt it was a no brainer to get it on Switch too, especially when it was on sale. I have a nice, shiny Necromancer now :)

Let me know when you're ready to start Nephalim Rifts/bounties and set gear hunting. The game you're playing now is great, the end game is even better IMO. 

I have a necromancer also and damn I love the skill set (especially the golems and skeleton armies)

15 minutes ago, South Sider said:

It's really a lot of fun! My favorite is recreating armies from the corpses of the dead. There's a really fun skeleton end-game build, too. 

Have you tried Tetris 99?  If you have Nintendo Online, you should get an email for a free code.  Super addictive, highest I have placed is 4th so far

• 3 weeks later...

I finally hit 100% completion on RDR2. There are a couple of little things that I haven't finished. Mostly finding a few animals and there are a handful of trophies that I didn't get and probably never will.  I'm not really interested in the online mode but I may go back at some point and check it out. I just feel like moving on and playing something else now.

I heard someone once say that the level of detail and the sheer amount of things to do and discover in the game make it difficult to play other games now. It's kind of true as I'm now playing South Park Fractured But Whole and it's on the complete opposite of the spectrum from RDR2. Although I'm enjoying it so far. Should be able to finish this game up a lot faster.

Then it'll probably be on to Kingdom Hearts The story So Far. I've only played KH1 and KH2. I never played any of the other smaller (for lack of a better term) games in the series. So I have a lot of catching up to do.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:09 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Fairly addicted to Tetris 99

anyone play smash bros or Diablo III?

Tetris 99 is fucking awesome.  If Nintendo continues to offer up little surprises like that plus adds their back catalog of SNES and Nintendo 64 games the Nintendo Switch Online could actually be a steal at $20 / year.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Tetris 99 is fucking awesome.  If Nintendo continues to offer up little surprises like that plus adds their back catalog of SNES and Nintendo 64 games the Nintendo Switch Online could actually be a steal at $20 / year.

I got the family plan which is 5 profiles, for 35.99 a years.   Pretty happy with it so far

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Must.....play.....Red Dead.

It's been at least a month since I played, and with The Show coming out, I worry I'll never finish it.

Just skip the show. Not enough changes to justify year-to-year purchases. Plus, people do a pretty good job of keeping rosters current in the previous year's version. By not getting it last year or this year, that's what, $104 (I take advantage of this rewards system at Best Buy my friends have where you get 20% off games) back in my pocket?

Edited by soxfan2014