Video Game Thread

TheTruth05

On 2/4/2020 at 7:46 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Wonderful 101 being ported to switch.   Really fun WiiU game that I'm glad is getting a second chance.   Supposedly Super mario 3D world, Pikmin 3 and Skyward Sword also being ported

Where did you hear on that last one?  I’ve seen strong rumors suggesting 3D World & Pikmin 3 ports this year, but Skyward Sword seems like it would be a really challenging port given the control scheme.  Apparently a Metroid Prime Trilogy port is finished and Nintendo is waiting to release it once Metroid Prime 4 gets far enough along.

By the way, I have also heard rumors of new Paper Mario & 2D Metroid games coming out this year.  I’m really excited about the latter as it’s been a long time since an original 2D Metroid came and Super Metroid is a legit masterpiece.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Where did you hear on that last one?  I’ve seen strong rumors suggesting 3D World & Pikmin 3 ports this year, but Skyward Sword seems like it would be a really challenging port given the control scheme.  Apparently a Metroid Prime Trilogy port is finished and Nintendo is waiting to release it once Metroid Prime 4 gets far enough along.

By the way, I have also heard rumors of new Paper Mario & 2D Metroid games coming out this year.  I’m really excited about the latter as it’s been a long time since an original 2D Metroid came and Super Metroid is a legit masterpiece.

Nintendo let it slip that they were planning like 4 major WiiU ports soon and many feel that with Wonderful 101 being announced, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D world are no brainers, so that basically leaves Skyward Sword as the logical fourth one.

and that game would sell like fucking hot cakes with a new control system.  I would absolutely love to go into that final gauntlet and not have to worry if my wiimote was sensitive enough 

1 hour ago, almagest said:

Wonderful 101 is also on Kickstarter and is coming to other systems. I don't know if Nintendo was referring to it - might be another option in there.

It's fully funded for a physical release on switch and they are working on the other systems now.   That game will be a blast when it isn't fully dependent on the pad 

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't bought a new MLB The Show game since 2016. I decided on a whim the other day to fire it up again and check out the Diamond Dynasty section. To my surprise, it was still up and running. Then I see online that they will be decommissioning the servers on July 28th.

I had a bunch of missions that I never completed because I figured it would take me years to either earn enough stubs to buy the cards I needed or get lucky enough to get one as a reward.

I played a few games and listed a handful of things in the online market and they actually sold. So apparently there are others still playing this 4-year-old game as well.

Can't wait for March 13 access to the new MLB The Show 2020.

I don't play much franchise these days, but might have to start one up with the White sox. I figure i'll sim the first year and then land Mookie Betts in FA, maybe make a run at Joc Pederson and Trevor Bauer. Possibly look towards trading the farm for either Snell or Ketel Marte (just a personal favorite in the game).

Could go something like 

OF: Eloy, Roberts, Betts

IN: Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal, Abreu, Grandal
DH: Either A. Vaughn if I don't add another offensive piece (this is dependent on how good his stats are in the game) or go with Ketel Marte (in which case I'd probably DH Eloy and have Ketel in the OF) or some form of Edwin/Joc Pederson.

SP: Gio, Kopech, Cease, Keuchel and then a signing/trade (Bauer preferred or Snell if I get greedy)

Throw Reynaldo lopez in the bullpen, give Bummer the closers role, maybe sign Britton if he ends up on free agency.

Feeling goooood man! Semi-realistic and not too video gamish. Play on high levels of difficulty and rock it out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 12:01 PM, iWiN4PreP said:

Can't wait for March 13 access to the new MLB The Show 2020.

I don't play much franchise these days, but might have to start one up with the White sox. I figure i'll sim the first year and then land Mookie Betts in FA, maybe make a run at Joc Pederson and Trevor Bauer. Possibly look towards trading the farm for either Snell or Ketel Marte (just a personal favorite in the game).

Could go something like 

OF: Eloy, Roberts, Betts

IN: Moncada, Anderson, Madrigal, Abreu, Grandal
DH: Either A. Vaughn if I don't add another offensive piece (this is dependent on how good his stats are in the game) or go with Ketel Marte (in which case I'd probably DH Eloy and have Ketel in the OF) or some form of Edwin/Joc Pederson.

SP: Gio, Kopech, Cease, Keuchel and then a signing/trade (Bauer preferred or Snell if I get greedy)

Throw Reynaldo lopez in the bullpen, give Bummer the closers role, maybe sign Britton if he ends up on free agency.

Feeling goooood man! Semi-realistic and not too video gamish. Play on high levels of difficulty and rock it out.

Betts seems to go back to Boston no matter how much money anyone throws at him. Something like an 11 year, 350 million deal with them.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, South Sider said:

Ridin Rosters will be dropping a big roster update tonight.

Will this be the one worth starting a franchise with? 

2.1 was pretty damn good if you ask me. They even had Norge Vera, who reportedly has an agreement with the Sox. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• 1 month later...

Anyone playing The Show??

This years gameplay has been hugely disapointing. It's in a pretty terrible state.

But I made World Series this year and the content has been pretty good. White Sox have diamond versions of Luis Robert, Nick Madrigal, Kopech (throws 102 mph even with 100+ pitches lol), Dane Dunning, Andrew Vaughn, Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada.

• 2 months later...

I'm ready to pre-order the PS5 and/or the Xbox Series X but Microsoft and Sony are in this weird stare-down over who announces the price first. Microsoft wants to undercut whatever Sony's price is and Sony knows this, and they don't wanna let them do it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...