If White Sox are sold

Justinsettle

Within the next 10 years JR will most likely be dead so the team will change ownership.  Do you think the White Sox will move out ot Chicago at that time?  I have people say Vegas White Sox-  even if we don't operate like it we still are in a big market city.  Do you think new ownership would capitalize on that or move the White Sox?  

2 minutes ago, Justinsettle said:

Within the next 10 years JR will most likely be dead so the team will change ownership.  Do you think the White Sox will move out ot Chicago at that time?  I have people say Vegas White Sox-  even if we don't operate like it we still are in a big market city.  Do you think new ownership would capitalize on that or move the White Sox?  

Yes,

I've been thinking for this for a couple years and think the Sox will move.  It's just a gut feeling, and I hope I'm wrong. However, if they move I'm going to follow the organization.    I've spent 29 years of my life with this organization, and I won't stop cheering for them even if they move to Portland or Vegas.  

13 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

I also recall reading something a few years back that Reinsdorf told his son's when he passes to sell the team.   I'm not sure if there's any validity or if I'm just imagining things.   Either way I think moving the team is a real possibility.  

This is in fact a fact

7 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Mark Cuban where you at?

Mark Cuban will never be sold the White Sox by a Reinsdorf.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/09/27/remember-mark-cuban-jim-crane-nearly-bought-rangers-thought-cuban-recalls

"There was no way Major League Baseball was letting me in," Cuban says. "I mean, [White Sox owner] Jerry Reinsdorf told me verbatim that I had no chance."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2007-04-03-0704030231-story.html

But Reinsdorf intimated what many in Major League Baseball have hinted: That Cuban's strong personality might make him a hard sell to baseball's conservative owners.

"It is a matter of public record that when Cuban was approved to buy the Dallas Mavericks, the vote was 29-1," said Reinsdorf, who is also the Bulls chairman.

29 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

I also recall reading something a few years back that Reinsdorf told his son's when he passes to sell the team.   I'm not sure if there's any validity or if I'm just imagining things.   Either way I think moving the team is a real possibility.  

After watching Michael run the Bulls, I hope he takes his father's advice. He actually has basketball Bevington as a head coach.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This would be the ultimate JR move. Block Cuban as a competitor, and then sell to Cuban because he is the highest bidder...

18 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I'm expecting a Tampa Bay type following this season, meaning bottom attendance. I can see this team moving sometime, especially after the strike and new ownership comes in. 

They sold 3 million tickets when winning with big TV money and viewership. They're not going anywhere.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They sold 3 million tickets when winning with big TV money and viewership. They're not going anywhere.

Key phrase was "when winning."   New owners are going to want to go to a place where they can maximize profits whether the team is winning or not.   

Vegas seems like a logical choice.  All they need are slot machines spread throughout the stadium and a brothel in right field.  Profits will skyrocket!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

Key phrase was "when winning."   New owners are going to want to go to a place where they can maximize profits whether the team is winning or not.   

Vegas seems like a logical choice.  All they need are slot machines spread throughout the stadium and a brothel in right field.  Profits will skyrocket!

Come out to a game, where it’s more likely to catch an STD from the Bunny Ranch than a Sox corner outfielder to corral a flyball...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

They probably aren't going anywhere, but even if they did, a new city would probably want to re-brand them with a different name. Without the White Sox team name, I doubt fans would stick with their support.

I don't really care at this point. Do you want to know what is worse than anger? Indifference and apathy. That is about where I'm at right now. It is so new, which is why I'm still here. It is just fun to rip these guys a new asshole. The ridicule they're getting is well deserved. They earned it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

They probably aren't going anywhere, but even if they did, a new city would probably want to re-brand them with a different name. Without the White Sox team name, I doubt fans would stick with their support.

I would, but I would probably be the minority.

Las Vegas Slots...Come for the Slots, stay for the ......

Before you say they aren’t moving, imagine another 10 years of this first. Their stadium deal has a decade left on it and no one would ever break that sweetheart lease.

this is already not the fan base of 2005, they have spent 6 years as the worst team in baseball and missed the playoffs 10 straight. 

Double that. Is there a fan base left to buy tickets for a winner? I don’t believe so.

then, throw in the state refusing to offer another sweetheart deal for a stadium and another city offering one.

Rick and Jerry have paved this team a clear path out of town and right now there are few detours, and only Rick has the directions.

• Like 2