Sign in to follow this  
TheTruth05

2019 Video Game Thread

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Must.....play.....Red Dead.

It's been at least a month since I played, and with The Show coming out, I worry I'll never finish it.

Just skip the show. Not enough changes to justify year-to-year purchases. Plus, people do a pretty good job of keeping rosters current in the previous year's version. By not getting it last year or this year, that's what, $104 (I take advantage of this rewards system at Best Buy my friends have where you get 20% off games) back in my pocket?

Edited by soxfan2014

17 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Just skip the show. Not enough changes to justify year-to-year purchases. Plus, people do a pretty good job of keeping rosters current in the previous year's version. By not getting it last year or this year, that's what, $104 (I take advantage of this rewards system at Best Buy my friends have where you get 20% off games) back in my pocket?

I didn't buy it last year, so this is my year to do it.

• Like 1

E3 is a bit weird with Sony not there and EA not really doing a press conference, but still some cool stuff.

For one, this:

And this looks cool, although I have no idea what it is:

Guys I just discovered The Golf Club 2019 and my life is changed. Finally a decent golf game since the TW series came to a close (don't come at me with Rory, that game is hot trash).

Why should you try TGC2019?

1. Fully customizable characters
  2. Massive online community
  3. Said online community creates tons of real courses
  4. You can do careers with 4-day tournaments and custom outfits on each day of those tournaments
  5. You can join online "leagues"
  6. The massive online community likes to provide real stakes for tournaments
  7. It's fun as fuck.

The end.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:51 PM, Steve9347 said:

Guys I just discovered The Golf Club 2019 and my life is changed. Finally a decent golf game since the TW series came to a close (don't come at me with Rory, that game is hot trash).

Why should you try TGC2019?

1. Fully customizable characters
  2. Massive online community
  3. Said online community creates tons of real courses
  4. You can do careers with 4-day tournaments and custom outfits on each day of those tournaments
  5. You can join online "leagues"
  6. The massive online community likes to provide real stakes for tournaments
  7. It's fun as fuck.

The end.

I have both TGC and TGC 2 and it's insanely hard. You mostly shoot scores you would in real life. That said, I'm waiting for TGC 2020 and hopefully more real courses. Is this one as hard as the first two? In those games if you shoot 75 on a par 72 that's really good, and the rough and bunkers are way too penal. If you miss the fairway it's impossible to get a GIR, or even hit a straight shot. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

On 9/1/2019 at 3:23 PM, Kalapse said:

Control is a very fun game. I highly recommend it.

I keep hearing that. I will have to pick this one up soon. It reminds me of Infamous based on the gameplay I've seen.

21 hours ago, danman31 said:

I keep hearing that. I will have to pick this one up soon. It reminds me of Infamous based on the gameplay I've seen.

Anyone who is currently or in the process of building a gaming PC can get Control and the new Wolfenstein games as free downloads if you buy a new Nvidia card.  I recently built two gaming computers for my two kids with Nvidia cards (GTX 2070’s) and noticed these free games came with the GPU’s.

Edited by Moan4Yoan